3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

New Effigy sounds much better.

Drought-Bringer still bricks Flicker Strike and Discharge builds.
What is it going to take to get you to remove lightning mirages from the literal most common arch nemesis mod (storm strider) of which 10-15 of each are in every map?

Just let us play the game without needing to stare at our own feet while dodging bullet hell shit from every single monster. If you won't remove it why not make it come from the monster rather than spawn inside our character models? It's tedious and annoying. Offers nothing to the game other than an extra annoyance of which there are already dozens.
Thank the Lord
<3 Chris
"
OptimistMind wrote:

Just let us play the game without needing to stare at our own feet while dodging bullet hell shit from every single monster.

What he said
Still not enough. The mods need to be defensive, offensive, or CC related. Not all 3 on every single mod that stacks to be absolutely ridiculous. It's not fun. Seriously what's it going to take for you guys to believe us?
It's not enough, Archnemesis monster modifier can no longer be found on Magic or Rare Monsters in all extracontent like rippy harvest blue mobs should be just fine. Also, some mobs deal too many damage with some AN mods. Need a balance to avoid instant OS
A very solid step, you have much further to go.

I really don't think you'll make it in one league, unless you just revert archnemesis completely.

But, thanks for promising making Headhunter worth getting again. Especially after Kirac's pass cosmetic? If you fail on this one I will permanently hold it against you. Never buying a pass would just be the start.
"
The Invisible Buff Effect Microtransaction can now be applied to Withering Step, allowing you to hide its visual effects.

This is the best thing in these patch notes, thanks GGG! And I'm not even playing a Withering Step build at the moment, but I'll so look forward this when I do. There are a fair few fresnels and that particular green is rather grim.

"
Fixed a client crash that could occur when trying to enter The Control Blocks in Act 5.

Great to see this too, it was a confusing repeat crash.

"
Monster modifier changes

Great to see immunities becoming reduced effect. I hope 80% doesn't prove too severe for cold mods for builds relying on them but I can't speak to that.

I was insta-swarm one-shotted by a Frenzied (or Hasted, I forget) group next to an Acceleration Shrine in a small room yesterday. Unfortunate but a corner case and I did add the shrines in.

I am still trying to kill most everything offscreen if possible given Archnemesis mods, or know I should have when I get murdered. Not sure if that's intended. Slower, less interesting but less rippy.

Delve is a little unsporting now with Toxic, Ice Prison, Heralding and Storm Strider in confined spaces, plus on death ground effects I can't see under the melee. Volleys of Toxic and repeated Ice Prisons every few seconds are a little wearing (and Lightning Beacons are annoying) but overall it was fun despite the new mods provided I didn't try to do anything ambitious like delve at a depth anywhere close to my character level.

I'm a little worried that I'm starting to adjust to the new changes, as I still don't favour them but I'm enjoying the league. Not sure if that's Stockholm Syndrome or good judgement on your part. I still kinda think it was still a bit of overreach going for such characterful mods on base monsters. I think the novelty will start to wear off, it's getting towards fine for now for me but I'm not sure I'm super looking forward to dodging Toxic balls and Lightning Beacons for the next n leagues until PoE 2. A number of monsters already had their own base mechanics to watch for (massive ranged volleys, pulsing red ground effects, curses, and so on.) Less impactful marginal adjustments to monsters feels like it has more longevity than Archnemesis.
"
SirPengas wrote:
Archnemesis is anti-fun. The mods are in majority of instances too powerful. I just 6-portaled a 10-way atlas invitation because the caster from burial chambers had soul eater and was the last to die..... I am tired of pouring exalts into my build and masses of time to try and get stronger only to be destroyed by a pathetic instance because of some retarded archnemesis combinations. ARCHNEMESIS LEAGUE IS OVER! If archnem mods are here to stay without a serious rework/nerf. I'm playing something else. I'm fed up

STOMP STOMP STOMP my feet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info