3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
husvagn wrote:

Hi, a quick question for anyone willing to answer:

I dont see much talk about using these boots but when I put them in my POB, it gives 19 % total damage boost. That seems very good to me :)

Am I missing something?

That's a great question.

They are pretty good! I'm running Anomalous Flame Surge which gives me 10% chance to Scorch, but swapping to these boots does give me an extra 10% DPS too! Pretty awesome!

The major downside is that these boots don't come with any defence. No Life. No Resis. No spell suppression. They are really an OFFENSIVE boot.

If you have your defences sorted, then they could be a great addition.

In fact, now I'm in DPS mode, I'm going to try running with them :) Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 17, 2022, 9:28:13 PM
Another small tweak I have made is swapping out Frenzy for Blood Rage.

Blood rage is a nice "set and forget" frenzy generator. You will pack on an additional chunk of Attack Speed automatically, without having to waste time firing the frenzies.

This is incredibly beneficial for both clearing and bossing. For bossing, it means that now I can cast blood rage, get an instant 20% attack speed, so when boss spawns, my ballistas already have 20% attack speed and I don't have to spend a couple seconds firing frenzy to get my charges up. I can then focus on throwing the trap and my brand.

It's a great quality of life.

This might be for high-end only though, as the obvious downside with Blood Rage is the life degen. So if you can't handle the degen, then using frenzy would still be better.

My goal is to ultimately take down The Searing Exarch in under 5 seconds without min-maxing gear which I believe should be very possible.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 17, 2022, 9:35:14 PM
Yeah my elemental resistances are capped and spell suppression at 95%, so the only big loss is the life bit.
Had them drop from the maven JUST after i bought some expensive new chaos resist boots... so now im back at -50 chaos res haha. But giving me 19% dmg boost - cant let that slip :P

"
husvagn wrote:
Yeah my elemental resistances are capped and spell suppression at 95%, so the only big loss is the life bit.
Had them drop from the maven JUST after i bought some expensive new chaos resist boots... so now im back at -50 chaos res haha. But giving me 19% dmg boost - cant let that slip :P

In my opinion, spell suppression must be at 100%.

In your case, spell hits you in 5 of 100 cases with 100%.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
YukitoEiri wrote:
"
YukitoEiri wrote:
And again, hello everyone. I tried the coс version, I didn't like dying in general... I decided to return to the ballista. Now I have this equipment. At the moment there are 4 ex. Where is the best place to invest them? And how should I possibly change my tree?

Thanks!

Who can help me plz?
Your tree isn't bad.

Replacing your bow with a basic +3, even with just crafted attack speed on it, would be a 40% damage boost. Getting a 21/20 EA gem would be another 10% on top of that.

Fix your flasks - any character over level 90 should be running flasks that are fully qualitied, with useful affixes. I would suggest dropping one life flask, and get all your skills linked to lifetap so you can drop the mana flask as well.

Above they just wrote that my bow is also very good and almost as good as the bows +3...
"
YukitoEiri wrote:

Above they just wrote that my bow is also very good and almost as good as the bows +3...

Everyone's setup is different.

Going by yours, you would get about 25% more damage upgrading the bow.

Quill rain = 3.3 attacks x 0.91 acc x 6 ballistas x 1.61 duration = 29 fuses (capped at 20) = 4million DPS

+3 bow = 1.81 attacks x 0.9 acc x 6 ballistas x 1.61 duration = 15 fuses = 5.1 million DPS (because each fuse has significantly more DPS because of the +3 gems).

Upgrade your bow and then work on getting your attack speed up to hit 20 fuses.

You have jewel slots already taken in passive tree but don't have jewels in. That's an easy place to start.
I'm sorry if my question was answered somewhere earlier, but where do I get the numbers from to calculate the fuses? I'm still a noob trying to follow along.

Looking at my gear what would be the next big upgrade? Thank you for everything!
When we take ancestral bond, does Frenzy still proc Elemental Equilibrium? I think the answer is no and we need to use traps, but I see A LOT of people with both ancestral bond and EE still using Frenzy. Even Ziz's Champ EA guide has it.

Apologies if this has been answered already.
Last edited by Hookmcracken on Feb 18, 2022, 12:57:50 AM
"
Hookmcracken wrote:
When we take ancestral bond, does Frenzy still proc Elemental Equilibrium? I think the answer is no and we need to use traps, but I see A LOT of people with both ancestral bond and EE still using Frenzy. Even Ziz's Champ EA guide has it.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Frenzy doesn't proc EE. Any added cold or lightning damage on gear procs it, and lightning spire trap procs it.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
YukitoEiri wrote:

Everyone's setup is different.

Going by yours, you would get about 25% more damage upgrading the bow.

Quill rain = 3.3 attacks x 0.91 acc x 6 ballistas x 1.61 duration = 29 fuses (capped at 20) = 4million DPS

+3 bow = 1.81 attacks x 0.9 acc x 6 ballistas x 1.61 duration = 15 fuses = 5.1 million DPS (because each fuse has significantly more DPS because of the +3 gems).

Upgrade your bow and then work on getting your attack speed up to hit 20 fuses.

You have jewel slots already taken in passive tree but don't have jewels in. That's an easy place to start.

Yes, I wanted to work on jewels, now I have lvl 91, I need to somehow rebuild the tree for them ... I'll start with the bow then, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info