[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
daflipp wrote:

How did that quick and fun way help in reaching lvl 100?

read all my posts on the last two pages and you know the answer.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Jasmira wrote:
If I may throw in one more question: Why elemental prolif? Is it SO important to spread freeze? It looks like if with 9k+ ES and leech + evade +block the build should do fine on maps?
Would it not be better to put another DPS booster in for clear speed? Some rares can be very painful without penetration support, for example.

(side note, there's also cluser notable to spread freeze)

It's not just the spread, it's also the 20% chance to freeze and 20% increased ailment duration. Remember : cold damage will not naturally freeze. You need something that gives that chance.

Hypothermia also loses some effectiveness.

Hmm I don't get it. There are multiple other freeze sources like curse amd hypothermia already, that should be more than enough.
Strange.

Anyway, got the 'budget' gear now which cost me over 8 div total. Might be a good idea to add another actual budget build to PoB when author has time :)
"
Jasmira wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Jasmira wrote:
If I may throw in one more question: Why elemental prolif? Is it SO important to spread freeze? It looks like if with 9k+ ES and leech + evade +block the build should do fine on maps?
Would it not be better to put another DPS booster in for clear speed? Some rares can be very painful without penetration support, for example.

It's not just the spread, it's also the 20% chance to freeze and 20% increased ailment duration. Remember : cold damage will not naturally freeze. You need something that gives that chance.

Hmm I don't get it. There are multiple other freeze sources like curse amd hypothermia already, that should be more than enough.
Strange.

Anyway, got the 'budget' gear now which cost me over 8 div total. Might be a good idea to add another actual budget build to PoB when author has time :)

8div is actually normal for a budget build at this point in the league. I paid less than 3div for my budget version at the start of the league and i'm now close to 100div investment ( most of it being the amulet and oriath's end ). I have 15,5k energy shield and ~25-30mil boss dps
"
Jasmira wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Jasmira wrote:

Strange.

Less than 8div? That's not budget, that's a leveling version. Even if you're doing half a div an hour, that's only 16 hours of playtime. You just work your way towards a first baseline. There's no use in doing a version with a couple of pieces missing.
"
Jasmira wrote:

Spread the freeze most of time help when you have low survivability on crowded situations, simulacruns etc. If you have enought damage and dont die on maps, you can use something that do more damage instead.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 11, 2023, 7:35:36 PM
"
milkytwix wrote:
Yeah for sure, I don't know what one shot means...

Some people are strange in the internetz.
Anyway, is there a written guide on the crit variant? Because I am one of those 14k ore less 80 capped res people who invested like 50 div into the build, and i like to experiment even more, because it's fun.
Will go for 5-ways and chayula rotations I guess, cause the grind ain't fun - I wanna be fast and not careful.

No guide, sry.
But follow a PoB that I made from my league start..2 trees, one endgame with all jewels, and one early state with no jewels but 90+ crit chance.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/VgSGqVnW

I hope it help

ps.: The +1 min endurance charges on jewlery and the cwdt+inc duration+immortal call are the key to never die on maps, even with low ES! For simulacrum swap the power carge on crit or energy leech with Devergent Elemental Prolif on CwC staff than you do all waved until 30 easely. And pay attention on gem levels/quality/alt type. Its all set for best results damage wise or better effect.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 12, 2023, 12:59:26 AM
I tried whiterockxx's crit build and can say that it does do more damage, but it does depend on having +3 min endurance charges and a proper helm enchant (zealotry or PoE), so it's somewhat difficult to gear.

Without the endurance charges, I was tissue paper, so they are really not optional.
"
Graiaule wrote:

Without the endurance charges, I was tissue paper, so they are really not optional.

To mitigate physical damage its possible to run determination over zealotry or purity of elements. If exange purity you need to use a kira's determination flask for ailment immunity. If over zealotry, need a diamond flask with inc crit during flask.

If have no helm enchant, you can run a small cluster jewel that has 50% increased reservation efficacy for determination or zealotry over the Emperor's Wit

I think that is possible to run zealotry+PoE+Discipline+Clarity+Determination combining helm+small cluster+mastery and enlighten 3, but do ~15% Less damage, need to try it on PoB.
Edit: Working out some things. Will re-post after getting them sorted.
Last edited by Vahkerr on Feb 15, 2023, 1:24:12 AM
@Vahkerr
You tailored a nice variant. As soon as I have some time I'll take a look carrefully on your PoB.
I made that crit variant to be cheap and easy to roll on the beginning of the league, beacause no jewels are required! I'll look into on your PoB for some ideas to make even faster cheaper and stronger. Thank you for sharing your ideas!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 12, 2023, 11:53:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info