3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Terrony wrote:
hey guys. Overall, i am having fun with this build but I am not sure what are the next BIG upgrades I need. I've played around PoB with awakened gems, EA 21, and annoints but they don't really give me a big boost. I know I can do better on my amulet and quiver but im not so sure. Looking for some tips and guidance which would be much appreciated. I have a budget of 63 divines. Thanks yall!

https://pobb.in/DunuoI6mgtm0

Hello.

First let's correct the PoB settings. Should be something like that : https://pobb.in/zKA7cy_Y163r

You seem to be at 11 fuses right now - under buffs. Max (22) fuses would be like 150% the current damage.
Priority number 1 : improve that number : attack speed, duration, hit chance...

ANOINT WATCHTOWERS (in caps cause that's been 10 minutes i'm looking for whatever is killing your fuse count and i didn't realize before.

Take DoT Mastery with 15% duration.

Get precision aura, even if it's only a few levels.
Could allow you to get a watcher's eye with 14-15% increased attack speed when using precision. Shouldn't be expensive.

Get better gloves, you want the accuracy and spell suppression, but you also want high attack speed on them to help with fuse count.

Craft a good hunter quiver (see crafts info in forum signature)

Allocate weathered hunter if able (for now)*. You can remove Ash Frost Storm for 3 points for example, also the Reservation Mastery, also Might (???)

*when you'll try to upgrade rings for example, think of a ring with hundreds of accuracy on it.

etc etc. Gotta get to 20+ fuses, 22(+) would be best.

Some other big things (bigger when you have the fuses count) :

- Replace ignite prolif with empower 4 (you already have the spread implicit on gloves for prolif).
- Get the jewel socket between vigour and Savagery (2points) and put a good lethal pride there (usually 17648 or 12842, may depend on your tree choices a bit, like getting cloth and chain (could help replacing one of your taming rings with a better ring.

Example of these changes applied to you (i used quiver/ring from xzealiox) :
https://pobb.in/ESqrEAqi34On

Edit : you'll realize i cheated with tree points but consider the 3 points from weathered hunter are not meant to stay long term.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 20, 2024, 6:47:20 PM
Not sure if helpful but what I did for gloves was get a t1 suppress or accuracy fracture (go for dex/str) and hit gloves with attack speed essences. Until you get either accuracy or suppress t1, then hit your ignite implicit and you can use eldritch exalts, chaos and annul and only hit the prefix.

Also side note you can craft increase damage while flask effect on prefix which is apparently strong.

May not be optimal and since your on PC you can probably just buy but there ya go...

Edit: headtourist think it would be worth me switching my watchers to the determination less Crit thing rather than fuse for survivability?

Also can you tell me how many fuses I'm hitting? I think I should be close or there also my DPS.
Last edited by xzealiox on Jan 20, 2024, 7:40:42 PM
"
xzealiox wrote:

headtourist think it would be worth me switching my watchers to the determination less Crit thing rather than fuse for survivability?

Also can you tell me how many fuses I'm hitting? I think I should be close or there also my DPS.

I'm not playing the league but people keep telling about blue wisps and crits, and the survivability you need to feel safe...
Considering our Achilles heel when it comes to defences is usually our physical max hit value, it sounds appealing... If you don't feel comfortable right now, there's not much to lose in trying things.
Some people here actually modified the "regular build" so they could get tons more defences at the cost of more dps (ex : Durahal).
For example, if you are only mapping/not playing delirium, there's not really a benefit from going for tons of uber dps as the DoT dps value is capped anyway. Really depends on you, what you wanna do, how you feel.

---

Regarding fuses, right now with buffs on (onslaught, frenzy...), and pots on you go up to 22. Without pots, 21. Without pots and frenzy, 20.
I'd like to point out that these are theoretical values, and it will generally won't translate 1 for 1 in game... Having a margin for tough enemies can be beneficial even if it doesnt appear that way on PoB. But these are mostly considerations to have if at some point you think you're struggling and feel your dps isn't what you think it is..

Now the real piece of information : to see fuses count/calculations, go to Calcs screen, set Explosive Arrow in socket group, and "max sustainable fuses in skill part".
Then under Sklil type-specific stats, you can see the line Mas Sust Fuses and a number, hover and you'll see the details.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 20, 2024, 8:58:16 PM
I'm trying to work endurance charges in for an extra defense. Probably through enduring cry. People work it into left click but you can't do that on Xbox. So we will see how it works.

I have a +1 all skill ammy but everything is full on it so once I have some currency I'll start yolo annul. Or buy fractured dot multi.

BC there is no Legion 5 way carries. Getting to 100 is pretty tricky. Which is my goal this season. So I'm trying to mitigate death as much as possible while still doing damage and doing good XP.

