3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
MagnusH wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
MagnusH wrote:
Isn't using devouring diadem and a DPS support as 6 slot instead of lifetap a string up DPS increase? Then you also get some healing every 5 seconds, and some nice reservation increase for slotted auras.

And losing ~100 flat cold, -12% fire res to mobs, ignites deal damage 15% faster, life, some evasion. We're also using enlighten 4lvl which is according to my pob almost as good as sticking 4 auras into helm (only 22 more free mana with diadem).

Edit. Plus i'm not even sure how good does diadem feel compared to lifetap since our only ES item is helmet and we're not investing into es at all.

Well, a quick test showed that DPS went up in his max-DPS PoB, even if using the tanky body armor, so health and armor also went up.

I am using devouring myself, works good, never run out of "mana" and my real mana is reserved to 100%. And the extra health you get from time to time is nice (health sustain is this build major drawback after all). And with it, I can run purity of elemental, determination, grace, lvl13 precision and defiance (swap determination for malevolence for DPS but less tankiness).

Finally, let's not forget that lvl4 enlighten costs 20 exalted, so not exactly cheap.

Which support are you using to have higher dps?

Edit. I also don't have any problem with health sustain, not even using recover %hp on kill cluster.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 6, 2022, 10:46:57 AM
(Awakened) Swift Affliction, but the decrease in duration might be a problem. Cruelty, Empower and some more also work but slightly less DPS than swift affliction.
in love with this build

anyone would have a detailed step by step guide to craft blizzard crown?
"
MagnusH wrote:

I am using devouring myself, works good, never run out of "mana" and my real mana is reserved to 100%. And the extra health you get from time to time is nice (health sustain is this build major drawback after all). And with it, I can run purity of elemental, determination, grace, lvl13 precision and defiance (swap determination for malevolence for DPS but less tankiness).

Can you squeeze in malevolence (or another 50% aura), if you put a reservation enchant on helm?
"

Can you squeeze in malevolence (or another 50% aura), if you put a reservation enchant on helm?
Doubt it, maybe if you skip precision but then you need to make up for that on +accuracy on items.

Being able to use 3*50% auras + purity of elements in it would be pretty awesome though.

Edit: nope. didn't work, even without precision and defiance. -100 mana :-(
Last edited by MagnusH on Mar 6, 2022, 11:09:49 AM
"
MagnusH wrote:
(Awakened) Swift Affliction, but the decrease in duration might be a problem. Cruelty, Empower and some more also work but slightly less DPS than swift affliction.

https://pastebin.com/2LwXhQyN - blizzard crown. 55,798,795 dps.
https://pastebin.com/zuKRkZ5P - devouring diadem. 55,699,391 dps.

So i'd be just losing hp and ignite duration and even abit of dps for no reason. Other support gems should be even bigger dps loss i guess.
"
"
MagnusH wrote:

With perfect ashes of stars and mana res helm enchant plus 4 points for 25% determination reservation efficiency i could fit another 50% aura instead of banner and precision. And with another point for defiance banner 100% mana res eff i could fit it too according to pob. Have exactly 0 unreserved mana. Or could ditch defiance banner and just slot 3lvl precision. Plus you could get megalomaniac like this instead of medium totem cluster so you don't need to waste points in tree for that 25% determination reservation. In short, there are ways, as long as you really want it.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 6, 2022, 11:29:29 AM
Yes, you might be right, I think I forgot to add buff for Lifetap. But at the very least, using devouring is a much cheaper way to get high DPS.
"
MagnusH wrote:
Yes, you might be right, I think I forgot to add buff for Lifetap. But at the very least, using devouring is a much cheaper way to get high DPS.

Ye, may be viable budget option if its smooth to play. Since helm and enlighten aren't exactly cheap.
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
"
MagnusH wrote:

With perfect ashes of stars and mana res helm enchant plus 4 points for 25% determination reservation efficiency i could fit another 50% aura instead of banner and precision. And with another point for defiance banner 100% mana res eff i could fit it too according to pob. Have exactly 0 unreserved mana. Or could ditch defiance banner and just slot 3lvl precision. Plus you could get megalomaniac like this instead of medium totem cluster so you don't need to waste points in tree for that 25% determination reservation. In short, there are ways, as long as you really want it.

True. But I meant if Magnus could do it in his setup without all this hassle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info