3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Taelis wrote:
Looking for some advice on what to focus on next.
I went Empower/Devouring route.

My 6L in my armor is kinda going to waste but to be honest i dont know what to do with it lol

I'm kinda hoping for more survivability to add to the build but I will take some damage as well. Currently got 12 div banked.

Lethal Pride jewel i keep seeing mentioned but it seems like itd be an absolute nightmare to find the right one.

https://pastebin.com/buWUUWMa

You need to improve your accuracy so you can reach max fuses and that will be the best way to increase your damage, more on that in a second. If you want to be more tanky, you could go the Divine Flesh/Doppelganger Guise route that Durahal uses. To replace the spell suppress, I would get an Impossible Escape(Precise Technique) and get Entrench. Your charms aren't bad, but if you can work in cover enemies in ash, by either changing current charms or getting That Which Was Taken, you could replace Polaric Devastation and get rings with +accuracy, resists, life, etc. If you decide to go Doppelganger, you'll also want as much chaos res as possible on these rings and may need to rework other gear as well to boost chaos res.

You definitely need to think about what gems you want to be using. Frenzy is useful for bossing (GMP isn't necessary), but Blood Rage is the way to go for mapping. Do you feel like you still need the lifetap linked? Personally I've found it extremely rare to be that low on ES where I didn't have enough to cast flame dash/molten shell/enduring cry. Speaking of, Enduring Cry is a fast way for 12% phys reduction if you're good at keeping endurance charges up and you even have a charm with charge duration. One of the fairly standard links is arcanist brand/flammability/flame surge and that's a pretty significant single target damage increase for you which also lets you get rid of that mediocre flammability on hit ring. I know you want more survivability, but if you replace Defiance Banner with War Banner it would help your accuracy problem and you can always switch it back after you fix your accuracy problem.

Lethal Pride has 2 options that are pretty close in terms of DPS. First is the one everyone mentions, 12824 socketed next to Vigour, and the second is 14043 socketed above Sentinel. The first one doesn't require any changes to your gear, but the second one requires you to have enough spell suppress without Magebane. There are other options which either require you to spec notables that are useless for the build, or just less DPS increase in general. There is a timeless jewel calculator which makes it pretty easy to find good options.

Do you actually use both life flasks? Second one could be another utility flask. Your tree is mostly standard, but Flask Mastery is a bit odd. You have filled out most of the cluster jewels, but some of those nodes are giving smaller DPS increases than getting Deadly Draw for example. If you get Impossible Escape, some of those cluster jewel nodes would be less valuable than nodes like Farsight. You could also look to change your large cluster jewel to the bow damage jewel as the notables on there are better for DPS, like Martial Prowess.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 10, 2024, 1:32:44 PM
Ack just realized I don't have cold/lightning on hit on any of my gear so i'm not proccing EE. I'm going to have to work on that, although I guess using lightning trap would proc it so its fine for now as most map trash dies super fast anyways.
Last edited by Brian9824 on Jan 10, 2024, 2:08:06 PM
"
Brian9824 wrote:
Ack just realized I don't have cold/lightning on hit on any of my gear so i'm not proccing EE. I'm going to have to work on that, although I guess using lightning trap would proc it so its fine for now as most map trash dies super fast anyways.

Unless you've changed recently and your character hasn't updated, you're getting cold from Hyrri's Ire.
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Brian9824 wrote:

Unless you've changed recently and your character hasn't updated, you're getting cold from Hyrri's Ire.

... I'm just going to go sit in the corner here and put on this pointed cap...
What is everyone doing as far as their Atlas Passives? I'm going to spec into legion but my only concern is being able to unlock all the enemies/chests in the timer due to the delay with the buildup from the arrows
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Taelis wrote:

My 6L in my armor is kinda going to waste but to be honest i dont know what to do with it lol

I'm kinda hoping for more survivability to add to the build but I will take some damage as well. Currently got 12 div banked.

Lethal Pride jewel i keep seeing mentioned but it seems like itd be an absolute nightmare to find the right one.

You need to improve your accuracy so you can reach max fuses and that will be the best way to increase your damage, more on that in a second. If you want to be more tanky, you could go the Divine Flesh/Doppelganger Guise route that Durahal uses. To replace the spell suppress, I would get an Impossible Escape(Precise Technique) and get Entrench. Your charms aren't bad, but if you can work in cover enemies in ash, by either changing current charms or getting That Which Was Taken, you could replace Polaric Devastation and get rings with +accuracy, resists, life, etc. If you decide to go Doppelganger, you'll also want as much chaos res as possible on these rings and may need to rework other gear as well to boost chaos res.

You definitely need to think about what gems you want to be using. Frenzy is useful for bossing (GMP isn't necessary), but Blood Rage is the way to go for mapping. Do you feel like you still need the lifetap linked? Personally I've found it extremely rare to be that low on ES where I didn't have enough to cast flame dash/molten shell/enduring cry. Speaking of, Enduring Cry is a fast way for 12% phys reduction if you're good at keeping endurance charges up and you even have a charm with charge duration. One of the fairly standard links is arcanist brand/flammability/flame surge and that's a pretty significant single target damage increase for you which also lets you get rid of that mediocre flammability on hit ring. I know you want more survivability, but if you replace Defiance Banner with War Banner it would help your accuracy problem and you can always switch it back after you fix your accuracy problem.