Anyways I'll keep ya posted and thanks for all the help.
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
xzealiox wrote:

headtourist think it would be worth me switching my watchers to the determination less Crit thing rather than fuse for survivability?

I'm not playing the league but people keep telling about blue wisps and crits, and the survivability you need to feel safe...
Considering our Achilles heel when it comes to defences is usually our physical max hit value, it sounds appealing... If you don't feel comfortable right now, there's not much to lose in trying things.
Some people here actually modified the "regular build" so they could get tons more defences at the cost of more dps (ex : Durahal).
For example, if you are only mapping/not playing delirium, there's not really a benefit from going for tons of uber dps as the DoT dps value is capped anyway. Really depends on you, what you wanna do, how you feel.

---

Regarding fuses, right now with buffs on (onslaught, frenzy...), and pots on you go up to 22. Without pots, 21. Without pots and frenzy, 20.
I'd like to point out that these are theoretical values, and it will generally won't translate 1 for 1 in game... Having a margin for tough enemies can be beneficial even if it doesnt appear that way on PoB. But these are mostly considerations to have if at some point you think you're struggling and feel your dps isn't what you think it is..

Now the real piece of information : to see fuses count/calculations, go to Calcs screen, set Explosive Arrow in socket group, and "max sustainable fuses in skill part".
Then under Sklil type-specific stats, you can see the line Mas Sust Fuses and a number, hover and you'll see the details.

I just wanted to note that Durahal's build feels like a massive improvement in terms of 'trade-offs'. The original build's EHP is roughly 40-50k, while Durahal's is 130k-150k. In terms of damage according to PoB, the original build is around 10%~ more damage (if I switch back to Dawn belt, Hyrri's Ire, and the timeless jewel that gives 20% faster ignites), at the expense of 3x EHP and nearly 100% movement speed. However, for Uber bossing, the regular variant probably has significantly more than 10% more damage. Durahal's version also results in losing 30% spell suppression (no Hyrri's Ire), so you'll have to use 2 charms to cover that up. Those 2 charms could go into things like 2 40% increased onslaught, culling strike, etc that would increase quality of life and DPS of the original build even further.

A good middle ground could be simply using the Mageblood, but not switching to Doppelganger's guise. Or using a +4 Skin of the Loyal (so you don't need to switch timeless jewels), iunno honestly.

EDIT: A +4 Skin of the Loyal + MB + Widowhail results in just as much tankiness but even more damage than using Doppelganger's guise without needing to invest a jewel and 2 skill points into chaos res. However, you then have to deal with the pains of having low ES due to losing Doppelganger's guise, so you likely have to back to using a level 1 divine blessing if you want to use malevolence
EDIT: Okay, setting the enemy to 'Uber bosses' changes DPS calculations entirely because we're no longer hitting the relatively low ignite cap. For me, the Skin of the Loyal + Mb + Widowhail version is giving an estimated 50% more damage on Ubers
EDIT: Looking at POB calculations alone, Widowhail + +4 Skin of the Loyal is actually looking really good right now in terms of DPS + survivability without too much investment
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 21, 2024, 9:12:35 AM
+4s are nearly impossible to get on Xbox I would have to roll it myself as well as getting corruption in Alva (console is like half ssf 😂). I could trade out the HH for a MB.

Because of ailment mitigation I'm also debating putting in purity of elements instead of either defiance or grace or potentially malevolence.

Kk time to grind this level hopefully 😂.
"
xzealiox wrote:
+4s are nearly impossible to get on Xbox I would have to roll it myself as well as getting corruption in Alva (console is like half ssf 😂). I could trade out the HH for a MB.

Because of ailment mitigation I'm also debating putting in purity of elements instead of either defiance or grace or potentially malevolence.

Kk time to grind this level hopefully 😂.

Well if you're grinding against regular content and depending on how dps feels, you could also try the defiance of destiny amulet.
You'd lose a third of your dps doing so, which is a lot, but you'd basically heal a third of your missing life before being hit, every time you get hit.
Looks to be something like a 10d investment for a high roll on this explicit on xbox trade. I have no idea how the dps would feel then though.

Of course mb is just lulz defences, but it's also lulz expensive so unless you're sitting on mountains of divines... But if you can trade hh for mb (seems the market on xbox is real different from pc), i think i would definitely try to get a 4 pots mb and the right potions. Perma whatever you want on 4 flasks is ridiculously good everywhere. And it won't mess with your dps the way defiance of destiny would.

Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 21, 2024, 6:48:00 AM
Hey this is my first league so i don't game very well. I would appreciate if someone give me some advice how to improve my build. I was thinking to change it to Durahal version because i feel a little to squishy but i don't know if I can afford it. Is mageblood required for this version?

