3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Hi guys, thanks to your help I'm running t14-t16 maps now, the only issue is that I'm still dying occasionally in wisped up T16 maps.

I have a few questions in regards to cluster jewels:

1. For large cluster jewels, is corrosive elements worth it (to replace elemental equilibrium)? Since in the future, I'm assuming we'd get exposure on our gloves either way, making that kind of pointless.
2. Is 2% attack speed and 10% elemental damage better than 12% fire damage?
3. For medium cluster, I'm assuming it's attack speed and cast speed one > the hinder one > the reach one
4. Once I have 100% spell suppression, capped resistances, 0% chaos resistance, 100% accuracy, and a +3 bow, what's next?
5. I'm thinking of once I hit the medium cluster onslaught jewel, I'm going to get 3 40% increased onslaught effect charms to go faster, and just get summon 2 sentries/taunt somewhere else

I recently bought a unnatural instinct, looking to buy a defiance of destiny and polaric devastation now

EDIT: Nvm, corrosive elements is pretty bad, only -10% exposure while EE is -25%.
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 4, 2024, 10:51:44 PM
"
Hi guys, thanks to your help I'm running t14-t16 maps now, the only issue is that I'm still dying occasionally in wisped up T16 maps.

1. For large cluster jewels, is corrosive elements worth it (to replace elemental equilibrium)? Since in the future, I'm assuming we'd get exposure on our gloves either way, making that kind of pointless.
3. For medium cluster, I'm assuming it's attack speed and cast speed one > the hinder one > the reach one
4. Once I have 100% spell suppression, capped resistances, 0% chaos resistance, 100% accuracy, and a +3 bow, what's next?
5. I'm thinking of once I hit the medium cluster onslaught jewel, I'm going to get 3 40% increased onslaught effect charms to go faster, and just get summon 2 sentries/taunt somewhere else

I recently bought a unnatural instinct, looking to buy a defiance of destiny and polaric devastation now

EDIT: Nvm, corrosive elements is pretty bad, only -10% exposure while EE is -25%.

1. You already realized that EE is the best way to inflict exposure. Remember that you can only inflict one exposure at a time and the highest always takes effect. The only way to increase this is modifiers that say applies extra -% resistance.

2. AS is almost always more useful unless it's already crazy high. The higher the AS the more fuses you potentially have and the less dependent you are on capping accuracy and increased skill effect duration. Any elemental/fire damage increases are pretty minor compared to AS, accuracy if not capped, DoT multi, or ailments inflict damage faster.

3. Hard to say without knowing your exact config, but Ancestral Echo, Sleepless Sentries, Blowback, Flow of Life, Wasting Affliction, and Circling Oblivion are good notables regardless.

4. Can always go for more chaos res. Have a +2 amulet with DoT multi already? If you have money to spend, take a look at Anena's PoB for a guideline on where you can improve damage.

5. If that's what you're thinking, then you'd probably want to get a That Which Was Taken with totems taunt and ash on rare/unique on hit. Definitely get a charm or the jewel I just mentioned with the ash and save yourself the money and ring slot not getting Polaric Devastation.
Hi, sorry if this has been asked already. As of now, the divergent and anomalous gems have been removed in Affliction. Is it okay to just use the normal or awakened versions instead?
"
Dromlin wrote:
"

1. You already realized that EE is the best way to inflict exposure. Remember that you can only inflict one exposure at a time and the highest always takes effect. The only way to increase this is modifiers that say applies extra -% resistance.

2. AS is almost always more useful unless it's already crazy high. The higher the AS the more fuses you potentially have and the less dependent you are on capping accuracy and increased skill effect duration. Any elemental/fire damage increases are pretty minor compared to AS, accuracy if not capped, DoT multi, or ailments inflict damage faster.

3. Hard to say without knowing your exact config, but Ancestral Echo, Sleepless Sentries, Blowback, Flow of Life, Wasting Affliction, and Circling Oblivion are good notables regardless.

4. Can always go for more chaos res. Have a +2 amulet with DoT multi already? If you have money to spend, take a look at Anena's PoB for a guideline on where you can improve damage.

