Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

"
borrza wrote:
You're one of the last companies that's not scummy.

Uh... they sell loot boxes...
Builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813247
Challenge boss kill services : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814668
"
impulze3 wrote:
ok, you lost it. 30$ ??? LMAO

If this was for free to get people to play the league this would have been so cool but asking 30$ for it will almost certainly not get people to play, it comes off as greedy and pushes players AWAY

this is a blatant re-packaging of the old racing reward system that gave us unique item skins / unique items with alternate art, except now you have to pay for the rewards and you also have to race in the league for them.
It's re-monetizing systems that were already present in the game. So i guess in the future the unique item skins won't be racing rewards but just part of battle passes ?

Its a really bad precedent and a slippery slope.
What old system is going to get replaced and monetized next, no more skin transfers so you have to use the new unique item skin system?

I'm worried where this will go and i think it is a lazy cashgrab. If you want to motivate players to play the league and get people out of standard, this is certainly not the way to do it.

I couldn't agree more, these game companies need to realize that people aren't going to pay for these senseless cash grabs anymore. I got a little excited when I got on and saw there was going to be a pass and a way to earn some stuff but as soon as I saw $30 I was instantly drawn away from it. Give your people some skins they can look forward to unlocking for free later on to improve the looks of their characters without further investment, and maybe you'll continue to make money off your other microtransactions.
Aegis Aurora shield skin is bugged btw. Shield gets ES buff color not in right position.

https://imgur.com/a/rRkacsd
Last edited by FlamingVoodoo on Feb 18, 2022, 9:22:54 AM
I don't think this is a bad idea and I approve of purely cosmetic monetization so as long as it stays purely cosmetic I will be in favour of schemes like this, however the price of 30 dollarinos instantly turned me off and killed off any vague interest I had, I'd consider it at 10 bucks but 30 is way too high. Either way I don't doubt people will buy this.

costs too much
a bit shameless
I can't see the problem with the concept. We also have limited time supporter packs and there is no problem with those.

If you don't like them, don't buy them.

Can't argue with the price/value though, it's completely a no-no.
Last edited by roigcarlo on Feb 18, 2022, 9:30:31 AM
Love the idea of the battle pass. Would absolutely buy in the future once they make it good.
do you really think this will help you get players past Kitava?

My opinion (which can be wrong ofcourse) is:
1. you have gamebreaking bugs in your leagues which prevent some players from playing your game and reaching endgame and you never patch it till the end of league.
2. you changed your stream of assets the way that it does cause lag, your game is built on fast reactions, so it does have to be smooth gameplay, if you cannot provide it, there is no reason to play the game for some challenge.
3. your main story maps are too long. What is the point of random levels if the story dungeons are longer than any maps and 2-3 levels? If the only new progress there is levelling unusable gems and getting to know the new mechanic, without hideouts, that is not strong enough.
4. you introduce new bugs after you let players buy the new year support packs...
5. some players cannot create builds for endgame, but I think they can have enough of fun, I don't know if there is any alternative for this. But I was hoping for something better than stupid gamepass. It seems to me like what you did before, only without funny characters and dialogues.
6. all the chacracters from leagues, everything I gather, is considered as trash in this game - I have no use for it in standard league, because I have no use for standard league - let me stay and use standard league characters for some time for some reason.
7. I wish for new alternatives of characters, so I can alter them to the chosen build. I know there should be armors for it, but that will not make them unique.

Why I would play the game every 3 months with a new character? I need new funny skills, not just new meta, better levelling system which is usefull - I don't know how to describe it, the posibility to change gems, not to throw them away, or something like that.
And better progress till maps or shorter main story levels (esp 2nd part).
Last edited by lefali on Feb 18, 2022, 9:42:59 AM
Just no.
I keep questioning the high pricing of GGG's support packs and MTX.

AFAIK New Zealand doesn't have similarly high salaries as e.g.
  • Norway
  • Switzerland
  • US

But these prices certainly seem like it's for the richest countries or people only.

For example I'm living in Finland, which has 2nd the highest personal income taxation (56.95%) in the world, but salaries are 19th highest. I have middle-class earnings and I bought some support packs along the years, but purchases have always been a tough bullet to swallow. I can't imagine people with low income wages to buy these.

I'd hope for more affordable pricing e.g. $10 per armour pack MTX bundle. For any "battle passes" I'd hope for similar pricing as other game companies e.g. $6.99 - $13.99.

These MTX seem cool, but why can't we buy it with points from the support packs we've bought?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info