3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Otsukimi wrote:
Looking for any advice as to which upgrades I should prioritize from this point on, or if there are any glaring issues with my gear that I may have overlooked or am unaware with. Any input would be appreciated... working towards awakened skill gems for the time being.

https://pobb.in/QcMKLgmVSP96

Hey. I've taken a look too. I'll support everything Dromlin said as well, that 70% hit chance is a big issue right now. I see you're even using war banner right now to help with that. God, you even went with the 15% implicit on gloves, nice.

You're level 91 so there's a few points to get, 4 points enable mortifying aspect small cluster jewel to get more mana res efficiency and socket precision, as Dromlin already said. If you can get one with fire res and/or chaos res, will help with fixing, maybe even be able to remove the fire resistance node on top of your watcher's eye to already eco that point. (ok we can just fix the fire res another way, see below*

That eco point could be allocated bottom of the tree, duelist area, to get a 12824 lethal pride for several millions damage.

Of course, flammability on hit ring to replace and get the 4L setup instead for more damage.

The spell suppression is also a big big big issue, that value has to be 100.
Hyrri's ire is your best friend, you'll be at 94% suppression with it instead of your current 72%. Plus it will give you some more damage and fortunately won't affect your cold and lightning resists as you're overcapped. Maybe find/craft better boots with high spell suppress on it so we're at 100%. I've upgraded that boots stat on the PoB i'll share when i'm done. (so boots with : lightning res (unless you've another way to fix the stat), high spell suppress, ms and whatever you like on it.

I've messed a bit with your gem/links setups, proposition will be in the PoB below (along with other modifications i've proposed).

Considering flammbility is now on your gem setups, i lazily suggest a taming ring* to replace the previous curse on hit ring (unless you craft/buy a better rare ring than that). Went with the taming cause it was fast for me, gives damage and didn't mess with your resists.

There's a discussion regarding guard skills but it's not a big issue. You may wanna try steelskin on your movement click instead of molten shell. An advantage to it is that it also grants bleeding immunity (and i think it actually tanks more than your molten shell. Well now it doesnt grand bonus armour, so whatever you prefer. I like molten shell more with cwdt but since we're low on free sockets...

On a side note : Quality your gems è_é
I haven't replaced the elem damage gem with awakened as i know it can be real expensive, nice to have, not a priority.
21/20q explosive arrow is a far superior priority to that, i modified it. Even a 21/0 for now since you don't reach the fuse cap (maybe there are some for a low price on the market, maybe not).

Didn't mess with the flasks, only with chaos res one cause you had freeze imm on it and already have it on quicksilver so let's replace that amethyst flask with a cheap nice 8% elem damage as extra chaos damage atziri's promise for a 7% dps boost cause why not.

Also didn't mess with charms, Dromlin already told you about covered in ash thingy, being able to replace polaric devastation etc. Since i don't play the league i'm not going into charm stuff that i know nothing about.

I've also taken the liberty of removing widespread destruction to get heavy draw instead (more damage), but you can just remove it for now to get better things (i've assumed you'd be 95 in the PoB i've modified).
Edit : no, let's take the dot mastery that Dromlin mentioned instead, i'm blind. Let's say you're level 94 then.

Alright, now we've taken the tour, my proposition for your next PoB, sir :

https://pobb.in/98Dj6ExRPQKj

Don't be scared with the dps, it's set on ubers.

Haven't messed with devouring diadem either (lots of things to reconsider...) but Dromlin mentioned it, take a look if you can, it's interesting and indeed gives flexibility with gems/links.

PS :

"
if Headtourist adds any suggestions I would definitely follow them.

I'm blushing, Dromlin ^^'

I appreciate the in depth responses, from both of you.

I've swapped back to my Hyrri's and made a few adjustments - will adjust my tree as I get the next few levels that I need. I've swapped out some of my links and running precision with a much better accuracy rating and a noticeable improvement with single target damage... Will keep my eye out for the Lethal Pride.

Upgraded my main gems and qualitied what I could afford at the moment, will work towards that as well.

Ignore the low level gems as I'm working on finding quality gems

https://pobb.in/VnNDB9dbxo5L

Thanks for the feedback.
"
Otsukimi wrote:
I appreciate the in depth responses, from both of you.

I've swapped back to my Hyrri's and made a few adjustments - will adjust my tree as I get the next few levels that I need. I've swapped out some of my links and running precision with a much better accuracy rating and a noticeable improvement with single target damage... Will keep my eye out for the Lethal Pride.

Upgraded my main gems and qualitied what I could afford at the moment, will work towards that as well.

Ignore the low level gems as I'm working on finding quality gems

https://pobb.in/VnNDB9dbxo5L

Thanks for the feedback.