5. If that's what you're thinking, then you'd probably want to get a That Which Was Taken with totems taunt and ash on rare/unique on hit. Definitely get a charm or the jewel I just mentioned with the ash and save yourself the money and ring slot not getting Polaric Devastation.

1. So confirmed for large cluster, corrosive elements is the worst modifier at 15% increased damage (while the others are 25%). I'll stick to EE since it's the best source of exposure
2. I see. Since we already have like 600-800% increased damage but not that much increased attack speed, I'm assuming something like 10% attack speed is more valuable than 20% damage.
3. I see, I'll look into those notables you've mentioned since I've only been considering the 3 I've mentioned. Circling Oblivion (25% increased damage), Wasting Affliction (20% increased damage 5% faster), Flow of Life (24% increased damage 4% maximum life), Blowback (deal damage 8% faster) all seem great as well. My account is marixalijustice if you want to check out my pob!
4. The +2 amulet is like a dozen divines, I'm nowhere near that so I'm settling for an average Defiance of Destiny at the moment. I'll check Anena's PoB! I was following someone's advice and trying Barkskin + Defiance for survival because I'm pretty squishy.
5. I was thinking of using the skill tree node for 30% chance to summon 2 totems and taunt on summon, but I'm not entirely sure now haha. At the moment I'm running a summon two totems charm and a ash on hit charm. I'll look into That Which Was Taken, thank you.

I'll probably check out ignite proliferation on gloves as well, hopefully it isn't too expensive

I also have an absurd amount of resistances besides chaos (-33% now), like 170% cold 120% fire 120% lightning or something like that that I need to lower in return for other stats haha...

For amulet annoints, is watchtowers recommended to save those 3 skill points or is something like deadly draw?
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jan 5, 2024, 1:52:25 AM
"

I'll probably check out ignite proliferation on gloves as well, hopefully it isn't too expensive

I also have an absurd amount of resistances besides chaos (-33% now), like 170% cold 120% fire 120% lightning or something like that that I need to lower in return for other stats haha...

For amulet annoints, is watchtowers recommended to save those 3 skill points or is something like deadly draw?

A few things that I saw quickly :

Put ignite prolif on gloves as soon as you can (eldritch implicit, not costly), so you can replace ignite prolif gem (burning damage).

Remove everything on the (palsterony/levelling) tree that's on the right of EE and anoint watchtowers indeed.
That's something like 20 points to reallocate (ideally some of them in cluster setup). Other suggestions meanwhile : Fire mastery exposure, Dirty Techniques, Heavy Draw, or even Farsight, Brutality, exceptional performance/duration dot mastery (considering the very low fuse count).

Re-cap your spell suppression (77 without right side of the tree) : magebane for 12%, and probably hyrri's ire chest armor. I think you're on a 4L chest right now, so the swap should only be a few chaos orbs.

I also suppose your main goal in terms of items if the bow craft. Something like 30%+ dps increase there.

Catalyst your belt to go from 35 to 42.

Polaric devastation depending on the price (note that people replace it for a charm with the covered in ash effect later on).

A devoto's helmet could help a bit with attack speed, chaos res, overall defences, at the cost of having to fix lightning res. For example, there's a +18% lightning res node for 1 point above Sentinel (you'll probably go for the jewel socket above later anyway)

You'll adapt your resists when upgrading gear/tree, dw.

(doing most of this, you're looking at 3x/4x your current output)
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 5, 2024, 5:09:34 AM
If you have ignite prolif on the gloves what sockets are we looking for? Now i have a 4r1b1g bow and to reroll it would be very risky.. I think vorici calculator says i need soomething on the order of 9k chromes for 1g5r.. So what do i do with this blue socket now? lol
"
Taelis wrote:
If you have ignite prolif on the gloves what sockets are we looking for? Now i have a 4r1b1g bow and to reroll it would be very risky.. I think vorici calculator says i need soomething on the order of 9k chromes for 1g5r.. So what do i do with this blue socket now? lol

4R2G :

"
Headtourist wrote:

