3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Headtourist wrote:
"
I bought a +1 support gems synthesized thicket bow base because I thought it'd be significantly better than just having more increased damage. Right now I'm trying to cook because the base is such low item level and it's hard to make it work.

Again, you can try things in PoB. Like, adding the implicit to your own bow and see the difference. (or easier, just replace +2 with +3 to the to support gems explicit instead)

(also again) The craft recipes are in my "forum signature", right under.
The +2 support is the second craft.

Edit : i don't know the ilvl of your bow, but there are required ilvl for explicits to be able to appear.
T2 dot multi requires ilvl 76, T1 requires ilvl82. T1 attack speed requires ilvl 37.
You can use craftofexile (or poedb) to see all this.

It's sadly only ilvl 71, and I looked through PoB. +1 support gems adds 5M dps, 26% dot multi is 10m, 15% fire damage as added chaos is 10m. The base is essentially useless even if I roll a 15% t3 dot multi

Ugh, I should have checked ilvl before I bought it-- hopefully I can resell it haha. +1 support gems is around the equivalent in damage to "50% increased damage" at the level of my gems. If I roll the same bow on a synthesized base but with 15% dot multi (max for ilvl), it'll be around a 5m damage increase apparently. Huge waste of 49 divs

EDIT: Whoops, I should be looking at ignite DPS not total ignite damage

Looking at PoB, I realize the only thing that matters is attack speed (up to a certain point), damage over time multipliers, and gem levels. I can take off all my increased damage sources and it barely matters, or add in 80% increased damage and it's only like a 1m dps increase. And it seems like added flat elemental damage is so inconsequential it doesn't even matter
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 19, 2024, 1:44:35 PM
https://pobb.in/Gt3c31l4ig01

Hey wondering if anyone can offer some guidance on where to go from here.

To note; working on fixing my corrupted blood jewel atm just corrupting and waiting. As well I'm hitting my quiver with t1 life and skill prefix (just saving the div to hit it many times)

Other than that not sure where to turn. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm on Xbox so things like get a better watchers eye are difficult.
"
Schejian wrote:
"
Headtourist wrote:

"
I see someone with a +4 gem level Hyrri's Ire for 50 divs, that could facilitate using a Widowhail + Quiver for a lot of power, if I'm willing to respec again haha. How are people using avoiding the use of Lifetap while not having the Necromancer's Circlet?

I would really be cautious, as I'm not sure you'd benefit from that at all.
What I can tell you, the widowhail and quiver from Schejian makes you lose dps right now. I mean, just try on PoB when in doubt.

Wait, I think you might have misconfigured the PoB here on accident.

+4Hyris, Widowhail+his quiver should be a moderate ~15%DPS +450HP gain.

Another small thing to note: Skillgem Lvl scaling gets significantly worse at Highlvls (30). So you could replace Empower with Lifetap without losing DPS, if you prefer the manaless playstyle.

+4 Hyrri's and Widowhail with a good quiver definitely has potential to be a strong combination for DPS and a life boost. Putting it onto Anena's build brings it from 23M ignite DPS on Ubers up to 30M ignite DPS.

Also just want to point out that gem scaling gets worse AFTER lvl 30. It's unlikely you would be able to drop Empower without significantly lowering your DPS. In fact, using Empower actually makes a +3(+1 all/+2 projectile) chest slightly better than a +4.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 19, 2024, 2:42:29 PM
"
Dromlin wrote:

+4 Hyrri's and Widowhail with a good quiver definitely has potential to be a strong combination for DPS and a life boost. Putting it onto Anena's build brings it from 23M ignite DPS on Ubers up to 30M ignite DPS.

Also just want to point out that gem scaling gets worse AFTER lvl 30. It's unlikely you would be able to drop Empower without significantly lowering your DPS. In fact, using Empower actually makes a +3(+1 all/+2 projectile) chest slightly better than a +4.

I think I'm legitimately too in love with Doppelganger's guise to ever toss it, so I'd probably go for a +4 one if possible... however, the chances of double corrupting one are practically zero haha.

Skin of the Loyal is 20c a piece, but a double corrupted one is 25d-35d on average. So we can extrapolate the cost of producing one is 1/200~ attempts. Since Doppelganger's are 1 div each, it'd cost at least 200 divs to get a double corrupted one probably.

I notice that on PoB, Dawn's DPS increase isn't as significant as I thought it would be. No belt -> 29m DPS, Dawn -> 36m DPS BUT Mageblood takes me 34m for some reason I don't understand. In terms of chest pieces, a max rolled Hyrri's Ire is a 1.5m DPS increase and increases EHP by 5k. A doppelganger's guise is no DPS increase, but 50k EHP increase. But to use the doppelganger's guise, you lose out on the timeless Karui jewel which should be another significant source of damage. A really huge increase in damage for me was actually the +2 amulet, taking me from 20m to 34m, which changed gameplay entirely.

