3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I still don't fully understand how elemental equilibrium works. I had Add # to # lightning damage to attacks on my quiver and I could see by the visual it was proccing every so often. I replaced my 5-link quill rain with a 6-link bow that has Added lightning damage so I replaced the craft on my quiver with Increased elemental damage with attack skills and now I never see EE proccing anymore.

I have no added fire damage so that isn't an issue. Would appreciate it if someone could take a quick look at my character to see if I am missing something glaringly obvious.

(I realize my gear is subpar, but as a casual player my currency is somewhat limited.)
Last edited by Tygerlilly on Mar 6, 2022, 12:01:28 AM
"
Tygerlilly wrote:
I still don't fully understand how elemental equilibrium works. I had Add # to # lightning damage to attacks on my quiver and I could see by the visual it was proccing every so often. I replaced my 5-link quill rain with a 6-link bow that has Added lightning damage so I replaced the craft on my quiver with Increased elemental damage with attack skills and now I never see EE proccing anymore.

I have no added fire damage so that isn't an issue. Would appreciate it if someone could take a quick look at my character to see if I am missing something glaringly obvious.

(I realize my gear is subpar, but as a casual player my currency is somewhat limited.)

Yeah that's quite confusing. You didnt do anything wrong:

There is a (big) difference how EA handles "X lightning Damage to Attack" and the (LOCAL) "Adds X Lighnting Damage" (on Bows).

The Local Modifier from the Weapon (Adds X Lighnting Damage) won't get added to the "normal" Arrows. Only to the explosion.

The "Arrow" itself does 0 Damage by Default. (All Local Dmg from Bow gets ignored. No physical dmg too). But we can "cheat" the EA-Mechanic a bit by just adding a tiny little amound of "added Lightning to ATTACKS". Now our Arrows do super tiny amount of Lightning DMG. But thats enough to Proc EE.

But what is "local +lightning dmg" on Bow good for, then?
Example: You have +300Lightning Damage on you Bow and can get 20Fuses

Your Arrows will do: 0 Lightning Damage
Your Explosion will have an added: 300 Lightning * 20 (20Arrows) * 0,5 (50%base Dmg from Skill) = 3000 DMG added Base Dmg

You can check your "Arrow" DMG in Pob here (right now you deal no added Elemental dmg). The Loal DMG from Bow does not get added:

Here you can see your LOCAL Lightning Dmg in Action, it adds about 5% more DPS to your Explosion/ignite..not bad for a single (lowlvl) affix.

A T1 +Lightning(or Cold) Dmg Roll, would add about 20% more DPS. Making it a very desirable Affix on Bow.

Hope that clears it up a bit, the wording is quite confusing sometimes :)
Last edited by Schejian on Mar 6, 2022, 2:01:25 AM
"
Schejian wrote:

A T1 +Lightning(or Cold) Dmg Roll, would add about 20% more DPS. Making it a very desirable Affix on Bow.

So with my arrows not doing any elemental damage am I not proccing EE at all? If this is the case, should I craft added lightning damage to attacks on my quiver instead of increased elemental damage in order to proc EE?

Thanks so much.
"
Tygerlilly wrote:
"
Schejian wrote:

So with my arrows not doing any elemental damage am I not proccing EE at all? If this is the case, should I craft added lightning damage to attacks on my quiver instead of increased elemental damage in order to proc EE?

Thanks so much.

precisely :)
40 challenges done, this build is insane, all contents become very easy.
Last edited by cloudmonkeyz on Mar 6, 2022, 6:28:03 AM
Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great guide! I have put some effort into crafting and just finished ring and gloves. What should I go for next?

https://pastebin.com/6LnHUMvw

If I'm correct I am sitting at 18 fuses right now. Probably the way to go would be to change my anointment to "Watchtowers" in order to get 6 totems instead of 5. Correct?
Isn't using devouring diadem and a DPS support as 6 slot instead of lifetap a DPS increase? Then you also get some healing every 5 seconds, and some nice reservation increase for slotted auras. The energy shield you get from the helm is enough as "mana" (eldritch battery)
Last edited by MagnusH on Mar 6, 2022, 10:21:25 AM
I also don't think flame surge works as support to arcanist brand, since its cast "from you" and whatever burning damage it adds will give zero damage.
"
MagnusH wrote:
Isn't using devouring diadem and a DPS support as 6 slot instead of lifetap a string up DPS increase? Then you also get some healing every 5 seconds, and some nice reservation increase for slotted auras.

And losing ~100 flat cold, -12% fire res to mobs, ignites deal damage 15% faster, life, some evasion. We're also using enlighten 4lvl which is according to my pob almost as good as sticking 4 auras into helm (only 22 more free mana with diadem).

Edit. Plus i'm not even sure how good does diadem feel compared to lifetap since our only ES item is helmet and we're not investing into es at all.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 6, 2022, 10:25:18 AM
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
MagnusH wrote:
Isn't using devouring diadem and a DPS support as 6 slot instead of lifetap a string up DPS increase? Then you also get some healing every 5 seconds, and some nice reservation increase for slotted auras.

And losing ~100 flat cold, -12% fire res to mobs, ignites deal damage 15% faster, life, some evasion. We're also using enlighten 4lvl which is according to my pob almost as good as sticking 4 auras into helm (only 22 more free mana with diadem).

Edit. Plus i'm not even sure how good does diadem feel compared to lifetap since our only ES item is helmet and we're not investing into es at all.

Well, a quick test showed that DPS went up in his max-DPS PoB, even if using the tanky body armor, so health and armor also went up.

I am using devouring myself, works good, never run out of "mana" and my real mana is reserved to 100%. And the extra health you get from time to time is nice (health sustain is this build major drawback after all). And with it, I can run purity of elemental, determination, grace, lvl13 precision and defiance (swap determination for malevolence for DPS but less tankiness).

Finally, let's not forget that lvl4 enlighten costs 20 exalted, so not exactly cheap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info