Lethal Pride has 2 options that are pretty close in terms of DPS. First is the one everyone mentions, 12824 socketed next to Vigour, and the second is 14043 socketed above Sentinel. The first one doesn't require any changes to your gear, but the second one requires you to have enough spell suppress without Magebane. There are other options which either require you to spec notables that are useless for the build, or just less DPS increase in general. There is a timeless jewel calculator which makes it pretty easy to find good options.

Do you actually use both life flasks? Second one could be another utility flask. Your tree is mostly standard, but Flask Mastery is a bit odd. You have filled out most of the cluster jewels, but some of those nodes are giving smaller DPS increases than getting Deadly Draw for example. If you get Impossible Escape, some of those cluster jewel nodes would be less valuable than nodes like Farsight. You could also look to change your large cluster jewel to the bow damage jewel as the notables on there are better for DPS, like Martial Prowess.

I can definitely remove life tap from everything. I just hadn't gotten around to it.

My accuracy buffed says 83% (73% against evasive) - about how high am i trying to get it?

My body armor generates endurance charges passively, and with duration they never wear out (im always capped at 3)

I use GMP + Frenzy because tbh its easier for me to generate the charges rather than trying to aim stuff but I can look into blood frenzy as well

The second flask along with flask mastery helps make up for some of my personal skill issues on bosses lol. Like for instance in sanctum without those two I will usually get smashed by the last boss during the aoe blood phase or whatever.

Is there an easy way for me to search for either of these lethal prides on POE trade?
"
Taelis wrote:
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Taelis wrote:

I can definitely remove life tap from everything. I just hadn't gotten around to it.

My accuracy buffed says 83% (73% against evasive) - about how high am i trying to get it?

My body armor generates endurance charges passively, and with duration they never wear out (im always capped at 3)

I use GMP + Frenzy because tbh its easier for me to generate the charges rather than trying to aim stuff but I can look into blood frenzy as well

The second flask along with flask mastery helps make up for some of my personal skill issues on bosses lol. Like for instance in sanctum without those two I will usually get smashed by the last boss during the aoe blood phase or whatever.

Is there an easy way for me to search for either of these lethal prides on POE trade?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/bMeare2fL

Keep checking, and i'd set up an alert. I got mine for 3 div, but i think it was underpriced.
"
Taelis wrote:

Not sure if there is a more efficient way, but this is how I searched it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/3oKVnlJI5

Just remember that 14043 requires you to have enough spell suppress without Magebane.

You want your accuracy as close to max as possible without sacrificing damage or defensive mods. PoB has you at 18 fuses with max frenzy charges, all auras, and flasks. Your AS is high enough to hit 22 fuses with better accuracy and that would increase your DPS by about 32%. If you had Impossible Escape(Precise Technique) for Farsight, a bow large cluster jewel with Martial Prowess, and War Banner instead of Defiance Banner, that would raise your hit chance by 12%.

Forgot to mention it the first time, but a quick fix for reaching max fuses is to get a couple increased skill effect duration nodes. It gives your arrows more time to build to max fuses before they explode, but clear speed will go down. You could get a couple of these until you improve your accuracy.

Blood Rage is an easy way to keep frenzy charges for an entire map, but if you don't mind using frenzy then that's fine.

The reason I didn't mention the endurance charge generation of your body armour was because I suggested replacing it with Doppelganger Guise(with Divine Flesh) like Durahal. If you rework your gear to fit Doppelganger and cap your chaos resistance, you'll greatly increase your survivability.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 10, 2024, 3:16:18 PM
"
Brian9824 wrote:
What is everyone doing as far as their Atlas Passives? I'm going to spec into legion but my only concern is being able to unlock all the enemies/chests in the timer due to the delay with the buildup from the arrows

I always go legion, this league its been insane. You won't always get every enemy, especially on big open areas, but that's fine. Strongboxes and shrines go well with this league as well.
"
broodcaladan wrote:
"
Brian9824 wrote:

I always go legion, this league its been insane. You won't always get every enemy, especially on big open areas, but that's fine. Strongboxes and shrines go well with this league as well.

I was gonna do legion - Strongboxes and essence. If i dont like the essence ill look into respeccing into shrines

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAAggDOA2IIGwo9D-wQ4RIqFHcU2hbEF8sYxBtOHlsefR9mH8QkyyaKKSIqhCt-K9cwAzA1MeU0iDSmOY46rzufPl9BjEJzQwhDS0OpSg5N_FA5UYJU8VfjWEVazlvZXcdge2LVZDBkTGZ4Z-lp1XOLc6V0wXT6dsJ3FHiEev17CoAQgGSBD4OUg92EEYdmiBmJz4rRjSmRAJFNkX2RjJIsmeqb2JwrnV6dh5_lrBC2Arcrt8y7KryovNDFAsYzxjjG0MbZznrQotS51WbWW9ce2NDZkNql3E3dF90c3_jjfOX65iboiOqN6tXvrvJM8mXyk_Lo82z0B_h4-Pr6MPr8-y39yf-4AAA=

Was planning this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info