[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
yissus wrote:
Im looking for a tanky build to reach level 100. How tanky is this build? Can deal with all the nosense oneshots that this game has?

I don't know if there is any build that can facetank all possible one-shots from the uber pinnacle bosses, if that's what you mean. Such a build wouldn't last very long before getting nerfed, would it?

Other than that, this build pretty much immortal in mapping (once properly geared) and can do all uber bosses with a reasonable amount of one-shot dodging. There are videos for all of them in guide.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 5, 2023, 9:48:15 PM
@Kelvynn am i missing something, why have we checked "Boss is low life" on the POB configuration? Low life is normally 35% so what about the other 65% :)

NOTE: without low life it's 1 million boss dmg with low life set it's approx 2 mill.
"
gruumine wrote:
@Kelvynn am i missing something, why have we checked "Boss is low life" on the POB configuration? Low life is normally 35% so what about the other 65% :)

NOTE: without low life it's 1 million boss dmg with low life set it's approx 2 mill.

Low Life is now 50%, it was changed a couple of leagues ago. There is sadly no PoB option for an Average mode on that, like there is for some other config settings.

I have it checked because it matters a lot on uber pinnacle bosses: Sirus, Maven, Shaper, Uber Elder - they all become more dangerous in their final phases. That's when you want to finish them off ASAP and Punishment kicks in.
"
santjohn wrote:
@whiterockxx
how are you doing? Did you change something in your final version?

the core tree is the same, but i change some nodes, add one or 2 cttc+bs large cluster and the split personality, last 2 days i had no time to work with pob, tomorrow late night i should heve the final version done!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 5, 2023, 10:38:52 PM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
the core tree is the same, but i change some nodes, add one or 2 cttc+bs large cluster and the split personality, last 2 days i had no time to work with pob, tomorrow late night i should heve the final version done!

cool!
"
santjohn wrote:
"
Vahkerr wrote:
You can automate Assassin's mark to an extent with mark on hit support, but that requires an additional gem slot. You also need to apply it with an attack in this method, so that means you swap to cyclone to a brief moment on bosses to apply the curse. This also means you'll apply it automatically when mapping.
This is what Whiterock does in his crit variant, which doesn't use CWDT (your other curse in his set up is applied via vortex).

It's also not really a big issue to apply it via manual cast in my experience, as you generally just need to do so once, as it's a persistent curse.

Have you looked at the Kelvynn tree yet?
Is your tree different?
are you using those marks and power charge cluster clusters in your version?

The end tree Kelvynn posted for 3.21 is almost exactly the same pathing as the crit variant that I ran in sanctum, very minute deviations and changes to the tree etc, notwithstanding. So personally, I would endorse what he suggests in the updates via that experience alone. As always, he does a great job laying out a clear path and explaining why things he's making the choices he does in the tree, and how gearing and mechanics work.

I will absolutely experiment with some things when I get to the point of being able to, mostly because it's just one of the things I always enjoy about a build, and it's fun to mess around with PoB when I get some intermittent down time sitting in front of the computer on the days I work from home. The mark cluster is high on that list, but honestly most anything you'd want to try is going to be reasonably close to somewhere you're pathing anyway. One of the things I really appreciate most about this build is the versatility it gives you to try things out, because it's foundation is so strong. You can drop something and try something new without much risk.

I think something that makes me even more excited to experiment this league is the possibility of encountering something with interesting possibilities on the crucible tree.

For assassin's mark specifically, I didn't end up using it that much last league because I had less elemental penetration in the set up I eventually settled on and elemental weakness or punishment gave me better numbers as a second curse to frostbite with a bit more convenience because I could apply them both with hextouch/vortex, which is the route I used (vs CWDT). I did apply mark as described above for a stretch though when I was hewing a bit closer to Whiterock's version, and have used it both as mark on hit and as a second curse manual cast on different builds in the past.

Notably, in the updated tree that Kelvynn posted, if you drop assassin's mark from the hextouch/CDWT setup he posted, you now only are using 4 sockets in your chest, so you could easily just leave that 4 link CDWT setup for punishment and have the other 2 sockets separately linked with assassin's mark and mark on hit.
Last edited by Vahkerr on Apr 5, 2023, 11:12:34 PM
@Vahkerr
Just a note.. as i realized in my the last league, assassins mark + mark on hit is bad.... arcanist brand do a much better result, or just selfcast. Arcanist brand can be linked to cwdt i think, like ball lightning, bet dont know if is effective on bosses!
@whiteroxx
arcanist brand in the staff was the only way i could do sanctum til the end. it works perfect for me.

As i cant play at the easter weekend i am verry exicted to see what you all do in the first 2 days :-)

Its so funny that there is a lot of experimenting with this build, also i play mostly kelvynns version, as it is the most easyly to play.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Apr 6, 2023, 4:17:11 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Major Update for 3.21

The build has been fully updated for 3.21, including PoB's and gearing guide.

- The return of instant leech lets us trade some defenses for damage. A LOT of damage.

- Dropped the following defenses: nodes that increased leech cap (including Ghost Reaver), Steelwood Stance, Aspect of the Spider, Spell Block, Elemental Proliferation.

- Replaced the nerfed Arcane Surge with Energy Leech in the staves. With instant leech + overleech, you should be at full ES most of the time. Arcane Surge is still needed for mana sustain, it's now in the Vortex - Bonechill link.

- Crits are IN. A few crit nodes, Crit Mastery, power charges, PCoC Support, Assassin's Mark, Ambush and Assassinate jewels.

- Hatred is now the 4th aura. No need for Enlighten 4 or lab enchanted helmet bases. Just anoint Charisma and take Sovereignty by lv 85.

- Cold exposure is a small bonus, coming in at lv 98. You can optionally keep using Frost Bomb or PWoC but its effect is pretty minor with the amount of resist penetration we have.

- Don't need a Crusader chest anymore. Any decent ES/Evasion one will do, with red/blue influenced mods.

- Don't need Megalomaniac anymore.

Overall, compared to 3.20, we are now doing about 2x the damage with about half of the budget.

THIS IS A BUFF

As always I trust your judgement but wont dropping so much spell block affect our tankyness? is the instant leech really that good that we give up on all max leech nodes + ghost reaver? Why do we need es recharge when we have overleech, wont it be better to have the double maximum leech from ghost reaver for bosses that move a lot?
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 6, 2023, 5:33:35 AM
@Firestrike9 -- the proof is indeed in the pudding, so to speak, but I do fondly remember the days of instant leech. Like whoa. Stroboscopic flickering of the energy shield ball!

However, that was 100% instant leech. 10% might feel a bit different. We will find out!

At the very worst, we will need to burn 1-3 affixes for +1 to minimum endurance charges...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info