Game Mechanics Q&A

"
Kagari wrote:
Why are map tabs still bricked in standard?
Why can't we see anything during fights making our actions irrelevant ?
Why are we constantly under some snare/slow/vine/degen effects ?
Why is archnemesis still in he game ?
Why can't you realise your vision of trading stopped being a thing the moment the game became popular ?

1. This is a bug, not a question on game mechanics
2. This is a question on game design and a complaint, not a question on game mechanics
3. This is an overexaggerated question on game design, not a question on game mechanics
4. This is a question on game design, not a question on game mechanics.
5. This is a complaint, not a question on game mechanics.
Last edited by GrimzEcho on Jun 2, 2022, 7:21:44 PM
Can the shock walkers that appear on death from some mods get some sort of visual screen effect or be removed? Too many times there is too much clutter on the screen where the slow walking shock clones just pile up without me noticing.
"
I_Beast_I wrote:
Can the shock walkers that appear on death from some mods get some sort of visual screen effect or be removed? Too many times there is too much clutter on the screen where the slow walking shock clones just pile up without me noticing.

This is a question on game design, not a question about game mechanics.
How exactly poison scaling works?
1) Does physical damage need to be converted to chaos for better poison damage?
2) What interaction between poison duration and faster damaging with ailments. Poison duration needs to be as long as possible or it need to be as fast as possible (just like bleed)
I played poe for years and I still don't know how faster ailment and poison duration works together.
3) Scaling initial hit is better for poison or it needs more hits with lesser damage?
4) Why poison avoid map mod cannot be bypassed by increasing chance to poison over 100% and why there is no notable/keystone/unique stuff to help bleed/poison/impale to help mitigate this type of mods.

Thanks for reply
How does Reaper minion decide which of your other minions it will eat when it decide that it's hungry? Is it random or is there a priority of some kind?
Can it eat phantasm minions?
I tried to find out, but all I could tell is that whether or not I have phantasms on, my other minions will disappear one by one with about the same frequency.
Also, are phantasm from summon phantasm support affected by other support gems?
I've been running cwdt -frost wall - spell cascade this league as a defence layer and it seems like some monsters/projectiles get through it/ignore it and some don't. I realize you can't list literally everything that does and doesn't pass frost wall but, do you have any general rules of thumb for it
Do all splitting projectiles from sniper's mark come back and hit the original target when using a returning projectile skill like spectral throw or only a few? Does adding more splits/mark effect increase single target dmg?
Have you considered having items/skills that convert outside of the normal order? E.g. converting Chaos dmg to Lightning?

Obviously this raises questions of how to handle further conversions but it could be interesting to play with.
Looking at some of these questions really makes it clear that a clean up pass needs to be made to make some of the language clearer, hopefully before POE 2. I love the game, but I'd never recommend it to someone because there are to many mechanics working with and against each other right now. Also why do blight towers stop working if you get to far away? Makes some blight maps feel terrible.
Last edited by PatchWorkCat on Jun 2, 2022, 8:03:22 PM
"
TBNyel wrote:
How does the map conversion on Standard works? And when will you improve the map conversion system? I got a lot of "map tab is full" (while trying to convert from 3.17 to 3.18) when only 3 maps from current tier are full, and the remaining tabs from current tier are empty...

PLEASE answer this.
It’s been a major issue in Standard for years, and we really need some clarity and insight into this.

Game mechanic question:
Why do low tier maps drop from “other” content, such as Metamorphs, betrayal, Delve, Kirac missions etc.
a fully completed atlas player, running any content should not be receiving low tier maps, when they only want T16.

Has this been considered to be changed? And if not, why not?
Last edited by IrishRoyal on Jun 2, 2022, 7:33:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info