[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Major Update for 3.21

The build has been fully updated for 3.21, including PoB's and gearing guide.

- The return of instant leech lets us trade some defenses for damage. A LOT of damage.

- Dropped the following defenses: nodes that increased leech cap (including Ghost Reaver), Steelwood Stance, Aspect of the Spider, Spell Block, Elemental Proliferation.

- Replaced the nerfed Arcane Surge with Energy Leech in the staves. With instant leech + overleech, you should be at full ES most of the time. Arcane Surge is still needed for mana sustain, it's now in the Vortex - Bonechill link.

- Crits are IN. A few crit nodes, Crit Mastery, power charges, PCoC Support, Assassin's Mark, Ambush and Assassinate jewels.

- Hatred is now the 4th aura. No need for Enlighten 4 or lab enchanted helmet bases. Just anoint Charisma and take Sovereignty by lv 85.

- Cold exposure is a small bonus, coming in at lv 98. You can optionally keep using Frost Bomb or PWoC but its effect is pretty minor with the amount of resist penetration we have.

- Don't need a Crusader chest anymore. Any decent ES/Evasion one will do, with red/blue influenced mods.

- Don't need Megalomaniac anymore.

Overall, compared to 3.20, we are now doing about 2x the damage with about half of the budget.

THIS IS A BUFF

@Kelvynn thanks a lot for your updates!

I am a bit concerned that without Ambush and Assassinate we have 43% crit chance. Is it okay?

Seems like 2kk average hit is a bit of exaggeration in this scenario, no?
Last edited by SGBye on Apr 6, 2023, 6:38:43 AM
"
SGBye wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Major Update for 3.21

The build has been fully updated for 3.21, including PoB's and gearing guide.

- The return of instant leech lets us trade some defenses for damage. A LOT of damage.

- Dropped the following defenses: nodes that increased leech cap (including Ghost Reaver), Steelwood Stance, Aspect of the Spider, Spell Block, Elemental Proliferation.

- Replaced the nerfed Arcane Surge with Energy Leech in the staves. With instant leech + overleech, you should be at full ES most of the time. Arcane Surge is still needed for mana sustain, it's now in the Vortex - Bonechill link.

- Crits are IN. A few crit nodes, Crit Mastery, power charges, PCoC Support, Assassin's Mark, Ambush and Assassinate jewels.

- Hatred is now the 4th aura. No need for Enlighten 4 or lab enchanted helmet bases. Just anoint Charisma and take Sovereignty by lv 85.

- Cold exposure is a small bonus, coming in at lv 98. You can optionally keep using Frost Bomb or PWoC but its effect is pretty minor with the amount of resist penetration we have.

- Don't need a Crusader chest anymore. Any decent ES/Evasion one will do, with red/blue influenced mods.

- Don't need Megalomaniac anymore.

Overall, compared to 3.20, we are now doing about 2x the damage with about half of the budget.

THIS IS A BUFF

@Kelvynn thanks a lot for your updates!

I am a bit concerned that without Ambush and Assassinate we have 43% crit chance. Is it okay?

Seems like 2kk average hit is a bit of exaggeration in this scenario, no?

Damage is good without the forbidden jewels, somewhat like last league.
With them however, we are in another universe. Like Kelvyn said, the time where you need the damage is usually when bosses are usually below 50%.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 6, 2023, 10:38:07 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Firestrike9 -- the proof is indeed in the pudding, so to speak, but I do fondly remember the days of instant leech. Like whoa. Stroboscopic flickering of the energy shield ball!

However, that was 100% instant leech. 10% might feel a bit different. We will find out!

At the very worst, we will need to burn 1-3 affixes for +1 to minimum endurance charges...

I guess we wait and see how it behaves in real time. We can always grab ghostreaver anyway if the instant leech doesn't feel as good.
I think that ambush and assassinate for clear map, guardians and regular pinnacle bosses could be a great incraase in speed. But for Uber Pinnacle and maybe full deli or Flawless chayula / The feared both with More cold resist, things could be different because there are a long way from full life until low life. Tests must be done on live, to check the viability.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
I think that ambush and assassinate for clear map, guardians and regular pinnacle bosses could be a great incraase in speed. But for Uber Pinnacle and maybe full deli or Flawless chayula / The feared both with More cold resist, things could be different because there are a long way from full life until low life. Tests must be done on live, to check the viability.

I mean, I really want to make a bit more of a mapping setup with this build by using ur approach with HoI + supports. Enjoyable pops here and there are huge

Also a question: what do you guys prefer farming early in the league?

My choice is probably Catarina + blight maps, but not sure yet. Last league i tried metamorph and it sucked for me, no income at all :c
"
Noobzee wrote:
Is the Ascendant version of this build just DOA?

Is there any benefit to playing it vs the Trickster build?

Ascendant should be still playable with similar changes to the tree and gems. But why bother? It's just going to be inferior to the Trickster in everything except being immune to stun. And stuns are really not a big deal anymore.
"
SGBye wrote:
"
whiterockxx wrote:

I mean, I really want to make a bit more of a mapping setup with this build by using ur approach with HoI + supports. Enjoyable pops here and there are huge

My choice is probably Catarina + blight maps, but not sure yet. Last league i tried metamorph and it sucked for me, no income at all :c

I reckon essence is going to be more in demand than ever before, since this league seems to favour using rare weapons, bow buffs and what not, so I'm going essence and also I reckon harvest could be quite profitable, but more like, slow and steady, not a huge payoff straight away.
Q:
Do uniques that are commonly used for a purpose that doesn't match their base type (eg a caster themed unique such as The Whispering Ice, which has a Warstaff base) have special weightings for Crucible passive trees?

A:
We have tagged uniques as being caster themed or minion themed. So things like Cospri's Malice or Whispering Ice can roll caster skills or things like Chober Chaber or United in Dream can roll minion skills
Last edited by archwerewolf on Apr 6, 2023, 11:59:03 AM
"
Vahkerr wrote:
The end tree Kelvynn posted for 3.21 is almost exactly the same pathing as the crit variant that I ran in sanctum

Your tree was basically the main version's tree with small additions. It made me realize that we don't need to take every crit node out there. A small investment was enough. Thank you for that!
"
The mark cluster is high on that list

I've looked at that. It's an interesting idea. The cluster itself is worthless but the mastery node basically gives you free Frenzy charges. That's 16% MORE damage. Problem is, we are already starving on skill points. Dropping something else results in a much smaller gain.

I'll ponder on it some more.

"
For assassin's mark specifically, I didn't end up using it that much last league because I had less elemental penetration in the set up I eventually settled on and elemental weakness or punishment gave me better numbers as a second curse to frostbite with a bit more convenience because I could apply them both with hextouch/vortex, which is the route I used (vs CWDT).

I'm also considering a different approach to curses, since they are mostly for the bosses now, and Vortex will need to be casted regularly for Arcane Surge/mana reasons. But it'll need some experimentation.

"
Notably, in the updated tree that Kelvynn posted, if you drop assassin's mark from the hextouch/CDWT setup he posted, you now only are using 4 sockets in your chest, so you could easily just leave that 4 link CDWT setup for punishment and have the other 2 sockets separately linked with assassin's mark and mark on hit.

What attack would you use to trigger Mark on Hit? Swapping to Cyclone just to apply it seems like a waste of time. Not to mention the reduced effect mod. Just cast it manually!
"
SGBye wrote:

First i do essences and expedition, then farm only gardian maps and invitations for awhile, then the feared.

And boss kill services all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info