My build
https://pobb.in/lKGF0JI7n56p
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Terrony wrote:
hey guys. Overall, i am having fun with this build but I am not sure what are the next BIG upgrades I need. I've played around PoB with awakened gems, EA 21, and annoints but they don't really give me a big boost. I know I can do better on my amulet and quiver but im not so sure. Looking for some tips and guidance which would be much appreciated. I have a budget of 63 divines. Thanks yall!

https://pobb.in/DunuoI6mgtm0

Hello.

First let's correct the PoB settings. Should be something like that : https://pobb.in/zKA7cy_Y163r

You seem to be at 11 fuses right now - under buffs. Max (22) fuses would be like 150% the current damage.
Priority number 1 : improve that number : attack speed, duration, hit chance...

ANOINT WATCHTOWERS (in caps cause that's been 10 minutes i'm looking for whatever is killing your fuse count and i didn't realize before.

Take DoT Mastery with 15% duration.

Get precision aura, even if it's only a few levels.
Could allow you to get a watcher's eye with 14-15% increased attack speed when using precision. Shouldn't be expensive.

Get better gloves, you want the accuracy and spell suppression, but you also want high attack speed on them to help with fuse count.

Craft a good hunter quiver (see crafts info in forum signature)

Allocate weathered hunter if able (for now)*. You can remove Ash Frost Storm for 3 points for example, also the Reservation Mastery, also Might (???)

*when you'll try to upgrade rings for example, think of a ring with hundreds of accuracy on it.

etc etc. Gotta get to 20+ fuses, 22(+) would be best.

Some other big things (bigger when you have the fuses count) :

- Replace ignite prolif with empower 4 (you already have the spread implicit on gloves for prolif).
- Get the jewel socket between vigour and Savagery (2points) and put a good lethal pride there (usually 17648 or 12842, may depend on your tree choices a bit, like getting cloth and chain (could help replacing one of your taming rings with a better ring.

Example of these changes applied to you (i used quiver/ring from xzealiox) :
https://pobb.in/ESqrEAqi34On

Edit : you'll realize i cheated with tree points but consider the 3 points from weathered hunter are not meant to stay long term.

Thank you so much my friend. I will keep you updated on my progress!
"
coolasik wrote:
Hey this is my first league so i don't game very well. I would appreciate if someone give me some advice how to improve my build. I was thinking to change it to Durahal version because i feel a little to squishy but i don't know if I can afford it. Is mageblood required for this version?

My build
https://pobb.in/lKGF0JI7n56p

Hey. Well done for a first league !
Some things i notice while reviewing your build a bit.

(i think) The cluster jewels could be improved
like :
- sleepless sentries + ancestral echo on a 4 node medium
- bow damage 8 node large cluster with martial prowess, tempered arrowheads, calamitous
I think this would help raise your fuses number. At least try to get the medium one.

- Also adding a small cluster jewel (3 nodes) with mortifying aspect on it + enlighten so you can get malevolence aura which is a big dps improvement. (you'll then want to link auras and enlighten together, probably on chest armour).

21/20q explosive arrow gem (even a 21/0 if it's a lot cheaper, as you dont get past 20 fuses right now)

The glove implicit for exposure on hit is useless, as it doesnt stack with EE and EE is stronger than it. Can be replaced for something more useful, like global accuracy rating (ah yes if you go for malevolence you'll probably need to use a low level precision gem btw), and mana will be tight so you'll basically want lifetap on your non auras setups (unless again you go for devouring diadem like many others this league)

Since you're on the league, there are charms that give the covered in ash thingy, allowing you to replace polaric devastation for something better. In that case, a simple taming ring would help fix your resistances while improving your damage compared to polaric.

You dyadian is 37%, keep catalysting it to 42%.
On your tree, i would try to remove everything that's right from EE.
Get dirty techniques, and then get a lethal pride jewel to replace the one that's in this area. Numbers on these jewels, as always : 17648, 12824 (the number is a seed, the seed gives bonuses to allocated tree nodes in a radius around the lethal pride jewel).

And, i'm never against a nice watcher's eye. But i would have to see after you reworked your build a bit, depending on your fuse count.

---

About Durahal's build, some things :
- it is tanky and yes MB is doing a lot in that department. Is it mandatory, no, but remove it and you'll see the defences are not quite the same (also movespeed, permaheal etc). There's a reason that belt is so damn expensive and everyone talks about it.
- Durahal has invested a lot in the build, you can see from his weapon for example. It's not that common, he is 'minmaxing' things to compensate the best he can the dps loss for getting more tankiness.

---

Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 21, 2024, 2:51:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info