3 times the dps in no time :D Nice !
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Dec 31, 2023, 1:18:11 PM
Hi, do you guys prefer this version or Palsteron's? I'm currently playing Palsteron's and I'm just starting yellow maps, but I'm dying a lot. Capped resistances, 4.2k life, and I have a 6L +2 bow at the moment. (Luckily got the bow early, but even the campaign/white maps didn't feel that smooth)

Do you guys have any tips for gearing/uniques to use as far as this league goes? I'm looking at various items mentioned in this thread, but I'm not sure how they'll fit into my build.

I recall playing Legion a few years back, and the game was a lot easier. I pretty much never died and easily cleared content with a 4L, but for some reason, I feel super weak with a 6L on this character.

Atm my next upgrade is getting two jewels (attack speed and life), since that's a reasonably cheap upgrade (2c).
Last edited by marixalijustice on Dec 31, 2023, 10:50:32 PM
"
Hi, do you guys prefer this version or Palsteron's? I'm currently playing Palsteron's and I'm just starting yellow maps, but I'm dying a lot. Capped resistances, 4.2k life, and I have a 6L +2 bow at the moment. (Luckily got the bow early, but even the campaign/white maps didn't feel that smooth)

This build can be built to be very tanky.
Although most Discussion here is focussed on max DPS, Glasscannon builds with 3k life, the tankier Version perform much better ingame. (Doesnt look so cool on PoB though, as you'r sacrificing some DPS)

1, Go Warden: (switch to Primalist only once you got very good gear and 3x Awesome Charms)

-Barkskin is awesome and criminally underrated. Fits the Build perfectly, and you can exactly fit Barkskin+Determination+Grace for a good def Baseline.
-The free extra 50% Res all makes Gearing a lot easier.

2, Once you can afford it, get a cheap Defiance of Destiny. Even the low rolled ones already make you invincible in White/Yellow maps. That's better than an extra 15% DPS.

How dies Defiance of Destiny Work here?

We'r already pretty ok on Armor..not great..but ok-ish.
With Barkskin we'll be sitting at 8-10 Bark most of time.
That adds another +150% Armor on top, and -150 Physical Dmg taken.
-> Big hits taken get turned into small/medium ones.

And Each Time an enemy hits us we'r insta-healed by 40% of life missing before taking the dmg.
That leads to Enemy hits actually healing us.

Last edited by Schejian on Jan 1, 2024, 5:30:41 AM
"

Do you guys have any tips for gearing/uniques to use as far as this league goes? I'm looking at various items mentioned in this thread, but I'm not sure how they'll fit into my build.

I recall playing Legion a few years back, and the game was a lot easier. I pretty much never died and easily cleared content with a 4L, but for some reason, I feel super weak with a 6L on this character.

Atm my next upgrade is getting two jewels (attack speed and life), since that's a reasonably cheap upgrade (2c).

This build is more an "end game version" of EA.b, when Palsteron's guide on maxroll is great for levelling. Brunowa even mentioned his guide on the very first page (before maxroll).

I wasn't there for legion so I can't really say about difficulty, now there have been changes since, rework of evasion i think and spell suppression was introduced too.

From the wiki :

"
Spell suppression is considered a damage taken modifier, and applies after resistances, armour, and physical damage reduction.
Spell suppression applies before stuns or block.
By default, 50% of damage from hits and ailments (Ignite, Poison, Bleed) of suppressed spells is prevented.

The game is balanced around having spell suppression at 100%, just like you wanna have your (elem) resistances at 75%.

So you'll have to consider this when it comes to building your layers of defence.
Magebane, Reflexes, Evasion mastery +15% if body/gloves/helmet/boots got evasion will boost that stat by more than 40%, with 4 points in the tree. (and a boots replacement)
With a hyrri's ire (giving 30%) you should be capped. A regular non corrupted hyrri's ire is about 10c on trade.

Can't really give advice about levelling, it was really smooth, constant progression when i levelled my char, only remember using skirmish quiver and a stormcloud bow till level 85ish, when i was able to upgrade. Probably a tabula too that i swapped for a random corrupted 6L with the colors i wanted, before upgrading for hyrri's later.

Edit : Ah yes i was also using atziri's step boots back then to fix my suppression. Great boots unless you need resists.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 1, 2024, 7:18:33 AM
Hi! Currently enjoying this build. However, is this build suitable for doing blight maps? Thanks!
"
Schejian wrote:
"

This build can be built to be very tanky.
Although most Discussion here is focussed on max DPS, Glasscannon builds with 3k life, the tankier Version perform much better ingame. (Doesnt look so cool on PoB though, as you'r sacrificing some DPS)

1, Go Warden: (switch to Primalist only once you got very good gear and 3x Awesome Charms)

-Barkskin is awesome and criminally underrated. Fits the Build perfectly, and you can exactly fit Barkskin+Determination+Grace for a good def Baseline.
-The free extra 50% Res all makes Gearing a lot easier.

2, Once you can afford it, get a cheap Defiance of Destiny. Even the low rolled ones already make you invincible in White/Yellow maps. That's better than an extra 15% DPS.

