Feedback on New Microtransactions

About Supporter packs and Mystery box :
I think the concept is interesting, but i don't like the color, the visual, ...

When you will create similar things, but in a Starfall, Selestian, white, Twilight, Lightbringer... style, i will probably be interested.
Last edited by GKPlight on May 20, 2022, 1:56:34 AM
not a fan of the boxes saying not duplicates but when you open 5 you get the same helmet 4 times but in different colours, everything else is great, love the reaper apparition
What I need:
1) Anime girl that follows you.
2) MTX that changes gender of hero.
the content ? good.
The prices of the new MTX Box up by 25% ?

Hey,

so for the general theme i think it's cool. But i would prefer for the supporter packs to have one with an armour set and one with effects like they have now.

Because currently I don't really feel like buying one of the packs, since me personnaly i dont like the effects that much. They feel overprized for what they do. In Videos they often seem not really recognizeable during fights.

I rather thought about buying Annihilator, but that one is again a lot more expensive.

So I guess having a mixture of the old and the new concept would be a good idea.
Last edited by gustav9999 on May 20, 2022, 2:19:53 AM
Kirac's Vault Pass

The progression system works well, its predictable and manageable. I like the idea of alternate art uniques with enhanced effects. And they look great.

But the value is very subjective, if they are items a person likes to use regularly. And depending on how the meta shifts it can make some effects difficult to use. This isn't that different from buying skill effect MTX, but at least those can be bought with points one already had from supporter packs. I heard Chris' explanation for why the pass is the way it is and I understand though.

I think it would be a nice compromise if we could use some of the armor or flask MTX regardless of having the unique equipped, and only have the additional effects activate if/when you do. This aligns with a lot of veteran players desire to make the old race reward alternate art uniques into MTX.

Supporter packs

I personally preferred when packs capped at 60, but I can't say the value isn't there.

Might be more interested if there was a little bit of flexibility.

Say I wasn't interested in the Cloak of the Elements or the Ring of the Blackstar, but I did want the Searing Quicksilver Flask. If all tiers were balanced equally, it would be nice to just get the ones with contents we wanted. And have supplemental rewards like titles and portrait frames unlock based on if you buy 1/2/3 $30 packs.

Mystery Boxes

While I like that there is a set endpoint to these boxes, it's still a bit of a hard sell unless you truly want a large portion of the boxes contents, because there is no guarantee you'll get the one or two things you're after without needing to buy everything.

If these are following the same formula where they will be on the store eventually, I'm alright with them. If not, it might end up being a bit of a downgrade. There still ends up being a lot of repetition through the different variants.

The biggest shortcoming of mystery boxes in my opinion is the hideout decorations, the price is pretty inflated if you want to make a themed hideout. This is less specific to this version of the box, but in previous boxes, wanting 20 of the same decoration never felt like 60-100 in value.

I wish there was some kind of discount for bulk purchasing or way to downgrade more valuable duplicates into less valuable decorations.

General supporter feedback

Putting this much money into a video game can feel like an investment, and as an investor its important to know what the long term vision of the game looks like.

There were some serious communication issues regarding the most recent patch that has left me wondering if the game I enjoyed in 3.17 and the game GGG wants to make share much in common.

Expectations were set in-regards to build viability and character power that the patch did not respect. I would have been more open to the changes from the start if I wasn't told to expect something completely different.

In more general MTX feedback, there is a weird divide between one-off MTX from supporter packs and vault passes, and the ones that can be bought from the store. Things like having effects apply to both weapons for example. I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to visually separate these in-game somehow? A "Premium" MTX vs regular MTX.

It might also be nice to allow us apply the same "premium" armor or effects to multiple items if its a one-off piece. Things like the quicksilver flask for example can be kind of clunky to swap between characters every time. And it could be interesting to have it on two flasks, for people who run two during the campaign. If someone spends $480 on a top tier supporter armor set and wants to run it on all their characters, why not let them?
Last edited by jerot on May 20, 2022, 2:27:24 AM
In the polaric hideout, if you make the map device the center I'm sold. What a missed opportunity.

As for the new style supporter packs/mtx, I think it is ok. Not my favorite really, but mixing it up is a good idea. However, you should alternate between packs like the current and past.

P.s. Find a new theme besides celestial and anything close.
Last edited by Sindriic on May 20, 2022, 2:26:11 AM
I like the idea of no duplicates, though I'm just not a fan of lootboxes or battle passes or anything like that in general. I think my number one criticism is the constant "here's another celestial mtx" where it seems like the same 2-3 themes are regurgitated non-stop. It feels like there's no real thought or creativity being put into that aspect of MTX design and it feels bad as a player because there's still skills in this game with no MTX at all while the meta skills get countless variations of celestial themes time and time again.

I feel like instead of pushing hard on trying to take known predatory forms of monetization and revamp them in more ethical variations, there's a whole bunch of creativity being untapped for reasons I still don't know.
Awesome direction, love it. Want to see more leveling uniques or skills! Better designs, for example:
1 Mageblood unique from Kirack is lame and hardly combine with other cosmetics. Back attachment from boxes looks better, cmon.
2 Void Battery and Paradoxica cannot be applied to another hand, I think it is scam.
But Arakali, Rumy and Ashes of Stars, Aigis Aurora, Mjolner - Amazing

I also want to see better implementation of color theory to design overall, some cosmetics are so distractive, like leveling ring that blind the entire screen really ??? Or an identification book? That was a very strange decisions. But cloak showing resists or kills, are very very very good implementation of what I wanted.

P.S. I am very very missing Lab theme guys. I still think Labyrinth is the best mechanic, theme, and experience you ever introduced. Please hear me out <3
Last edited by nekumawaru on May 20, 2022, 2:50:42 AM
I do appreciate fact, that you are trying to make MTX more attractive/diverse, however if I have to suggest one thing when it comes to that topic is would be - please consider implementing sort of "pre-purchase test option", so we may check how particular MTX would fit to those we've already purchased (eg. armour pieces, back attachments etc.), or how (in terms of skill related) they work in practice.

Just to give you an example Dota 2 gives buyers such possibility, and at least for me it greatly increases chances, that I eventually buy particular MTX. 
Last edited by esgiepe on May 20, 2022, 2:41:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info