3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
tiagoman wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
tiagoman wrote:
hellooooo, i dont know how to improve my build, Any ideas for survabiulity?

Maybe some max life on the amulet but some vermillion ring with flammability

Ty!
You are running Purity of elements, right? If so, you have ailment immunity, so you can drop burning and cold immunities on your flasks. Add in extra attack speed or boosted armour / evasion affixes instead.

Some endurance charge generation with a small cluster jewel would help.

You could respec your tree, go closer to the well rounded tree and drop some damage. Spec out of Dirty Techniques, Heavy Draw, and Ash, Frost, and Storm, then path to the right through Finesse, One with Nature, Intuition, and Herbalism. That should drop your ignite damage by about 20%, but boost your life to 4.3k.

Also, you're 100% right on the amulet. Swap that for something with a decent life roll.

im sorry to bother u but can we talk? ty!!!!
Sure. I'm Teldra_Archnemesis_Btch in game. I was about to login, message me when you're free.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hey there, been playing mostly SSF so I know my gear is unideal for trade league kind of stats, but I'm at a point where my damage feels incredibly meh. The survivability seems fine, I was running around Maven not really dying unless I oopsie'd some degen- but it took FOREVER.

I'm really new to theorycrafting so I'm not sure where I've gone wrong- what would be my next steps to upgrade (considering that I have all of maybe a 2 ex budget right now but need to know what to work towards first)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me out.
Can I ask if there's anything glaringly wrong with my DPS? My POB says 20 fuses has my damage at 18 million. Is that sufficient at 2.8 attack speed?
Upgrading my gems I see an increase to 25.5m which I guess is pretty significant. I feel like getting the fire as extra chaos damage would help a lot, but how come it doesn't show up as adding any damage in POB?

I feel like I'm not able to clear legions efficiently or deleriums. Also want to ask why people are taking points out of ash, frost and storm nodes? I understand we have polaric destruction ring but does it not stack?

Sorry for so many questions, thanks in advance.
"
RinF_ wrote:
Hey there, been playing mostly SSF so I know my gear is unideal for trade league kind of stats, but I'm at a point where my damage feels incredibly meh. The survivability seems fine, I was running around Maven not really dying unless I oopsie'd some degen- but it took FOREVER.

I'm really new to theorycrafting so I'm not sure where I've gone wrong- what would be my next steps to upgrade (considering that I have all of maybe a 2 ex budget right now but need to know what to work towards first)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me out.
Your bow could use some work. It's only +2. +3 isn't quite 20% extra DPS, but it's close. It's not exactly ideal colours, either.

Quality on your EA gem will increase the duration you have to sink in 20 arrows. That will help a bunch, it will put you over the 20 breakpoint. It's going to be hard to keep your attack speed up without Faster Attacks, and you really want to drop that as soon as you can. Dropping faster attacks and combustion for elemental damage with attacks and burning damage is a huge boost to your ignite damage IF you can keep your attack speed up enough to hit 20 fuses.

Drop immortal call for another lifetap. You can't make use of 2 guard skills anyway, and it removes your dependance on some mana being left over.

I'd drop Rain of Splinters unless you are clearing maps with it. It's not going to help against bosses.
"
goobergeorge wrote:
Can I ask if there's anything glaringly wrong with my DPS? My POB says 20 fuses has my damage at 18 million. Is that sufficient at 2.8 attack speed?
Upgrading my gems I see an increase to 25.5m which I guess is pretty significant. I feel like getting the fire as extra chaos damage would help a lot, but how come it doesn't show up as adding any damage in POB?

I feel like I'm not able to clear legions efficiently or deleriums. Also want to ask why people are taking points out of ash, frost and storm nodes? I understand we have polaric destruction ring but does it not stack?

I tried looking up your char, looks like you've looted it's helm, gloves, and chest at the moment.

Fire damage as extra chaos damage absolutely works, and it shows in POB.

Most folks are dropping Ash frost and storm due to lack of points to allocate.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
goobergeorge wrote:

I tried looking up your char, looks like you've looted it's helm, gloves, and chest at the moment.

Ok sorry, I equipped my gear again, was looking to upgrade my helmet and gloves. Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm looking at my POB correctly, if you could check my damage output that would be greatly appreciated. I've just upgraded a couple of my gems to awakened and that seems to be helping.
I wonder why don't we use Crystallised Omniscience amulet?
Cos it's not working with totems? This damage penetration?
Can someone explain?
I play my own version in SFF but have some general questions about EA maybe someone can answer:

Optimizing attack speed, accuracy and totem number to hit the goldilock zone of 20 fuses is really important for EA DPS( that's seems what everyone is saying)

According to some guides u need like 2.5 aps with 6 totems, even with onslaught , blood rage and frenzy I can barely hit 2 APS). What's up with this?

I don't see anyone using blood rage which gives 15 attack speed, anyone knows why?( I have it on my left click button, it's always up and I can sustain it just fine)

Also changing ignite proliferation to unbound ailments seems real good for single boss dps( at least on POB), is that true?
"
snowmittens wrote:
I play my own version in SFF but have some general questions about EA maybe someone can answer:

Optimizing attack speed, accuracy and totem number to hit the goldilock zone of 20 fuses is really important for EA DPS( that's seems what everyone is saying)

According to some guides u need like 2.5 aps with 6 totems, even with onslaught , blood rage and frenzy I can barely hit 2 APS). What's up with this?

I don't see anyone using blood rage which gives 15 attack speed, anyone knows why?( I have it on my left click button, it's always up and I can sustain it just fine)

Also changing ignite proliferation to unbound ailments seems real good for single boss dps( at least on POB), is that true?

You need some AS affixes on gear. I'm running a dual AS affix quiver, and another 8% implicit on gloves. Damn near all of us are running another affix on the bow.

Most folks steer away from blood rage due to the degen. We're weak overall to degen damage, if you stack that up with some DOT ground effect, it'll kill you quick. If you can sustain it, go for it.

Ignite prolif is strictly for clear, swap in something else for bossing. I have an awakened elemental damage gem that I use, but I also have a bow with 5 white sockets.
"
goobergeorge wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
goobergeorge wrote:

Ok sorry, I equipped my gear again, was looking to upgrade my helmet and gloves. Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm looking at my POB correctly, if you could check my damage output that would be greatly appreciated. I've just upgraded a couple of my gems to awakened and that seems to be helping.
Ok, I'm seeing an attack speed of 2.21, 100% accuracy if you're running precision, 90% if you're running defiance banner, a duration of 1.42s and the usual 6 totems.

That puts you at either 18.8 fuses or 16.9, depending on whether you're still running precision.

In either case, you need a bit more attack speed to hit 20 fuses.

Keep in mind, you need to look at Ignite DPS, not total damage per ignite. Your DPS currently is somewhere between 4.8m and 7.3m. Closer to the first number if you are running Defiance Banner, closer to the second number if you are running Precision.

Also, your Flame Surge isn't doing any good. You need to link it with something - we're using Arcanist Brand - or it does zero damage because of Ancestral Bond on the tree.

Rain of Splinters isn't helping any on bosses, either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info