[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Turbopuschel1 wrote:
So im pretty tanky right now, but i think i realy lack damage, any idea what i should upgrade next that would give me a damage boost ?
My Budget is around 8 Divine, if i should save some currency to get something in the 10 to 20 D range, i think i can farm for that.
Profile should be public.

Change Watcher Eye to Hatred damage, enchant Tranquility on boots or amulet.
And go to Sanctuary and make 100 div for 3-4 day)
Am I misremembering that the build used to Hillock the staves to 30% quality and Harvest craft the enchant for increased elemental damage per 2% quality? I don't see it in the guide or PoBs any more, and even Kelvynn isn't running that. Was this just something stupid that I used to do that didn't actually do what I thought it did?

Also, I see that Kelvynn's league character has given up the Doom Cast crit wheel for the Serpentine Spellslinger poison wheel. I'm not sure I fully understand how poison works, but this seems to work out to a 16.8% more damage multiplier, although spreading that bonus damage out over 2 seconds. (30% of Whispering Ice's per-hit spell damage * 1.12 poison DoT multiplier * 2 seconds of poison * 0.25 chance to poison per hit.) Is it really that much of a boost, or the Poison/SS wheel really just there for interacting with some other league mechanic in a way I'm not seeing, like maybe the Chaos explosion charms Kelvynn is running?

Oh, also, I’ve thrown a few hundred cheap reds at my gloves and still haven’t hit the Unnerve implicit. Ugh.
Last edited by Tithonia on Jan 8, 2024, 3:39:37 AM
i think it's only about def - mastery = poisoned can't crit
WTF %int synth rings are up to 60 div plus? Guess the 7 I paid for mine three weeks ago doesn't look so bad. I did also pick up a ridiculously cheap substitute for my second ring (10c!!) which per POB is only 0.4% less damage than a 7% synth ring!

PSA: 3 10% less mana reservation charms (which you can get for 100c each if you are patient) gives you more mana left than an enlighten 4 and doesn't take up a gem socket. Besides the enlighten 4's are around 50 div so... (with the extra mana buffer I have stopped dropping my discipline buff due to rare OOM instances.)

Last edited by Graiaule on Jan 8, 2024, 6:33:52 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
WTF %int synth rings are up to 60 div plus? Guess the 7 I paid for mine three weeks ago doesn't look so bad. I did also pick up a ridiculously cheap substitute for my second ring (10c!!) which per POB is only 0.4% less damage than a 7% synth ring!

PSA: 3 10% less mana reservation charms (which you can get for 100c each if you are patient) gives you more mana left than an enlighten 4 and doesn't take up a gem socket. Besides the enlighten 4's are around 50 div so... (with the extra mana buffer I have stopped dropping my discipline buff due to rare OOM instances.)

nice ring

market has gone completely off the charts this league making progression for some people pretty much impossible if you have a life outside of gaming
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
I just want to say thank you for this excellent guide. I tried this build a few times in the past and it's one of my favourite ones. Luckily I stuck to it this league and for the 1st time ever managed 40/40 and lvl 100. All in around 100d budget (which is not that much in this economy) and many aspects not minmaxed.

I know most people play charms but I stuck to Maji and in the setup with 2 chars I have with barkskin and double def from armor it is one tanky boi.
"
Tithonia wrote:
Am I misremembering that the build used to Hillock the staves to 30% quality and Harvest craft the enchant for increased elemental damage per 2% quality? I don't see it in the guide or PoBs any more, and even Kelvynn isn't running that. Was this just something stupid that I used to do that didn't actually do what I thought it did?

Also, I see that Kelvynn's league character has given up the Doom Cast crit wheel for the Serpentine Spellslinger poison wheel. I'm not sure I fully understand how poison works, but this seems to work out to a 16.8% more damage multiplier, although spreading that bonus damage out over 2 seconds. (30% of Whispering Ice's per-hit spell damage * 1.12 poison DoT multiplier * 2 seconds of poison * 0.25 chance to poison per hit.) Is it really that much of a boost, or the Poison/SS wheel really just there for interacting with some other league mechanic in a way I'm not seeing, like maybe the Chaos explosion charms Kelvynn is running?

Oh, also, I’ve thrown a few hundred cheap reds at my gloves and still haven’t hit the Unnerve implicit. Ugh.

The harvest craft is only 10-15% increased damage, and with how much increased damage you get from other sources it is very tiny amount. Better than 0, but not that much.

The poison wheel is to get the poison mastery. Enemies poisoned by you cannot deal critical strikes. The dangerous part of collecting loads of wisps is the increased crit chance and multiplier they give.
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

nice ring

market has gone completely off the charts this league making progression for some people pretty much impossible if you have a life outside of gaming

Admittedly, prices on a lot of farmable commodities is also off the charts (Essences, special maps, Maven Writs, Exarch/Eater invitations), which means there's a lot of income to be made on entry-level strategies. Invitation farming + Essences, for example, is great with this build and generates 10div/h even without any juice if you're efficient.

With that said, the economy is completely messed up. Some items are ridiculously priced because of inflation, like the synth rings or Forbidden jewels. 40-60div for mediocre pairs is absolutely bonkers. When we go back to regular farming next league, it's going to feel super bad having so little currency dropping. Next league might have super bad player retention.

Mageblood will not go back to old prices, because of the Valdo boxes, but it's still going to shoot up when it's not dropping like candy while mapping.
"
Tithonia wrote:

IIRC, it adds something like 1% more damage. Not worth the price and hassle. Try it in PoB.

"

Ouch. The odds of hitting that modifier are 4.28%.
"
Cjin wrote:
The poison wheel is to get the poison mastery. Enemies poisoned by you cannot deal critical strikes. The dangerous part of collecting loads of wisps is the increased crit chance and multiplier they give.

Oh, duh. I totally missed that the mastery was allocated. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info