[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
eekamousey wrote:

An additional tip from another WI player that I thought I'd share:
Kalandra's Touch at 33 divs is now cheaper than a new base ring if you already have one good %int ring.

This is insane. Last League, Kalandra's touch hovered around 50div at weeks 5-7 and ended up at 110div while the synth rings topped at 15div. This League, we're actually suggesting it as a budget option!
yep. the market is literally why i dropped out and will just go back to standard
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
eekamousey wrote:

An additional tip from another WI player that I thought I'd share:
Kalandra's Touch at 33 divs is now cheaper than a new base ring if you already have one good %int ring.

This is insane. Last League, Kalandra's touch hovered around 50div at weeks 5-7 and ended up at 110div while the synth rings topped at 15div. This League, we're actually suggesting it as a budget option!

I know right? Gosh it's insane with the inflation. Thanks for selling me the base ring at a discount earlier xD I wouldn't be able to afford one now lol
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/mkRYaeat6
+7% int represent less then 100 int overall, especially if you are not using Astraments, coz its 7% of your base int!

many times a two-stone ring with elemental resist implicits can help more then 7% int when farming with endritch altars that reduce the resists.

rings with some int and resists / high ES ring are way more important than a syntetised one.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
+7% int represent less then 100 int overall, especially if you are not using Astraments, coz its 7% of your base int!

many times a two-stone ring with elemental resist implicits can help more then 7% int when farming with endritch altars that reduce the resists.

rings with some int and resists / high ES ring are way more important than a syntetised one.

Umm... no? 100 Int is a VERY good upgrade. The difference between 2k Int (regular rings) and 2.2k Int (synth rings) is very tangible, especially when you try uber pinnacle bosses.

Maxing resist shouldn't really be a problem. Ignoring -res altar mods is not a problem either with appropriate flasks

and the overall tankiness of this build.

Even if the market is insane (like it is right now) there are still better alternatives to just using plain rings. Corrupted Le Heup, just random %Int corrupted rings, or 1 synth and 1 Kalandra.

In most leagues the synth bases would be ~10 div at this point, and farming 10 div would require a certain effort. In Affliction the prices are 3x as high because currency is about 3x easier to farm up. The market balances itself.
Affliction league 40/40 done! All by myself as usual.

I could have finished all challenges probably 2 weeks ago. But this league was so much fun that I didn't want to be done with it too quickly. Not to mention that I finally dropped a Mirror and could afford all the godly items I could think of.

This was definitely the most OP league ever. The Simplex amulet is insane. The new Primalist ascendancy plus the new jewel with random mods gave us the power and flexibility to add the Occultist explosions to the awesomeness of the Trickster. If this stuff is added to the core game, the Triccultist will be the next evolution of the build.
"
Verdale wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Where are you getting your frenzy charges from? Your lupine charm only gives on hit, and we never hit.

We do hit, and we hit a lot. Every icicle hitting is a hit. Not sure why you think we don't hit.

Sigh. I read the wiki for the first time, and now realize that attack and hit are not the same thing. Basically, I assumed that it was only spell damage that applied to us, and attacks/hits was not spell damage.

OK, thanks for the info. I have updated my mental model.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I could have finished all challenges probably 2 weeks ago. But this league was so much fun that I didn't want to be done with it too quickly. Not to mention that I finally dropped a Mirror and could afford all the godly items I could think of.

This was definitely the most OP league ever. The Simplex amulet is insane. The new Primalist ascendancy plus the new jewel with random mods gave us the power and flexibility to add the Occultist explosions to the awesomeness of the Trickster. If this stuff is added to the core game, the Triccultist will be the next evolution of the build.

Sweeet! I'm working my way through the challenges now (Some are a little grindy) but this build this league really is awesome and tanky while doing respectable damage (though we don't clear screens)

Thanks for all your input and guides since loooooong ago!
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Verdale wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Where are you getting your frenzy charges from? Your lupine charm only gives on hit, and we never hit.

We do hit, and we hit a lot. Every icicle hitting is a hit. Not sure why you think we don't hit.

Sigh. I read the wiki for the first time, and now realize that attack and hit are not the same thing. Basically, I assumed that it was only spell damage that applied to us, and attacks/hits was not spell damage.

OK, thanks for the info. I have updated my mental model.

To simplify, like 90% of the damage in this game is done through hits. The only exceptions are damage over times like chaos degens or ignite damage, although the way they are usually initially applied is done through a hit (ie. Essence Drain or Fireball). Vortex, which we used to use, is another such example, as only the initial placement caused a "hit" and the remaining damage was cold DoT which did not "hit".
Last edited by Verdale on Jan 9, 2024, 8:08:10 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Not sure if this was asked already, but I noticed you put Frostbite on your chest with Awakened Blasphemy. How is that working out? Is the range significant enough that off-screen namelocking doesn't cause problems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info