Feedback on New Microtransactions

It's a good direction but I did not like any of the designs, they just don't look that good compared to a "combined" set.
The Maroider skin is an interesting concept. I don't particularly like it but the idea of a skin that evolves with the character is pretty nice and there's lots of room for other implementations.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I'm a big fan of the new MTX themselves in terms of applying to different aspects of the game. I've always wanted a way to make it more obvious when my character blocks, for example. So it's nice to see that kind of effect available.

As for non-duplicate MTX mystery box, it's better than the past, but it's a scam that we can't apply a given mtx to multiple characters at once to begin with.

Then there's the cost structure of the packs: seems very pricey for MTX that only applies to certain skills and not all characters like armor MTX.

Fortunately, I can wait for the mystery box MTX to make it to the store where I will only have to pay for the ones I want.

TLDR: moving in the right direction
I believe I read that you cannot get duplicates from boxes now. If thats true, that is my favorite part, and I will be buying boxes. Until now I have only been buying specific MTX for fears of dupes. This solves my issue and msst people's issue. Thanks.
Crazy idea: Shield skin that's a magical tome that gains pages as you identify items (or unique items etc).

Always wanted this to be a unique with the Identify skill (whatever that would be) but it works as a skin
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
The cloak from reaper pack take too much kills to evolve, can you please reduce it? i'm already in endgame and still with 2 heads. i think the third head should appear at 100k and the final one with 200~300k.

like in comparision the elemental cloak from the other supporter reach his full potential only by capping res, i think many players who bought will never see it fully upgraded.
I also love the fact that reaper apparition dont disapear.
you want feedback so here you get mine

i realy realy want to buy the maroider skin, it is something i like, however, i fear that it will be already useless next league duo to how you guys handle balanceing meaning you prolly nerf the strength stacking making 26 bucks lay around never to be used again
Supporter packs were a nice change. Doesn't have to be an armour set every single time but definitely don't abandon that altogether.

Now there are flask mtx slots please let us hide phasing. Its disgusting and other skills like steelskin and withering step. Thanks and great job.
I quite like the new MTX who's appearances change with the character stats. Tons of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming along those lines.

The remainder of the changes, I'm not so wild about. I was very disappointed in the league supporter packs. Not that the things included aren't well done, they absolutely are, but I have loved the armor sets in the last few leagues and was really looking forward to seeing new ones for Sentinal. The armor was of course moved to challenges, which I think is a nice idea (and looks really great btw). The concept of "value" when it comes to MTX is ridiculous and completely subjective, but I value a beautiful cohesively themed armor/weapon/portal set more than the collections of bits in these packs, so it's a harder sell for me to hand over $90USD for a pack that I may use few if any of the MTX.

The theming is a big issue for me. It all seems so thrown together. Each pack is just a bunch of... random stuff. Yeah, grim reaper, graveyard, I get it. But the theming is not nearly as cohesive and strong, to me, as previous leagues or the core packs.

The Mystery Boxes, man I don't even know. I hate the loot box gambling model in general but was suckered in to trying a few this time on the "no duplicates" promise. "No duplicates" is a bit of a stretch when you have as many as 6 or 7 of the same color-swapped item, but whatever. Technically I guess it's not wrong and I get what you're trying to do. I got a couple of scintillation armors which truthfully were all I wanted, so I'm good.

Again I think there is a weakness here in theming and cohesion. I know you were trying something specific with how the intensity of the effects scale with characters, but it also feels like a bunch of random stuff thrown together. I bet if you gave us the old mystery box themed content with the "no dupes" mechanic a lot of people would go for it that stayed away because of the chance of getting 3 pairs of the same boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info