[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

@Graiaule

About the respec points:
If you take a close look at any of my test charactes name "atest_" passive and the tree that i shared yesterday as low budget, you'll notice that both are almost the same, just need the quest respec points to fix any wrong point.

About currency:
From A1 to A10, as I said before, i dont expend nothing.. I go like SSF and the most important, do it under 5 hours. Before kill A10 kitava i do the merciless lab and 1 or 2 hours of heist, doing unid chaos recipes as collecting currency..
this alone leave me with 3-5 divs(5 hours after the launch the div cost about 40c each!) and a bunch of alcs, scours and orb of chances or even more depending on unic itens dropped during this time.

About expending currency on atlas progression and lvling:
To progress on the atlas all the currency you'll need came from heist.
1st, all maps you'll need until t16 kirac provide. Each lvl you up refresh the kirac maps that you can buy with orb of chance and alcs. And you buy only if you didn't droped any to progress. Use kirac missions to to increase your map pool! Aways sell completed maps that you drop for alchs, chances or even chaos!
This is the reason why i keep saying to not waste time dating the trade forum... You must sell things.
WI is slow, thats why i dont use at beginning...
24h after the start if you had a 6h rest you sould be able to do at last 10 divs easily. Nice items will only appear in the middle of day 2 (saturday afternoon) until there you can have 15 divs or more.
Each voidstone boss service last league was 30/50C, a divine is about 100C on day 2...

If you are not able to do it, its becase you take too long to finish the acts, the builds are slow, you are not being effient on map progression or you losing too much time with unnecessary things like trade site..

Do unid bad bases chaos recipe 2c, aways! Each scream essence is 1-2c

Be fast on maps use the filter, awakened poe trade, a dump quad stash tab, and you see that your wealth will growth!

Speed and efficiency are the key for a good or bad league start.
Think that PoE league start is like a Motor race, every time you pitstop, you get behind. And the 1st weekend is the most important! Do the most to not waste this oportunity, because after or you are boxed in the middle of the crowd or you ahead with the free road ahead.

Just fix the resists and buy weapons to make you more efficient if you are dying or taking too long to kill bosses... from my personal experience, 700 int and a 5s WI and 2 ok wands/mace/dagger are enought to clear a T16 map. Use wands to clear the map and the WI to do the boss/essences. (This work only for crit version)

We play WI... awesome boss killer, great part of my early currency come from services early on.

I play WI for a long time, each league i take notes and look where i can improve for the next.

Sanctum league, even i started a bad build and switched to WI at day 3 and have few time to play due work/family issues, I was able to do all content (Ubers and all) at day 6. At the end of week 2, if I'm not wrong, I alerdy had all items that i used until the end of league.
@whiterockxx

Youre totaly right. But the first time i made what you describe i dont play the league longer then 1 month. I was burnt out and had no fun.
Since i dont have time at the easter weekend, as we are not at home i look at week one what happend and make it slow and with fun.
I played this league most of the days 2 hr and only pinacle challenge shaper i bought. I dont do sanctum as i dont know how. Only st john gave me the essential hint to have fun in sanctum. And i played only sanctum and had fun til now, the last day of the league.

If i am as effective as you describe, i have no fun. But youre right. If you play til 40 challenges and leave, then youre method is the best one can do.
I wrote a long post about all these crazy starting races... but I deleted it...

The philosophy of masochism...

This is a very diverse game, you need to be able to have fun. As soon as you get involved in these efficiency races, you lose a lot of the opportunity to play as you like. Because the way you like it is most likely not effective.

But playing as I like, I still calmly made 200 devines. Which is 130 devines more, than this whole fu*king build costs. it's very simple it's an -EXPEDITION (you'r welcome)The Secret of the Polichinel...

And it is unnecessary to catch panic attacks and compete with "Effective players"
it's a video game, keep it simple, for God's sake, guys.
Last edited by santjohn on Apr 4, 2023, 12:49:29 PM
"
ragebarr wrote:
Is there specific reason why you're taking Dreamer instead of Deep thoughts? Pathing to Deep Thoughts gives 30 int for the same amount of points spent, and we only lose Mana Regen/Reduced Mana Costs which can be covered with a lvl 1 Arcane Surge.

