Feedback on New Microtransactions

I like those microtransactions, but I feel like a lot of their effects should probably be made available in separate mtx. For example, the Glacial Hyrri's Ire effect of covering enemies in frost is very pretty, but wouldn't it make more sense to be in the "weapon added effect" slot, like extra gore?

The Reaper apparition is very striking, since it remains at the character for a long period of time. I think this idea is good. I would like to have my character chill the surrounding atmosphere, causing a "cold snap" effect and a snowfall.

I don't buy Kirac's Pass, because it's too expensive and doesn't add points. I would consider it for 10$ if it doesn't add points.

Also, we really need a solution for gender locking. If I could buy witch's model that I can then apply to any non-witch character, I would buy it. But I think this should be made free, because people experience gender dysphoria and shouldn't for that reason be excluded from enjoying other ascendancies.
MTX-Problem/Recommendation:
Issue- Brightness of MTX in Zones.
The colors/effects are beautiful, but have you seen a slightly MTX'd Righteous Fire Character in the darker game zones? The contrast is so intense that it forces you to remove your MTX. Any toon with a brilliant/Bright effect forces the eye to strain in heavily darker contrasting maps.
Resolution-
Recommendation-
Offer an ability to one-button dial-down/turn-off the effect/ability on the fly. I love my MTX's, but sometimes that stuff is retina burning in zones and I literally can't see where I'm going. Crash into, get stuck on stuff and die. Immediately remove MTX, survive, because I can see the game.

Issue- Vendor System/Bag Clearing.
We all hate not being able to carry 4000 items on us at all times, POE's biggest baldest boss is the Hoarder Boss, but that's not the issue at hand. The issue is, as someone that can fill 3 Quad-Stash tabs relatively easy, vendoring that inventory takes more time than what's desirable. Casual players like me, that farm on a massive scale feed higher-tier/content players with currency. *I'm older and don't have the ability visually or dexterity wise, beat some end game bosses. I'm cool with that, but hook a fella up!?
Recommendation-
Sell me a, "Mass Vendor" Quad Stash tab. Charge me a lil' extra. Here, I'll mail my Credit card to GGG. Help me, help you. Win-Win.

Thank you for this feed-back post.

I am genuinely amazed at the new MTX that has been showcased. I love the direction that the mystery box has headed as well as the unique special effects.

Personally, I do not buy MTX from the store but some of the stuff that has been released recently such as the maroider is tempting to buy.

Whoever worked on these new MTX did a fantastic job!

Keep up the great work team!
WELL I hope iam close to start getting more armour pieces ! It would be kinda nice if we could know how many items are in this chest !

Honestly, there needs to be a huge review and reconsideration for how all microtransactions are priced. PoE's MTX prices are straight up very, very high. By now, I would have expected GGG to experiment with different pricing methods, yet they have not. Not only this, but older MTXs are still insanely expensive, despite their (usually) lower quality.

The funny thing is, MTX armour prices are astronomically high compared to skill effects... yet, I feel like skill effects are by far the more popular thing to purchase. Now, I'm not saying to increase skill effect prices, as they are somewhat reasonably priced, but armour prices must be reduced. I'm no longer excited when new sets are released, as I know I will never pay the listed price. Ever. Even their sale prices are far too expensive. Yet, I probably would purchase them if they were 50%-75% cheaper.

Just my two (reasonably priced) cents.
"
Zuzanne wrote:

Also, we really need a solution for gender locking. If I could buy witch's model that I can then apply to any non-witch character, I would buy it. But I think this should be made free, because people experience gender dysphoria and shouldn't for that reason be excluded from enjoying other ascendancies.

This is really my biggest problem with the entire game. They've very sort of vaguely hinted at this kind of thing being possible with the new character animation stuff in Path of Exile 2, so I'm really really hoping that eventually there will be alternate gender versions of each class.
I miss the simple look of the classic microtransactions.

I don't like the new ones. There's already too much graphical clutter on the screen. I don't want to add more and lower my performance even further, when I can't even see the armor and character effects anyway through all the explosions and enemy effects onscreen.

I think the different color variations of items in the new mystery box being advertised as "no duplicates" is misleading, especially with the increase in price. A recolor is a little too much like a duplicate to me.

Not interested in the vault pass, because those microtransactions are completely specific to one item. I'd rather buy something I can use on multiple characters/builds. Also I heard you cannot buy this pass with points, only with dollars? Why?

As for suggestions:

I know a friend who'd really love to play a female marauder. That'd be awesome.

I'd like there to be more helms or helmet attachments that glow and look good from the back. Something like that makes it easier to keep track of my character. The Perandus challenge reward helmet and the Brilliant Feathers attachment are good examples.
Softcore, solo self-found.
----- Currently: -----
Power Siphon Locus Mine Trickster in Settlers of Kalguur
I was rendering a scene for my portfolio and realized that my machine rendering more than 10m voxels uses less my PC than PoE.

Please focus less on microtransactions and more on optimization.
I feel a bit burned by the Sentinel Boxes. I want one of the cool charge skins, instead I got 3 chest pieces in a row.

You say "No duplicates", but that's a bit of a misnomer isn't it? The same chest skin glowing red, blue, or multicolor is still the same chest skin. Two slightly different chest skins is taking up a large amount of the possible loot pool with silly color variations.

How about simply letting us re-roll the chest results if we have a reward in the same category. I got one of the splintering shields in red, that's perfect, that's exactly what I wanted. Now if I buy a box and get another shield, it's a burnt reward I don't want.

At $5 a roll, the easy ability to get the same item with only slight variations, and too wide a range of reward types (from hideout warp points to armor skins, and everything in between!), this one started to feel bad on the 3rd box.

I opened 7 total, got 2 rewards I wanted, 3 I'll use. I understand it's a gamble, but I only have one torso at a time, you know?
I buy a pretty significant amount of MTX and as such I have a decent amount of armour weapon and skill effects. So more armour doesn't seem very exciting to me at the moment. That's not to say I don't want new armour MTX. But it is to say that I could not be happier with the new direction that MTX is taking. Being able to further customize ui elements like the way ES shows with the devouring diadem. New flask effects level up animations etc are all top notch. So please make more and take my money 💰

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info