[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Crit notables you could look up :

Annihilation (15% multi, 50% chance) -- very cheap, Clear Clear Black
Arcane Potency (30% multi, 30% chance)
Doom Cast (15% multi, 60% chance)
Serpent Stance (30% multi, 40% chance, 5% to block attack if crit recently)

I'd say Arcane Potency is probably the best choice. Can't run it through PoB right now though.
Btw folks: do NOT sleep on Soul Thief + Evasion mastery.
At ~1500 int, it gives me around 13-14% more chance to evade attacks. Its insane. I am currently specced out of it because I need my split personality faster, but once I am 96-97, these nodes will come.
"
SGBye wrote:
Is it a problem if our cold damage cannot chill? Do we have some extra damage on chilled enemies in general?

I've got a pretty nice skill tree on a stuff, but the first passive is "Your cold damage cannot chill" :c

You don't chill with cold damage. Icestorm creates non-damaging chilling ground automatically. This tree is good.
"
RRRCADE wrote:
Flask 4 - 100% more crits.

Flask 5 - 40% more damage.

You are confusing Increased and MORE. Those are not MORE, sadly. We already have something like... 700% Increased damage. Using a Sulphur base is not really worth a flask slot, unless it's Bottled Faith.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Crit notables you could look up :

Annihilation (15% multi, 50% chance) -- very cheap, Clear Clear Black
Arcane Potency (30% multi, 30% chance)
Doom Cast (15% multi, 60% chance)
Serpent Stance (30% multi, 40% chance, 5% to block attack if crit recently)

I'd say Arcane Potency is probably the best choice. Can't run it through PoB right now though.

"
Honestly, whispers of doom is a very good option imho because we literally do not need any of the other 3 nodes. So a whispers of doom anoint is comparable to saving 2 or 3 nodes that takes travelling there, which easily pays for any of the alternative options.

thanks a lot guys ! i'll check later on POB and will keep you inform
Build updated

I made some adjustments based on my experience in 3.21 so far:

- Going crit too early while leveling isn't worth the skill points, especially if your staff is only 4S. Crit nodes are now taken at lv 60+

- Arcane Surge nerf hurts on mana, especially with a 6S staff. On the other hand, triggering low level AS is super easy. Going to keep Dreamer in the leveling/budget version. You should eventually be able to drop it when you have high enough Int and mana pool with good gear.

- We are always leeching max possible amount. Replaced Energy Leech with Increased Critical Damage in the boss staff. For map clearing, replaced Hypothermia with ICD and kept EL since it's more damage than Hypo.

- Frost Bomb is back in the CWDT - IC link. They definitely buffed the Life Regen mod on the rares. Cancelling it is very good.

- I haven't felt a need for Ghost Reaver (extra 14% leech) at all. If those OP league mobs 1-shot you, leech won't help with that. GGG is going to nerf that imbalanced crap regardless. For everything that doesn't 1-shot you, 39% leech without GR feels just fine. Getting away from the OP league mobs and recharging ES is nice QoL.

All PoB's updated.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 11, 2023, 1:12:54 PM
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I deal with enemies damaging my hp directly, like poison, corrupted blood and aoe dropped by certain mobs?

I am level 84 and still haven't switched to CI, since direct damage would mean an insta death, so I am forced to keep that extra hp. Is there a step that I am missing?
"
SickDiego wrote:
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I deal with enemies damaging my hp directly, like poison, corrupted blood and aoe dropped by certain mobs?

I am level 84 and still haven't switched to CI, since direct damage would mean an insta death, so I am forced to keep that extra hp. Is there a step that I am missing?

CI does prevent that damage from happening. That means you are immune to chaos and poison. Bleeding you must deal with, usually through flask mods or "Immune to corrupted blood" mod on jewels.
"
SickDiego wrote:

like Oldern said, Chaos Inoculation prevents all chaos damage, which is the only type of damage that naturally bypasses ES. As such, you should not die from HP damage if you still have ES. It's quite nice to be able to completely ignore chaos enemies/degens/green death balls!

Bleeding in my experience is not a problem at all. It doesn't bypass ES and we have so much leech that you barely notice it. The duration is also usually lower than the duration of overleech with the Trickster ascendancy. All in all, i usually ignore bleeding completely.

Corrupted blood is another story. It doesn't bypass ES, but can go straight through our leech with how potent it is at 10 stacks. The most elegant solution is a corrupted implicit on a jewel or a flask mod, like Oldern suggested, and is probably the only two ways you should try to fight it on your completed build. The jewel mods are a bit more costly, especially if you're running only unique jewels, but don't require you to activate anything, so are a bit better. Flask mods are super cheap, but you need to realize what's happening and hit the button to cleanse (or have enough charge gain on flask for them to always activate before you die).

If you do not want to run a flask mod or have the currency for a jewel implicit, there's an upgraded pantheon that both protects against bleeding and limits corrupted blood stacks to 5, which should be enough protection with all of our leech.
I see, thank you for your help!

Cheap jewel with the corrupted blood resist did the trick and CI does block all the damage I was having issues with. Would be nice if that info was somewhere in the game or at least I could find any info what type of damage was killing me in the first place. ( Thank god for the community, which is way more competent than devs! )

Now I have to deal with over 1k HP that I am missing, which brings me to another thing I don't understand about the build. The amount of ES on the body armor is strange. According to PoB data, armor alone provides over 4k ES. The armor has around 1500 evasion rating + 358 pure ES. How come it gives over 4200 ES ?

My armor has over 1900 evasion which generates just about 1300 ES. So my guess is, that 1500 evasion is somewhere around 1000 ES. So 1000 ES + 358 ES does not equal 4k ES. How does it work?

Should I look for an armor that has ES rather than more evasion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info