I think keeping Enigmatic Defense, and removing Nimbleness instead is also very slightly more damage and a bit more defense.

Dreamer is mostly for mana reasons, to be on the safe side. Arcane Surge is still not updated in PoB. Dreamer also reduces the cost of CWDT - IC which could be a problem in some events.

I'm waiting for a more accurate version of PoB for the small optimizations such as these.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Dreamer is mostly for mana reasons, to be on the safe side. Arcane Surge is still not updated in PoB. Dreamer also reduces the cost of CWDT - IC which could be a problem in some events.

I'm waiting for a more accurate version of PoB for the small optimizations such as these.

Makes sense! Thanks for the answer!
whiterockxx plays the game way above the average and it takes a lot of practice to get to that level. I am very excited to see a player at this level using WI int stacking as main.
People play the game at their own pace and can still have fun with this build. Howeer, if your goal is to min-max endgame, whiterockxx is definitely right. A good league start has much more advantage as those endgame items become crazy expensive later on. You will need to spend much more time farming currency.

Too bad I have a friend coming over to visit me this weekend...Still, I'll try play as much as I can.
You guys are right, if you play aimming for efficiency for a long time you get burnt.
I usualy play like this only on the first weekend. So i can get a relaxed gameplay the rest of the league.
The first days is all i have, after that work and wife overwelm almost all my spare time, since I'm owner of a small business and my wife revoke my game pass 😅
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 4, 2023, 4:58:43 PM
I wanna try this as a semi leaguestart, going cold dot trickster and transit once I hit yello maps (or some jackpot currency earlier), which PoB would be most up to date? or maybe its still being developed?
"
Cedvin wrote:
I wanna try this as a semi leaguestart, going cold dot trickster and transit once I hit yello maps (or some jackpot currency earlier), which PoB would be most up to date? or maybe its still being developed?

https://pobb.in/UoC-JctLLBZ-

This is likely what I will be using. It's kind of similar to the original crit tree from whiterockxx but you will need a good 30-40 regrets to get this one back on track when ready to transition (you get 20 from the story though, so it's not actually that scary). I have no plans to go WI before at least having Stampede and some jewellery ready to go so I heavily invest into the Cold DoT side of things. If you do look at this as an option, make sure you do not go MoM/EB too early or you will have a bad day.

The stuff in the middle of the Witch area (Heart and Soul, Practical App and the "X" Walker nodes) are not strictly needed, but I find the resistances useful on a league start as it relieves some resist pressure. If you decide not to use those you can save 10 respec's.

An alternative too, if you don't like Creeping Frost and don't mind brand skills is grabbing Brand Equity to the left of Cruel Prep and using the "Brands Attach to a new enemy every time they activate" mastery. This turns Wintertide Brand into an excellent clearing skill.

I dont have this broken down into steps because I have practised this out numerous times so I know the order of the points, so the rough progression would be;

Head from Shadow start to Elemental Focus, using Spark + Pierce (if it feels ok with the slower projectiles and 1 less spark) otherwise using probably Fire Trap.
Once that is done, head straight up and left to Practical Application. This gets you some resists about the time of Vaal Temple in Act 2. Then head across the top nodes for Heart and Soul and then snag all the Walker nodes for the resists and to help Fire Trap/Spark.
From there head over to Snowforged, through Written in Blood and to Season of Ice. This will be around when you switch to Cold DoT.
From there its kind of a play it by ear thing - if feeling squishy I will grab Blood Siphon and head over to Cruel Prep. If feeling ok I will take Nimbleness and Arcane Expanse.
Then its the long trek over to the left for Purity of Flesh, all the reservation nodes (and the mana mastery for res). Then fill in the rest as needed.

EDIT: The new tree's from Kelvynn actually bring this build closer to the budget and endgame tree's, lowering the total respec's to a lot more respectable value - like around 20 depending on when you actually switch. Can pretty much just cover it with the story granted respec's and maybe a handful you find during the campaign. Going through the middle of the Witch area for resists while levelling is well worth it now with the new pathing in the WI tree.
Last edited by Darkscis on Apr 5, 2023, 6:53:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info