[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

So I can't really see how we benefit much at all from Gravecrafting. The obvious ones:

- Weapons and boots are uniques
- Rings and belt are synthesized (and Uniques along the way)
- Amulet is unique, then a double influenced one, and the uber-uber is a base not available in the graveyard

I was hoping that maybe body, head, or gloves would have some good deterministic crafts possible. But after screwing around with Craft of Exile for a while, the following requirements for these slots add an extra layer of uncertainty (either bricking the craft or requiring a yolo annul) on top of at best about a 1-in-10 chance to hit a great slate of desired mods in the first place:

- Body armor needs an empty suffix for the Betrayal benchcraft, but the only number of mods you can guarantee is 6. Targeting any lower number is a crapshoot.
- Helmet needs full prefixes and an empty suffix for the Hunter slam, so see above

The best one I've managed to calculate is gloves. But you can't block Dex on the gravecraft for them. Even with getting the craft down to a 1:5 chance for a ton of ES, high Int, and 2 good resists, you're still just as likely to get gloves with +Dex and 2 resists, or +Int and +Dex and one resist.

So, as far as I can tell, gloves are the one thing we can realistically craft at about a 1:5 shot after buying and burying 86 corpses instead of just buying a pair for... (checks trade... gotdam inflation) ugh... 8 div.

If anyone groks this gravecrafting nonsense and has some good, guaranteed recipes that the build can use, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Tithonia on Apr 7, 2024, 7:32:28 PM
"
tomsoldier wrote:
Could this new The Perandus Pact jewel be useful for the build?
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Perandus_Pact

I'm wondering if the brute-force solution could be replaced with this?
These are the interesting variants for me:

- Passive Skills in Radius also grant +2 to all Attributes
- Passive Skills in Radius also grant 5% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
- Passive Skills in Radius also grant 3% increased Energy Shield
- Passive Skills in Radius also grant 6% increased Cold Damage

What do you think?

Tested it in PoB. Looks like it doesn't do anything significant. It's worse than a rare jewel in any socket.
Whats the smoothest map content to do with this build?
"
Tithonia wrote:

- Body armor needs an empty suffix for the Betrayal benchcraft, but the only number of mods you can guarantee is 6. Targeting any lower number is a crapshoot.

For body armor it all depends on what you want from it.
Perfect ev/es prefixes + T1 INT + T1 DEX (5 explicits) is almost guaranteed to be crafted with current changes. Then You have empty suffix for 6% attri.
Last edited by sumienie on Apr 8, 2024, 10:12:24 AM
"
sumienie wrote:
"
Tithonia wrote:

Perfect ev/es prefixes + T1 INT + T1 DEX (5 explicits) is almost guaranteed to be crafted with current changes. You have then suffix empty for 6% attri.

Can you guarantee exactly 5 affixes?
"
Yamsan wrote:
I think I'm ready for the amulet now?
Upgraded everything a lot
Thoughts?

You can aim for Ambush and Assassinate forbidden jewels (it's a massive damage boost).

You can also divine your helmet for that extra 1% intelligence.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
sumienie wrote:
"
Tithonia wrote:

Perfect ev/es prefixes + T1 INT + T1 DEX (5 explicits) is almost guaranteed to be crafted with current changes. You have then suffix empty for 6% attri.

Yes you can, 4 is baseline then you need just one corpse with +1 explicit. To have 5 in total.
Also you don't need to buy 86 ilvl corpses, it should be cheaper to go for 80-83ilvl and buy few +1 ilvl ones.

I made my armor that way. I think it took ~50 corpses to get into "I'm fine with those chances" zone.
Last edited by sumienie on Apr 8, 2024, 10:54:26 AM
"
sumienie wrote:

Yes you can, 4 is baseline then you need just one corpse with +1 explicit. To have 5 in total.
Also you don't need to buy 86 ilvl corpses, it should be cheaper to go for 80-83ilvl and buy few +1 ilvl ones.

I made my armor that way. I think it took ~50 corpses to get into "I'm fine with those chances" zone.

I have a few quad tabs of corpses so I will give this a shot. Did you plan it out using the graveyard method on craftofexile?
"
sumienie wrote:

"
WinterHiko wrote:

But you can't guarantee whether the empty one is a suffix or a prefix.

For body armor, you're already boosting the chances of the ES prefixes, whose only tag is Defense. But that also boosts the chance of the Defense-tagged ES recharge suffix, and it has no other tags you can block to prevent it from showing up and ending up with a 2 prefix 3 suffix item. There are also several untagged suffix mods that are unblockable and can just show up on their own and ruin your day.

We're really starved for places to get resists, so the body kinda wants to have +Int and a resist as the non-empty suffixes. Sure, +Int/+Dex is a 1:3 chance. But +int and one resist is about 1:8. In either case, the undesired and unblockable suffixes (one of which you're even unavoidably boosting the odds of) can show up and fill your open suffix, leaving an empty prefix.

Those 1:3 and 1:8 chances aren't the odds of getting something perfect. They're the odds of getting something that's not bricked. Like, since you can't block Dex while boosting Int, 7 out of the 8 tries for Int/Res suffixes will end up something like Dex/Res/empty or Dex/Int/reduced-attr-reqs, or Int/Res/spell-suppress.
Last edited by Tithonia on Apr 8, 2024, 12:22:07 PM
"
Tithonia wrote:
"
sumienie wrote:

"
WinterHiko wrote:

But you can't guarantee whether the empty one is a suffix or a prefix.

For body armor, you're already boosting the chances of the ES prefixes, whose only tag is Defense. But that also boosts the chance of the Defense-tagged ES recharge suffix, and it has no other tags you can block to prevent it from showing up and ending up with a 2 prefix 3 suffix item. There are also several untagged suffix mods that are unblockable and can just show up on their own and ruin your day.

We're really starved for places to get resists, so the body kinda wants to have +Int and a resist as the non-empty suffixes. Sure, +Int/+Dex is a 1:3 chance. But +int and one resist is about 1:8. In either case, the undesired and unblockable suffixes (one of which you're even unavoidably boosting the odds of) can show up and fill your open suffix, leaving an empty prefix.

Those 1:3 and 1:8 chances aren't the odds of getting something perfect. They're the odds of getting something that's not bricked. Like, since you can't block Dex while boosting Int, 7 out of the 8 tries for Int/Res suffixes will end up something like Dex/Res/empty or Dex/Int/reduced-attr-reqs, or Int/Res/spell-suppress.

Yes, this is downside of this league mechanic, we are increasing changes for that outcome, but we cant guarantee it.

There is no need to increase defenses weights, for prefixes you can reduce others as those have more tags: life, mana and physical. Then you need to increase Attributes weights. That way recharge will stay low in weight.

You can also try and go for 2 or 3 t1 fractured prefixes and then have fun with essence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info