3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
brunowa wrote:
"
Kojack37 wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:

Quality of EA increases its duration so its easier to hit 20 fuses with lower atk speed/accuracy. It also slows clearspeed since higher duration=more time it takes for dmg to kick in. But that can be solved by divergent EA which gives less duration per quality instead. And imo, rare amulet is still better, using this right now.

Hi, this is an interesting point. Here is my POB

https://pastebin.com/q5BnyaYH

Very happy with build. Think I'm around 23 mil DPS at 10 fuses and that's being conservative as I can get my APS to 2.5 with flasks, around 2.3 without so feel that's closer to 15 fuses.

Anyways, would it be a DPS boost to get a divergent Explosive arrow instead of the normal one, which i have at lvl 21 Q20. Would a lvl 20 Q20 Divergent EA be a DPS boost much like how boots with ignite deals DMG faster? Is it worthwhile to make the change?

Divergent EA is a playstyle choice.

Overall, your DPS will be lower because you'll be stacking less fuses into enemies and bosses.

However, the upside is that fuses will explode faster, so your mapping and clear could feel better because you don't have the lag effect of waiting for fuses to go off. When you couple Divergent EA with Ashes of the Stars, you can get pretty much instant fuses going off, making EA feel like any other bow skill.

So ultimately, Divergent EA is not as great from an overall build perspective (less DPS), but some people may prefer it due to the "feeling" of faster fuses going off.

To really make the most of Divergent EA, you would want to go down a path of trying to stack 24 fuses (which is an additional benefit of Divergent). However, getting to 24 fuses is much harder due to the shorter duration. To do this, you might want to look into a way of getting an additional totem and using Barrage and perhaps even Quill Rain. This way you can stack a shit-tonne of fuses very quickly. Again, your overall ignite will be lower which is what this build focuses on, but you'll be stacking a serious amount of continuous fuses. This approach would work better on a non-ignite based build.

Thanks for response.

Honestly I'm pretty okay with the current clearspeed and just want more DPS for the big bosses so I can take them down quicker and easier.

My two main goals right now are
1) Six link my armour and get my enlighten up to lvl 3 so I can fit in purity of elements for elemental ailment immunity and hopefully able to get more chaos res.
2) Buy a new bow that has an APS of at least 1.8 and also fire damage convereted to extra chaos damage.

Just wondering if there's any other quicker, cheaper changes to help improve the build DPS and/or survivability.

"
Kojack37 wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
Got another dumb question.

I know Ashes of the Stars is godly for us, but I thought we wanted to avoid any Quality on Explosive Arrow due to it doing something weird with the fuses on the shot? Or am I mistaken and should get a 20 quality EA gem to combine with the necklace?

EDIT: Dear god I seem to somehow keep ending up on the start of a new page .... lol.

Quality of EA increases its duration so its easier to hit 20 fuses with lower atk speed/accuracy. It also slows clearspeed since higher duration=more time it takes for dmg to kick in. But that can be solved by divergent EA which gives less duration per quality instead. And imo, rare amulet is still better, using this right now.

Hi, this is an interesting point. Here is my POB

Very happy with build. Think I'm around 23 mil DPS at 10 fuses and that's being conservative as I can get my APS to 2.5 with flasks, around 2.3 without so feel that's closer to 15 fuses.

Anyways, would it be a DPS boost to get a divergent Explosive arrow instead of the normal one, which i have at lvl 21 Q20. Would a lvl 20 Q20 Divergent EA be a DPS boost much like how boots with ignite deals DMG faster? Is it worthwhile to make the change?

Divergent is for pure clear, not for damage. Depending on gear/setup you could run most stuff with just divergent, like i don't swap into regular even on elderslayers (baran and stuff).
Also, your dps on 10 fuses is 7.5m according to that pob and its not even on boss, its 4.7m dps on shaper/guardian.
"
Kojack37 wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:

Divergent EA is a playstyle choice.

Overall, your DPS will be lower because you'll be stacking less fuses into enemies and bosses.

However, the upside is that fuses will explode faster, so your mapping and clear could feel better because you don't have the lag effect of waiting for fuses to go off. When you couple Divergent EA with Ashes of the Stars, you can get pretty much instant fuses going off, making EA feel like any other bow skill.

So ultimately, Divergent EA is not as great from an overall build perspective (less DPS), but some people may prefer it due to the "feeling" of faster fuses going off.

To really make the most of Divergent EA, you would want to go down a path of trying to stack 24 fuses (which is an additional benefit of Divergent). However, getting to 24 fuses is much harder due to the shorter duration. To do this, you might want to look into a way of getting an additional totem and using Barrage and perhaps even Quill Rain. This way you can stack a shit-tonne of fuses very quickly. Again, your overall ignite will be lower which is what this build focuses on, but you'll be stacking a serious amount of continuous fuses. This approach would work better on a non-ignite based build.

Thanks for response.

Honestly I'm pretty okay with the current clearspeed and just want more DPS for the big bosses so I can take them down quicker and easier.

My two main goals right now are
1) Six link my armour and get my enlighten up to lvl 3 so I can fit in purity of elements for elemental ailment immunity and hopefully able to get more chaos res.
2) Buy a new bow that has an APS of at least 1.8 and also fire damage convereted to extra chaos damage.

Just wondering if there's any other quicker, cheaper changes to help improve the build DPS and/or survivability.

Your gear overall looks pretty good.

Biggest things I see are:
1) Gem levels (Enlighten and Awakeneed gems)
2) When you get your chest setup, use more offensive flasks and a more useful pantheon.
3) Change Watcher's Eye. The extra attack speed is minimal for your setup. I would opt for a defensive one with determination, grace, or purity of elements. But that's personal choice. Alternatively, if you want to go bigger DPS, run Malevolence instead of Purity of ELements and get a DOT/Malev watchers eye. This will be a huge DPS boost.
Hi guys, first thanks to that build. It works very well for me!

What can i do to get better clearspeed instead of boss damage? (Divergent EA is one option)

Maybe someone can tell me how many fuses i can get:

POB-Link: https://pastebin.com/9atcuEFQ

Do u guys see here sthg, that i have to improve directly?

"
PattyWin wrote:

What can i do to get better clearspeed instead of boss damage? (Divergent EA is one option)

Ignite proliferation gem is your greatest asset for better clear. Followed by rain of splinters jewel.

Those two things will make clearing feel amazing.
"
PattyWin wrote:

In pob your belt is not 20q. Get 16% of fire as extra chaos craft on bow instead of 15%. Ballista totem 21lvl is 22% less dmg instead of 23%. Get awakened ele dmg with atks 5lvl and get your awakened deadly ailments to 5lvl. Your helmet is pretty much garbage. You need something with -9% fire res to nearby enemies, or if you can afford it - something like this.

For clearspeed you could get ignite prolif implicit on gloves instead of atk speed one. That and rain of splinters is pretty much all you need for clear.

Biggest dps boost would be swapping into malevolence. Could get corrupted belt with malevolence effect and malevolence watcher for even more dmg in that case.
I wouldn't suggest ignite proliferation on gloves, that's worthless for bosses. Switch for a rain of splinters, the damage loss is lesser than losing the "+x% to fire damage over time multiplier. (and easily swappable as opposed to exarch implicit)
how do you generate endurace charges?
Is Emberwake a good alternative to Polaric Devastation ? Its much cheaper and grants more Damage shows POB....
"
xdagg3t wrote:
how do you generate endurace charges?

Enduring Composure on small cluster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info