[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
JesusSwagYolo wrote:
how do you automate the assassin's mark, since it doesnt work with hextouch?

It's the Ball Lightning & Hextouch that casts the Mark.

Yes, yes, back to the book. Excellent progress, though one of the authors made some last minute changes and forgot to tell me about them, so the master copy went out of sync.
Last edited by Graiaule on Apr 5, 2023, 7:25:58 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
JesusSwagYolo wrote:

Yes, yes, back to the book. Excellent progress, though one of the authors made some last minute changes and forgot to tell me about them, so the master copy went out of sync.

Mark is not a hex, so ball lightning can't cast it with hextouch. I imagine its a self cast on bosses.
Last edited by zyrenthelichlord on Apr 5, 2023, 7:32:22 PM
"
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
JesusSwagYolo wrote:

Mark is not a hex, so ball lightning can't cast it with hextouch. I imagine its a self cast on bosses.

fortunately we just have to cast it once per boss. it never goes away even when boss goes to phase. Everything you will never need to about marks and curses: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Mark
Last edited by gruumine on Apr 5, 2023, 8:27:42 PM
Ah, hextouch requires a HEX curse, not just a curse. Curse you GGG for adding that word.

That means we only need a 4L armor (cwdt/ball light/hextouch/punishment)! And a 5L min/max if we get +1 curse somewhere -- though you'd probably go to Mark the Prey on the passive tree instead in that case (removing Whispers of Doom.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Apr 5, 2023, 8:23:32 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
Ah, hextouch requires a HEX curse, not just a curse. Curse you GGG for adding that word.

That means we only need a 4L armor (cwdt/ball light/hextouch/punishment)! And a 5L min/max if we get +1 curse somewhere -- though you'd probably go to Mark the Prey on the passive tree instead in that case (removing Whispers of Doom.)

we get +1 from the passive tree.

sorry i misread your comment, yeah, you are right we only need 4L on chest. and 5L if we find another +1 on top of the passive tree +1 we got. so passive tree +1 is for the mark that we will manually apply to the bosses only (at the start of the boss fight).
Last edited by gruumine on Apr 5, 2023, 8:31:41 PM
You can automate Assassin's mark to an extent with mark on hit support, but that requires an additional gem slot. You also need to apply it with an attack in this method, so that means you swap to cyclone to a brief moment on bosses to apply the curse. This also means you'll apply it automatically when mapping.
This is what Whiterock does in his crit variant, which doesn't use CWDT (your other curse in his set up is applied via vortex).

It's also not really a big issue to apply it via manual cast in my experience, as you generally just need to do so once, as it's a persistent curse.

"
Vahkerr wrote:
You can automate Assassin's mark to an extent with mark on hit support, but that requires an additional gem slot. You also need to apply it with an attack in this method, so that means you swap to cyclone to a brief moment on bosses to apply the curse. This also means you'll apply it automatically when mapping.
This is what Whiterock does in his crit variant, which doesn't use CWDT (your other curse in his set up is applied via vortex).

It's also not really a big issue to apply it via manual cast in my experience, as you generally just need to do so once, as it's a persistent curse.

Have you looked at the Kelvynn tree yet?
Is your tree different?
are you using those marks and power charge cluster clusters in your version?
Im looking for a tanky build to reach level 100. How tanky is this build? Can deal with all the nosense oneshots that this game has?
"
yissus wrote:
Im looking for a tanky build to reach level 100. How tanky is this build? Can deal with all the nosense oneshots that this game has?

WI can do anything you can imagine.. (well, maybe except for 1k+ delve) This build is very reliable, probably the most reliable I've ever played.

Not without cons, but it's definitely a military (i dont give a F*ck) truck that will take you wherever you say.
"
JesusSwagYolo wrote:

Oh that's a bummer! I totally forgot that they separated Marks and Hexes.

I'll put Frostbite back as the main curse. Assassin's Mark will be a swap option for the pinnacle bosses. The extra 13% damage it does only matters there anyway.

You swap it in for Frostbite and cast it manually on the boss. The hextouch link will auto-cast just Punishment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info