3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Durahal wrote:
"

What charms do you guys think are best in slot? I'm currently thinking
-Place two totems instead of 1
-Taunt enemies on hit
-Cover rare/unique enemies on ash on hit
-Whatever charms to fix issues like not enough spell suppression

Charms really depend on what you are opting out of from the rest of your passives or gear.

Like cover in ash is good if you want to drop polaric ring. 15% suppress from a single charm is really strong if you lacking suppress. Onslaught effect is really really powerful. Increased exposure also strong.

Non-choas to chaos and culling are nice to have on tkaen jewle as well.

It really depends what your are opting out of on gear.

Dang, that actually opens up a lot of options. The non-chaos to chaos esp. sounds nice considering my res is like negative 30% right now
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll swap to this once I have enough divs to fund a switch. I'll look into Hyrri's Ire and Atziri's step boots into getting enough spell suppression as well if I'm not capped in that stat as well. I notice in Palsteron's guide he suggests armor + evasion gear, but it seems just pure evasion gear is better for capping out spell suppression?

If you're referring to the mastery, evasion/armor and evasion/shield also work, as long as there is innate evasion on the item.

Oh, I mean like, what's better in terms of gear or does it not matter?

E.g: one armor piece has 1000 evasion, another has 500 armor 500 evasion, are they basically equal in terms of usefulness?
"
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll swap to this once I have enough divs to fund a switch. I'll look into Hyrri's Ire and Atziri's step boots into getting enough spell suppression as well if I'm not capped in that stat as well. I notice in Palsteron's guide he suggests armor + evasion gear, but it seems just pure evasion gear is better for capping out spell suppression?

If you're referring to the mastery, evasion/armor and evasion/shield also work, as long as there is innate evasion on the item.

Oh, I mean like, what's better in terms of gear or does it not matter?

E.g: one armor piece has 1000 evasion, another has 500 armor 500 evasion, are they basically equal in terms of usefulness?

I'll say yes, as people generally will want both evasion and armor on this build (often running grace and determination also). Also, having at least some numbers in each stat is great as it gives a lot (considering diminishing returns etc).
Now, just pick whatever you can, you'll go through many upgrades anyway.
When it comes to defences you want to have layers of different things anyway soo.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 1, 2024, 6:24:52 PM
Hello everybody. I have been enjoying this build for around 2 weeks now, swapping to it from Deadeye LA. After initially following the recommendations pretty closely, I started to deviate a little bit and hope to maybe get some ideas for improvement from the experts here.
After getting a mirror drop from the busted league mechanic, I decided to buy a Mageblood and a quite strong Malevolence Watchers Eye. Sirus was also kind enough to gift me a massive size Thread of Hope but im not quite sure if I could get any use out of it. My gem setup also probably requires some tune-up.

POB: https://pobb.in/SevRlr_4upWb
"
Smoughstein wrote:
Hello everybody. I have been enjoying this build for around 2 weeks now, swapping to it from Deadeye LA. After initially following the recommendations pretty closely, I started to deviate a little bit and hope to maybe get some ideas for improvement from the experts here.
After getting a mirror drop from the busted league mechanic, I decided to buy a Mageblood and a quite strong Malevolence Watchers Eye. Sirus was also kind enough to gift me a massive size Thread of Hope but im not quite sure if I could get any use out of it. My gem setup also probably requires some tune-up.

POB: https://pobb.in/SevRlr_4upWb

Some things to modify in calculations. I think I don't see a frenzy source (might also be blind), and you didn't check the "enemy was hit by cold/lightning damage" boxes. (edit post answer : ofc i'm blind, i'm using blood rage too..)

So i think Pob's at 21M against Pinnacle right now.

One sure thing : remove ignite prolif from bow, put it as implicit on gloves (instead of attack speed), so you can get (awakened) deadly ailments there

Without changing your gear (except curse on hit ring), when it comes to the other gem setups, you could try to remake your 4L setups to :

Enduring Cry (panic button/pot effect)
Lifetap
Molten Shell
Flame Dash

Lightning Spire Trap
Combustion
Lifetap
Blood Rage

Arcanist Brand
Lifetap
Flame Surge
Flammability* (a lot better than the flammability on hit from ring)

Can't cast portal on death anymore, and maybe some more hotkeys, but apart from that, it's a straight 21M to 36M (rounded : dot cap) upgrade.

Your gear is obviously globally great. Considering you're rich, the amulet could be upgraded to a +2

Ex :

Spoiler
Horror Beads
Jade Amulet
Unique ID: 28463ed82939d012081cd295c42b06902e26fb24cfd301e0e24a57e77473d823
Item Level: 83
LevelReq: 65
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Allocates Watchtowers
+30 to Dexterity
{fractured}+26% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+1 to Level of all Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Fire Skill Gems
{crafted}Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}19% increased Fire Damage
{crafted}22% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

-----

Now depending on what you may want to achieve, you can also take a look at anena's character (import from account Anena). It uses devouring diadem, great charms etc.

-----

On a side note, i'm not certain what your goals are, i see you run quant rings right now. If what you're looking for is faster clear, this is not the build for mb, you'd be clearing a lot faster with with a 42% dyadian dawn. I imagine right now you're spending your time backtracking waiting for things to die (?)

(also congratz on the raw mirror, i yet have to find one someday *_* )
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 2, 2024, 10:32:12 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! The source of frenzy charge generation here is Blood Rage, though that obviously will not work against bosses. I also usually swap Ignite Proliferation for Awakened Deadly Ailaments while im fighting Pinnacles.
The MF rings are used in T7 farming with the league mechanic (combined with a Gold Flask); for any other content I usually swap back to Polaric Devastation and the Flammability Ring.
Clear Speed usually is not too much of an issue; I swapped to Mageblood from Dyadian Dawn for some more survivability (those 8k+ wisp enemies are no joke), though it might be a good idea to swap back for bossing. I will also give those gem setups a try, they look quite promising!
The example amulet you provided seems like a pretty great upgrade, I will look into finding one like that.
So i saw this is roughly the updated POB - https://pobb.in/3lcbJjAU36wf

Also what do you think a reasonable budget is to get started with farming. Have around 8 div atm after I sell a few things

Also how well does this perform with Delirium, Breach and Abyss?
Last edited by Brian9824 on Jan 2, 2024, 11:04:32 AM
Hello, it's my first time playing path of exile and trying to follow a guide.
I downloaded POB and tried to follow it, but unfortunately i did not know that you can see tree skill for different acts. I had it switched to "End-Game" tab and that's how i assigned my skills in passive skill tree.
On level 38 (start of act 4) I switched to Explosive arrow from fire totems and i can see significant drop in dps. Could it be because my tree is for endgame and it won't work as good with the gems you mention in your notes in act 4?

Is there something i can do to fix it?

Here is POB to my current character: https://pobb.in/FFaLtHEVy9FW
Item Class: Bows
Rarity: Rare
Morbid Stinger
Thicket Bow
--------
Bow
Quality: +24% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 32-96
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.81 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 76
Str: 75
Dex: 179
Int: 52
--------
Sockets: R-R-R-R-G-G
--------
Item Level: 74
--------
Quality does not increase Physical Damage (enchant)
1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality (enchant)
--------
+18% to Damage over Time Multiplier (fractured)
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
18% increased Attack Speed
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems (crafted)
Gain 14% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage (crafted)
--------
Fractured Item

managed to pick up a nice bow that hugely upped my dps
Hello. I'm getting 1 shot pretty often and been experimenting with iron reflexes. But still was getting 1 shot. Generally i felt squishy running deter + grace, only deter, only grace. Any suggestions how to increase survivability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info