I also realized how I'm going to craft the synthesized ilvl 71 bow
- Dread essences (+2 bow level) until t1 attack speed
- guaranteed t1 all gem levels
- multimod 20% fire damage mult and fire damage as extra chaos

So it'd be +2 bow level, +1 all gem levels, +1 support gem levels, and it'd be a measly 1m DPS increase, sadly. Damn it, if only it was illvl 82 haha. The pro side of the bow is that I wouldn't have to roll for T1 dot multi, at least. It'd cost 10 divs to hit + I'd have to annul off everything extra, so I'd guess 20 divs minimum to complete the rolling for the craft. For the 500k~ less damage variant, it'd be 3 divs of rolling tops. Paying 50 divs for a 1m dps increase feels terrible though haha
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 19, 2024, 8:56:21 PM
"
xzealiox wrote:
https://pobb.in/Gt3c31l4ig01

Hey wondering if anyone can offer some guidance on where to go from here.

To note; working on fixing my corrupted blood jewel atm just corrupting and waiting. As well I'm hitting my quiver with t1 life and skill prefix (just saving the div to hit it many times)

Other than that not sure where to turn. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm on Xbox so things like get a better watchers eye are difficult.

Hello.

About corrupted blood jewel, not sure it's that mandatory considering potions, but then i have no idea how the game is played on console...

Skills :

Lightning golem, i highly doubt -from experience- it survives more than a couple seconds at this level.
I feel like we're lacking lightning spire trap/combustion somewhere for extra dps on things that dont die fast, would usually tell you to link them with frenzy/culling so culling can support traps too. Now all this would require some setups rework and i hate to do that so i'll let you think about it :d

You've got IC and Molten shell linked to cwdt. Since they're both guard skills, this doesnt work, gotta make a choice.

Items :

Considering you're using empower, there's a world where you wanna use the other variant of the bow (with +2 to socketed support + extra chaos damage)/ Check my signature if needed, it's the second craft recipe.
I will try to stay nice and not comment on the headhunter belt, the doctor forbade me. ( Edit post answer : in this context i can understand indeed ; i'll also point out mb seems to be real nice for speed/defences, but it's nice the same price range)
I don't seem to see mistakes, esp. gloves implicit, it's nice to see someone not making the exposure mistake once in a while :')

Tree :
Per usual, would work towards removing the right side of the tree (right from EE)

That's 14 points to reallocate.
-> dot mastery with 15%M increased duration
-> dirty techniques
-> fire mastery for extra 5% on exposure.
-> Impossible escape jewel with precise technique by getting the jewel on top of Sentinel, then the usual : Farsight, Entrench, Thick skin... maybe utmost swiftness so we fix spell suppr thourgh magebane while getting some more dex.

I would usually tell you to get a 17648 or 12842 lethal pride here instead of your current timeless jewel, but considering your xbox situation -with like even watcher's eye being a problem-, i understand it may be complicated.

--

Also, as a DD/hyrri user, you may be interested in Anena's build, so let's go again with the link : https://pobb.in/3lcbJjAU36wf (it's set on ubers)
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 20, 2024, 6:06:38 AM
Thank you very much for your detailed answer..

I bought 50 5way sets (took forever) so will try to farm up a good timeless jewel. I also have a spare convert to chaos but just made this bow and was trying to see which was higher level. As well I have a perfect dydian for belt but was using HH for farming the 5 ways.

I will get rid of my molten, and as well perhaps the lightning golem in lieu of a trap!

Update: got great rolls for quiver, got my timeless escape, move all those points around, made new gloves with more life and damage, next up is it better to get +2 ammy over my replica. Saw people saying that else where.
Last edited by xzealiox on Jan 20, 2024, 5:41:55 AM
"
xzealiox wrote:
Update: got great rolls for quiver, got my timeless escape, move all those points around, made new gloves with more life and damage, next up is it better to get +2 ammy over my replica. Saw people saying that else where.

Ah yes Dot multi amulet is tons of dps. I didn't mention it due to reservation on it, didn't try to swap out yours.

Edit : wanted to take a look at these changes out of curiosity, but your profile is private unfortunately :')
-> didn't switch to xbox indeed, it's my bad
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 20, 2024, 3:03:13 PM
Just wanted to add that I somewhat switched this build to mf to farm t7 spires and have fun with the conversions. It's been working well so far, obviously not as good as a real mf build but doing fine. Added greed's embrace, two ventors, gold flask and divination distillate and put extra spell suppression in the tree to make up for losing hyrris. Divination is hard to use given DD helm, I had to put lifetap back in instead of empower for divination.
It's lower DPS but the loot explosions are fun :D and can easily switch back to the normal build.
It's not optimized for sure, open to suggestions here but for anyone wanting to try mf and too lazy to make a new character, it's doable.
Head tourist, I'm on Xbox so can't pull my own POB. You can look up xzealiox to get it.

Edit: should be open on profile I just logged out and checked.

https://pobb.in/TT12KqDBPR9p
Last edited by xzealiox on Jan 20, 2024, 4:35:57 PM
hey guys. Overall, i am having fun with this build but I am not sure what are the next BIG upgrades I need. I've played around PoB with awakened gems, EA 21, and annoints but they don't really give me a big boost. I know I can do better on my amulet and quiver but im not so sure. Looking for some tips and guidance which would be much appreciated. I have a budget of 63 divines. Thanks yall!

https://pobb.in/DunuoI6mgtm0
Last edited by Terrony on Jan 20, 2024, 4:59:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info