3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Got another dumb question.

I know Ashes of the Stars is godly for us, but I thought we wanted to avoid any Quality on Explosive Arrow due to it doing something weird with the fuses on the shot? Or am I mistaken and should get a 20 quality EA gem to combine with the necklace?

EDIT: Dear god I seem to somehow keep ending up on the start of a new page .... lol.
Last edited by PhazonXenomorph on Feb 24, 2022, 4:26:07 PM
"

Skipping Elemental Equilibrium is also another damage reduction.

Fixed that. Still a lot of problems I guess?
Map clear is fine. Sustain during that is bad (dying on like t12 map).
Map boss is still terrible and even more problems with survi. Like there must be sort of my big mistake right?

New bow:
Last edited by Raven111 on Feb 24, 2022, 5:12:48 PM
Is this bow a good boy?
"
Cohaveth wrote:
An other noob question... When I read guides on EA ballista, most of them says that we can go up to 8 totems.

So :
- 3 from the gems
- 1 from Watchtowers
- 1 from ancestral bond
- 1 from Skirmish quiver
- 1 from Hierophant Poursuit of Faith

So where is the 8th totem... ?

Panopticon? Its under duelist.
"

I know Ashes of the Stars is godly for us, but I thought we wanted to avoid any Quality on Explosive Arrow due to it doing something weird with the fuses on the shot? Or am I mistaken and should get a 20 quality EA gem to combine with the necklace?

EDIT: Dear god I seem to somehow keep ending up on the start of a new page .... lol.

Quality of EA increases its duration so its easier to hit 20 fuses with lower atk speed/accuracy. It also slows clearspeed since higher duration=more time it takes for dmg to kick in. But that can be solved by divergent EA which gives less duration per quality instead. And imo, rare amulet is still better, using this right now.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Is this bow a good boy?
Unavailable

Don't think so.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Is this bow a good boy?

Don't think so.

Really? :(
I think the nearby here is 70 units so Is not like you need to be facing the rare or unique.

If the speed kicks dps should be close to a +3.
But I'm a noob on this things. This is my first bow build.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 24, 2022, 6:37:24 PM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Is this bow a good boy?
Unavailable

Don't think so.

Really? :(
I think the nearby here is 70 units so Is not like you need to be facing the rare or unique.

If the speed kicks dps should be close to a +3.
But I'm a noob on this things. This is my first bow build.

Could be good. You'll have to see in your own POB how it affects your build.

Plugging it into mine shows about 10% less DPS, but that's not bad.

The upside is the extra attack speed on bosses... but it depends what you want/ need. Do you want to focus on boss killing? Then the bow could be ok. Are you already at 20 fuses total? If so, this bow has no advantage. If you are struggling to hit 20 fuses on bosses, then this bow would be good. However, on bosses, we mostly pre-spawn ballistas so hitting 20 fuses should be relatively easy.

So overall, I would say it's a good bow, but certainly not as great as a +3 gems with attack speed and crafted DOT.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"

Quality of EA increases its duration so its easier to hit 20 fuses with lower atk speed/accuracy. It also slows clearspeed since higher duration=more time it takes for dmg to kick in. But that can be solved by divergent EA which gives less duration per quality instead. And imo, rare amulet is still better, using this right now.

Hi, this is an interesting point. Here is my POB

https://pastebin.com/q5BnyaYH

Very happy with build. Think I'm around 23 mil DPS at 10 fuses and that's being conservative as I can get my APS to 2.5 with flasks, around 2.3 without so feel that's closer to 15 fuses.

Anyways, would it be a DPS boost to get a divergent Explosive arrow instead of the normal one, which i have at lvl 21 Q20. Would a lvl 20 Q20 Divergent EA be a DPS boost much like how boots with ignite deals DMG faster? Is it worthwhile to make the change?
"
Kojack37 wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"

Hi, this is an interesting point. Here is my POB

https://pastebin.com/q5BnyaYH

Very happy with build. Think I'm around 23 mil DPS at 10 fuses and that's being conservative as I can get my APS to 2.5 with flasks, around 2.3 without so feel that's closer to 15 fuses.

Anyways, would it be a DPS boost to get a divergent Explosive arrow instead of the normal one, which i have at lvl 21 Q20. Would a lvl 20 Q20 Divergent EA be a DPS boost much like how boots with ignite deals DMG faster? Is it worthwhile to make the change?

Divergent EA is a playstyle choice.

Overall, your DPS will be lower because you'll be stacking less fuses into enemies and bosses.

However, the upside is that fuses will explode faster, so your mapping and clear could feel better because you don't have the lag effect of waiting for fuses to go off. When you couple Divergent EA with Ashes of the Stars, you can get pretty much instant fuses going off, making EA feel like any other bow skill.

So ultimately, Divergent EA is not as great from an overall build perspective (less DPS), but some people may prefer it due to the "feeling" of faster fuses going off.

To really make the most of Divergent EA, you would want to go down a path of trying to stack 24 fuses (which is an additional benefit of Divergent). However, getting to 24 fuses is much harder due to the shorter duration. To do this, you might want to look into a way of getting an additional totem and using Barrage and perhaps even Quill Rain. This way you can stack a shit-tonne of fuses very quickly. Again, your overall ignite will be lower which is what this build focuses on, but you'll be stacking a serious amount of continuous fuses. This approach would work better on a non-ignite based build.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 24, 2022, 7:55:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info