Fixing Path of Exile's Mangled Text Bug

Well done!
Awesome post!!!

Love seeing more technical and behind-the-scene stories.

But don't leave us hanging! What fix did you decide on?
HH说修复了吗
interesting read

great job Ben!
Nice find, and thanks for the writeup!

But please don't use make_pair inside emplace, that defies the purpose of emplacement functions ;)
Pretty neat - how about gems level clicking in the wrong order? Passive tree opening in the wrong spot? Like-pickup not being a thing?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
So what we've learned today folks? When you see a bug is in "currently investigating" stage it actually means "we don't do anything".

Through all the years I've seen quite a bit of suggestions from players "where" you should look for the issue. You ignored all the stuff?

You've had the bug on developers machine "just a few times"
I could've been sending you 7GB dump of mangled client at daily basis.
If lack of memory data was a problem why don't you made a thread with the request of data?

Just a random bugfix that could've not been occuring for 6 years more.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
June 2022:
"
It was introduced by some refactoring of the text engine in order to support the then-upcoming Xbox version of Path of Exile.

January 2017:
"
The development and direction of the PC version has not and will not change due to the existence of the console version.
Oo... was hoping more on 'fixing path of exile' but ye, i know that will never happen.
Can this just be repurposed as a feature on failed Vaal temple double corrupts instead for trophies?

Not the actual code, but the mangled text result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info