[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Ok, I checked the high-end version in PoB, looks manageable in terms of currency and much better DPS of course. That might work.

Any tips which are the biggest DPS increases for given currency investment? In other words, what should be my first major upgrades? Yes, I could check each gear slot or jewel 50 times in PoB to find out myself... help me here, OK? :)
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:
1-shot with this build?

Do people even know what 1-shot means?

Try to do maps with Exarch influence and grab all IIQ pillars, reach -30 fire resist and take a meteor when use a flask.... You'll understand what 1-shot looks like.

That's a bit niche, don't you think? You'd need to get a -60 fire res altar, plus a curse right at the wrong time (I don't think two -fire res can spawn), plus be barely capped, plus get a meteor altar, plus click all of them.

Getting one-shot on 15k ES with block and evasion is the realm of Ubers.
"
Jasmira wrote:
Ok, I checked the high-end version in PoB, looks manageable in terms of currency and much better DPS of course. That might work.

Any tips which are the biggest DPS increases for given currency investment? In other words, what should be my first major upgrades? Yes, I could check each gear slot or jewel 50 times in PoB to find out myself... help me here, OK? :)

Astramentis, Split Personality jewels and Clusters come to mind. After that, buy the special skill gems. When you got a bit more budget, Body Armour and Helmet with +% int are big boosts.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:
1-shot with this build?

Try to do maps with Exarch influence and grab all IIQ pillars, reach -30 fire resist and take a meteor when use a flask.... You'll understand what 1-shot looks like.

That's a bit niche, don't you think? You'd need to get a -60 fire res altar, plus a curse right at the wrong time (I don't think two -fire res can spawn), plus be barely capped, plus get a meteor altar, plus click all of them.

Getting one-shot on 15k ES with block and evasion is the realm of Ubers.

If you run maps eficiently like I do(1 map every 3 minutes max), you probably will face this situation many times a day. With the regular variant, you probaly take 8-12 minutes per map for sure(on hour to do 4 guardian maps!), so you really dont met this condition so often. Not because its hard to find, but because the build is slow(my opinion, and its not a bad thing). If want you character to have 130+ uncapped rez there are 2 possibilities:
1 - You have low damage and possible low ES but high res and a mid budget character;
2 - You have high res, mid dps and mid ES(-14K or less) but have a 60+ div count on gear(few players can achieve this).

To not die by one-shots the price is high!

The point is that you have to choose how you like to play the game... This is what matter. Some players like to be fast and dont mind if die eventually, some players like to be immortal and dont care to be fast, some players like to be boss killer, other like to just run maps and some want to do all content (here is where things become expensive).

If you want to be immortal and have high damage output, just look the top guy of poe.ninja by DPS... that character must be set over 1-3 mirros easily. There are several videos of this guy on youtube, and is really impressive!

I'm the second on poe.ninja and I probably expended about 40-50 div crafting and buying all my gear and gems.I do any kind of map with high IIQ(reflect, no regen, ele weak, less res) any uber pinnacle and feared with most nasty mods.I die, for sure, not on maps, just on uber pinnacle bosses but never miss a uber pinnacle boss or a invitation!

The Third is an occultist 21k ES for sure immortal but gear must be around 150+ div.

Kelvynn must be 4th or 5th in dps with a gear cost around 100+ div (40div just on amulet) on high-budget block version.

And after the 5th you find characters with regular block build on mid/low budget.

There are many ways to play this build, this is one if the reasons why i play with it for a long time. This can be fun with any kind of playstyle you want.

The top 5 characters this season on Poe Ninja are all different setups, just need to choose what your budget and playstyle then follow it.

Be sure to enjoy the character. This is the point.
If I may throw in one more question: Why elemental prolif? Is it SO important to spread freeze? It looks like if with 9k+ ES and leech + evade +block the build should do fine on maps?
Would it not be better to put another DPS booster in for clear speed? Some rares can be very painful without penetration support, for example.

(side note, there's also cluser notable to spread freeze)
Last edited by Jasmira on Feb 11, 2023, 4:14:52 AM
Yeah for sure, I don't know what one shot means...

Some people are strange in the internetz.
Anyway, is there a written guide on the crit variant? Because I am one of those 14k ore less 80 capped res people who invested like 50 div into the build, and i like to experiment even more, because it's fun.
Will go for 5-ways and chayula rotations I guess, cause the grind ain't fun - I wanna be fast and not careful.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:
1-shot with this build?

Serious question.
Why would I do that if I want to reach lvl 100?

Because its quick and fun and works most of the time - did it that way from 97 to 99. Yeah, but I don't know what one-shotting means...

Dude srsly?
"
milkytwix wrote:
Because its quick and fun and works most of the time - did it that way from 97 to 99. Yeah, but I don't know what one-shotting means...

Dude srsly?

How did that quick and fun way help in reaching lvl 100?
"
Jasmira wrote:
If I may throw in one more question: Why elemental prolif? Is it SO important to spread freeze? It looks like if with 9k+ ES and leech + evade +block the build should do fine on maps?
Would it not be better to put another DPS booster in for clear speed? Some rares can be very painful without penetration support, for example.

(side note, there's also cluser notable to spread freeze)

It's not just the spread, it's also the 20% chance to freeze and 20% increased ailment duration. Remember : cold damage will not naturally freeze. You need something that gives that chance.

Hypothermia also loses some effectiveness.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Feb 11, 2023, 8:42:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info