How dies Defiance of Destiny Work here?

We'r already pretty ok on Armor..not great..but ok-ish.
With Barkskin we'll be sitting at 8-10 Bark most of time.
That adds another +150% Armor on top, and -150 Physical Dmg taken.
-> Big hits taken get turned into small/medium ones.

And Each Time an enemy hits us we'r insta-healed by 40% of life missing before taking the dmg.
That leads to Enemy hits actually healing us.

Is Defiance of Destiny good for red maps and beyond too? I looked at your character and your gear is sick! I guess that's what I'll aspire towards. I realize I'm probably dying because

1. I don't have 100% spell suppression (should aim to get this at all costs)
2. My gear pieces need armor/evasion rather than random stats (Is pure evasion or armor/evasion better?)
3. More life on every piece of gear, aim for 4.5k-5k life
4. I bought a cheap +1 gem levels amulet, but I think defiance of destiny is better so I'll try to get one of those.

Should I drop defiance banner and precision for barkskin, and is barkskin good for end game? It does sound super strong tank-wise. I'm honestly really tired of dying in the Wildwood haha. Thanks for the answers!!

I think I'll switch to Warden too, since I don't really need that many gems. I'm thinking of keeping:
1. Keep EA 6 link
2. Drop frenzy 4L to 2L (remove culling strike and life gain on hit)
3. Determination, Grace, Barkskin over Determination, Grace, Precision, Defiance Banner
4. Keep the whole arcanist brand/flame surge/flammability and combustion/lightning spire trap stuff
5. Keep flame dash
6. Remove lightning golem until I get space for it, upgrade my chest piece to 6 sockets so it can hold the gems I need

This way I could probably keep my helmet empty of gems for the +50% resistances.

I actually just bought a new helmet/chest piece to replace my really old bad ones, but sadly I think Hyrri's ire is better than the chest piece. So I'll see if it's better to lean into that instead
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 1, 2024, 4:14:58 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"

This build is more an "end game version" of EA.b, when Palsteron's guide on maxroll is great for levelling. Brunowa even mentioned his guide on the very first page (before maxroll).

I wasn't there for legion so I can't really say about difficulty, now there have been changes since, rework of evasion i think and spell suppression was introduced too.

From the wiki :

"
Spell suppression is considered a damage taken modifier, and applies after resistances, armour, and physical damage reduction.
Spell suppression applies before stuns or block.
By default, 50% of damage from hits and ailments (Ignite, Poison, Bleed) of suppressed spells is prevented.

The game is balanced around having spell suppression at 100%, just like you wanna have your (elem) resistances at 75%.

So you'll have to consider this when it comes to building your layers of defence.
Magebane, Reflexes, Evasion mastery +15% if body/gloves/helmet/boots got evasion will boost that stat by more than 40%, with 4 points in the tree. (and a boots replacement)
With a hyrri's ire (giving 30%) you should be capped. A regular non corrupted hyrri's ire is about 10c on trade.

Can't really give advice about levelling, it was really smooth, constant progression when i levelled my char, only remember using skirmish quiver and a stormcloud bow till level 85ish, when i was able to upgrade. Probably a tabula too that i swapped for a random corrupted 6L with the colors i wanted, before upgrading for hyrri's later.

Edit : Ah yes i was also using atziri's step boots back then to fix my suppression. Great boots unless you need resists.

Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll swap to this once I have enough divs to fund a switch. I'll look into Hyrri's Ire and Atziri's step boots into getting enough spell suppression as well if I'm not capped in that stat as well. I notice in Palsteron's guide he suggests armor + evasion gear, but it seems just pure evasion gear is better for capping out spell suppression?

What charms do you guys think are best in slot? I'm currently thinking
-Place two totems instead of 1
-Taunt enemies on hit
-Cover rare/unique enemies on ash on hit
-Whatever charms to fix issues like not enough spell suppression
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 1, 2024, 4:04:23 PM
"

What charms do you guys think are best in slot? I'm currently thinking
-Place two totems instead of 1
-Taunt enemies on hit
-Cover rare/unique enemies on ash on hit
-Whatever charms to fix issues like not enough spell suppression

Charms really depend on what you are opting out of from the rest of your passives or gear.

Like cover in ash is good if you want to drop polaric ring. 15% suppress from a single charm is really strong if you lacking suppress. Onslaught effect is really really powerful. Increased exposure also strong.

Non-choas to chaos and culling are nice to have on tkaen jewle as well.

It really depends what your are opting out of on gear.
"
Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll swap to this once I have enough divs to fund a switch. I'll look into Hyrri's Ire and Atziri's step boots into getting enough spell suppression as well if I'm not capped in that stat as well. I notice in Palsteron's guide he suggests armor + evasion gear, but it seems just pure evasion gear is better for capping out spell suppression?

If you're referring to the mastery, evasion/armor and evasion/shield also work, as long as there is innate evasion on the item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info