For explosive arrow ballista end game (As soon as you can get ignite prolif on the gloves) :

Explosive Arrow
Ballista Totem
(aw) Elemental Damage with Attacks
(aw) Burning Damage
(aw) Deadly Ailments
Lifetap/Empower (depending on mana/build)

Edit : Faster :d
Edit2 : Ok, faster but less detailed.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 5, 2024, 11:37:19 AM
"
Taelis wrote:

4r2g is the way to go now. EA/Deadly ailments are green, elemental damage with attacks, burning damage, ballista totem, and lifetap or empower are red. Assuming you already have it linked and don't want to link it again, vorici calc gives an avg cost of 754 chromes with the 3R bench craft. If you farm syndicate and have Vorici you could try to get lucky and hit white on that blue socket. Cheapest option is probably the 3R bench craft.

*Shakes fist at Headtourist*
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 5, 2024, 11:33:22 AM
Hey enjoying the build.

Could need some advice on how to upgrade the build a little more.

https://pobb.in/xkIQ9_lVxI_W

I have pretty much 2 empty sockets. Lightning Golem dies all the time and on the chest setup idk what else to fit in there. Was thinking about to get rid of polaric but idk.

Appreciate the feedback
"
_SéT_ wrote:
Hey enjoying the build.

Could need some advice on how to upgrade the build a little more.

https://pobb.in/xkIQ9_lVxI_W

I have pretty much 2 empty sockets. Lightning Golem dies all the time and on the chest setup idk what else to fit in there. Was thinking about to get rid of polaric but idk.

Appreciate the feedback

Hey. Glanced at the PoB.
You could indeed use a charm to get the enemies covered in ashes instead of polaric devastation, and get something better there then.

Hyrri's Ire is a a straight upgrade (minus the +1% max chaos res). Also you are not currently spell suppression capped !!! Get hyrri's whenever you can.

Lethel pride 12824 on duelist area instead of watcher's eye.
Then replace your Loath Sliver jewel with that watcher's eye.

There's something like a 20% damage improvement using a real flammability. BUT, this would probably mean remove culling strike (so "lose 10%" from low life enemies). Would allow to get a better ring too. (also accuracy on it would help a lot)

Lightning golem indeed becomes useless "late game" as it will just keep dying.
Remove the golems. I would tell you to get lifetap and enduring cry instead of these two, but considering your MB, not sure enduring cry would help a lot there.

I assume there's something with your auras (precision not 20 right now ?), as the mana reservation is negative on the PoB. Also you could get that enlighten 4 instead of 3.

The corvine charm is useless (or there's something i'm missing). Same with the inquisitor's ursine charm. So there is definitely room for charm upgrades. Unfortunetaly not playing the league, can't help you much (apart from the one i mentioned (chance to cover enemies in ash)

If you have a button that's not used right now (i would guess so), you could replace grace with vaal grace, to use the vaal skill as a panic button or something, sometimes.

Replace frenzy with blood rage, so you don't have to stop and fire some arrows as you'll "passively" get attack speed + chance for frenzy charge on kill.

IMPORTANT : REMOVE THE GLOVE EXPOSURE IMPLICIT ITS USELESS, YOU HAVE EE. Get something like accuracy implicit instead (you really need more accuracy)

IMPORTANT : YOU HAVE ADDED FIRE ON YOUR GLVOES. BURN THESE GLOVES AND BUY PROPER ONES :D (right now you would have to check the "enemy was hit by fire damage" box, and it really hurts a lot)
Spell suppression like the ones you have, but maybe attack speed, accuracy

Tree looks fine otherwise, there may be 2 points to remove from Ironwood if you can spare 2 physical adamage reduction points. Also the two points for widespread destruction are not the best (even heavy draw would be better allocation for these 2 points.
Let's say we now have 4 points available, what would i do... I suppose the best choice is weathered hunter nodes until you fix your accuracy.

Not going into flasks of belt, as your build relies heavily on these two things. Not going into the bow either as the improvement to a "regular bow" doesnt seem this significant due to the high (is that t2 ?) lightning damage modifier.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 5, 2024, 4:03:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info