3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
kaktttusikaa3 wrote:
Hello. I'm getting 1 shot pretty often and been experimenting with iron reflexes. But still was getting 1 shot. Generally i felt squishy running deter + grace, only deter, only grace. Any suggestions how to increase survivability?

Taking a quick look, seems like you are negative chaos res still.. is that what is one shotting you? Your max chaos hit is like 5k currently.

Your also short of 100% spell suppression, which opens you up to taking random full damage spell hits.

Also getting a +2 neck also has the side benefit of giving all your auras also +1, which is a nice minor boost.

Personally, going Divine Flesh with Doppelganger Guise made me significantly more tanky feeling.
What should the socketing be for Explosive arrow? Seeing some use ignite proliferation and others using different ones. Going to buy a bow soon so wanted to confirm first
"
Brian9824 wrote:
What should the socketing be for Explosive arrow? Seeing some use ignite proliferation and others using different ones. Going to buy a bow soon so wanted to confirm first

Add some white sockets.

Clearing / Juice Mapping

EA + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Empower + Combustion + Ignite Prolif

Bossing

EA + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Empower + Awakened Burning Damage + Awakened Deadly Ailments

I know, I know, just put Combustion in weapon because who the f will throw traps in maps. Nobody.

Also if you can chill enemies, hypothermia is the best support gem.

If you can prolif through "Fan The Flames" or Gloves Implicit, then drop ignite proflif for Hypothermia

You can also drop Combustion for Hypothermia

A source of Ignite prolif is a must. If you don't ignite prolif, might as well go play some other build.

Never use Deadly ailments for mapping.
Last edited by Akshay on Jan 3, 2024, 4:51:37 AM
Stupid question but how would you get white sockets? Also I was planning to roll ignite proliferation on the gloves
Betrayal Mechanic, you can buy the service in TFT or Trade 820
Ask your friends otherwise

Vorici T3/T4 Research
"
Akshay wrote:

Sorry, but this is just wacky advice. Deadly ailments is the best support gem for EA and the only thing that comes close to it is awakened burning damage at lvl 5+. It used to be a swap out for single target when it was suggested to run ignite prolif as a gem and not an exarch implicit on gloves. Single target is not just about bosses in this league when you can run into a rare with ignite resistance empowered by all 3 wisps.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 3, 2024, 2:22:13 PM
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Akshay wrote:

Sorry, but this is just wacky advice. Deadly ailments is the best support gem for EA and the only thing that comes close to it is awakened burning damage at lvl 5+. It used to be a swap out for single target when it was suggested to run ignite prolif as a gem and not an exarch implicit on gloves. Single target is not just about bosses in this league when you can run into a rare with ignite resistance empowered by all 3 wisps.

ok I should investigate again, why deadly ailments feels off.
probably once you have scaled up ignite, then it should not matter I think.
"
Akshay wrote:

Ah, I couldn't say in your case as I just noticed you're playing EA Raider. A quick glance at your PoB still shows deadly ailments as a great support gem, but can't say why it wouldn't feel that way.
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Akshay wrote:

Ah, I couldn't say in your case as I just noticed you're playing EA Raider. A quick glance at your PoB still shows deadly ailments as a great support gem, but can't say why it wouldn't feel that way.

0 knowledge on Akshay's raider build, but considering the current gem setup on his bow (with deadly ailment on and no elemental damage), as a guy shooting arrows, this might come from the -80% damage from hits. (which doesnt affect us on EAb).
Making dps rely on the ignite, not killing directly with hits.

But yeah I second Dromlin.

For explosive arrow ballista end game (As soon as you can get ignite prolif on the gloves) :

Explosive Arrow
Ballista Totem
(aw) Elemental Damage with Attacks
(aw) Burning Damage
(aw) Deadly Ailments
Lifetap/Empower (depending on mana/build)
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
marcoodevil wrote:
Hello, it's my first time playing path of exile and trying to follow a guide.
I downloaded POB and tried to follow it, but unfortunately i did not know that you can see tree skill for different acts. I had it switched to "End-Game" tab and that's how i assigned my skills in passive skill tree.
On level 38 (start of act 4) I switched to Explosive arrow from fire totems and i can see significant drop in dps. Could it be because my tree is for endgame and it won't work as good with the gems you mention in your notes in act 4?

Is there something i can do to fix it?

Here is POB to my current character: https://pobb.in/FFaLtHEVy9FW

Hey. You should be fine, but you swapped gems so they gotta level a bit.
Also get yourself a Storm Cloud bow and a Skirmish quiver if you can (you can see them in the notes section of the PoB).

Also try to take a look at this guide : https://maxroll.gg/poe/build-guides/explosive-arrow-ballista-elementalist especially levelling/progression sections, this is probably more detailed/easier to follow.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info