Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

absolutely terrible and shameless
I want to try to imagine GGG's perspective of needing or wanting to increase revenue, and how to best accomplish that with this type of promotion, while also mentioning some observations/concerns. The price and items the skins apply to seem to indicate marketing toward already established players with a history of supporting the game/company. Would a player who is participating with their first or second league be inclined to spend 30 USD as their first purchase of cosmetics which solely apply to items that they are just beginning to have access to, if that? Probably not. If they want to support the game and/or have some pretty pixels while also getting points to add specialized stash tabs, a supporter pack seems the better option. Now, the Atlas completion requirement also incentivizes player retention, something one would think already occurs to a greater extent with established players compared to newer players. This aspect seems like a missed opportunity. Could this League Pass promotion not only incentivize new player retention but also function better as an introduction to spending money for those who have yet to do so were the price less? PoE MTX cost has been an issue many have stated precludes them from participating. So, could this have been the opportunity to somewhat bridge that gap? What might occur if the price was 10 USD instead of 30? Might enough people who otherwise wouldn't opt in for 30 do so and compensate for the income disparity from those who would opt in regardless? Even if not entirely balancing (though perhaps even exceeding) during the short term, would enough of those who might opt in for 10 USD every three months also eventually purchase at least one League or Core Supporter pack each year? Would the potential longer term benefit make it worthwhile? It's hypothetical potential, but the structure of the League Pass rewards incentivizing player retention makes it seems more valuable as a long term plan intent upon building more of a player population willing to spend money on the game.

That mentioned, this is all stated without historical revenue data, so I could well be talking out of my ass when relying upon established revenue sources is the better option. As one of those sources, I also want to mention that I particularly like the Bottled Faith skin, have no issue with these skins being exclusive to a league and am happy to support PoE and GGG. Yet, I'm conflicted about getting the pass. Similarly to how having a larger proportion of players willing to spend money on the game could help to make the concept of doing so at current prices seem more acceptable to an even greater number of players, could I be doing it to myself by incrementally spending more each league as higher tier Supporter Packs and League Passes are introduced? Being aware of that I already no longer automatically buy the highest tier packs. Unless the Supporter Pack content and enough game content have been appealing enough, the amount I support with has actually decreased. Further overshadowing it all is GGG being owned by a company which is controlled by a state regime of significant concern. I enjoy playing PoE and want GGG to succeed. I know that were I to discontinue supporting or even playing altogether it wouldn't have significant bearing upon GGG's bottom line. The risk I'm observing personally and reading signs of from others means that if too many players of similar perspective become too incrementally alienated, that could have a significant effect.
I wouldn't mind for a 10-15$ battle pass per year with 10-15 unique MTX per league to the battle pass, but 30$ for a few skins AND most of them won't/can't be seen while playing? Nope.
"
hexadecima wrote:
"
WodkaKirsch wrote:
Is this an out-of-season april's fool joke?
Nice but 30 dollars is way too much for this. It applies to so few things..come on...
55 pages in just a few hours. That's an impressive feat.

I wonder how many gaming news websites will catch on this and portray how the majority of the playerbase feels about this. Because nobody can deny that most of us are disgusted by this.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Feb 17, 2022, 10:29:32 PM
usually in the battle pass there is a payback system, that is, the player invests real money, but for completing the battle pass he receives an equivalent amount of in-game currency. You don't have it.

what do you have? you offer $30 skins for very specific items that 99% of the players will never touch in the game. Have you seen your statistics? 98% players of your atlas has never been closed. Who are you making this battlepass for?

You should think about it, because what you are doing now looks like a rash act.
Last edited by redkeds on Feb 17, 2022, 10:34:33 PM
Looks like the marketing team is desperate for money and the league mechanic didn't do much to benefit.

And the endgame has alot to be desired for..

This might be the bottom..
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
neat idea but way overpriced. should be like $10 at most... it doesnt apply to very many items, most of these items arent really used since you nerfed most of them into being kind of pointless additions to builds, and on top of all that it doesnt even come with any points??????

$30 is laughable. im sorry but you people have lost your minds with your prices lately. $90 league packs... armor sets that cost almost $90, and now this?
Last edited by Titoisagod on Feb 17, 2022, 10:36:45 PM
who the fk brought the idea of battle pass to POE? This is literally a step backward

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info