3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

3.23 POB? I only see the 3.21 and since I believe the skill tree was edited it looks like some nodes are missing
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Vampz wrote:
Thank you. Im Sc, went elementalist and loving it so far.

Another question if u dont mind.

Been reading the guide and comments to understand the scaling and little things about end game tunning.

In the end game pob i dont see anything that applies fire exposure but i see some exposure nodes taken. No wave of convicion in skills pob.

what am i missing? Is it only Elemental Equilibrium?
~
Cheers

Hey. Yes, elemental equilibrium inflicts an exposure for -25 to resistances
Then another -25 from mastermind of discord.
And another -5 from fire mastery.

So EE gives us a -55 exposure.

Other exposure sources don't stack and are inferior to EE.

I see, thank you.

I havent played since they reworked EE. From my understanding i shoudl not have any + fire damage on my gear.

BUT, shoudl i have some + cold dmg AND + light dmg?

Or do i only need either + cold dmg OR + light dmg?

Isnt it better if i have both cold and light?

Another question I ve is, I don’t see ignite prolif on gem setup for end game and I don’t see it anywhere. What am I missing ? Where do we get it from?

Also, if using life tap, where do we get the life regen to offset it?

Sorry for all the questions, been away for a while and never played this build before.

Thank you so much for helping.
Last edited by Vampz on Dec 18, 2023, 5:52:28 AM
"
Inferna1_ wrote:
3.23 POB? I only see the 3.21 and since I believe the skill tree was edited it looks like some nodes are missing

It should be pretty much the same. There might be the totem mastery granting taunt that is missing but otherwise not much change.

"
Vampz wrote:
I havent played since they reworked EE. From my understanding i shoudl not have any + fire damage on my gear.

Another question I ve is, I don’t see ignite prolif on gem setup for end game and I don’t see it anywhere. What am I missing ? Where do we get it from?

Sorry for all the questions, been away for a while and never played this build before.

About EE :

"
We use elemental equilibrium to apply fire exposure to enemies.
This implies : not having any source of added fire damage on the build, and having at least 1 source of added lightning and/or cold damage. Nothing to do with ancestral bond, as the totems will have that added cold/lightning damage, so their initial hits will trigger EE and give the exposure.

Trap etc would be in the case we were lacking this source.

Also this cold/lightning damage counts when it comes to the explosion part of explosive arrow, enhancing it.

About ignite proliferation :

We use the glove implicit from eldritch currency to get "Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of X", that does the same job.

About lifetap :

Well, it depends on anyone's setup. I used to have some flat life regen on gear + a life flask granting charges when hit. There's also some nodes on the tree like profane chemistry, flask mastery, even entrench if you go for Impossible Escape Jewel with Precise Technique
I also used to play with Hired Killer, cause I could, but most people didn't take it (also not sure how it is to get to level 100 now).

General :

Just in case, sharing my PoB, from 3.21 though, we had crucible trees back then so there are things you can't currently do (like having lifetap on the weapon rather than on a gem). Also i think i swapped a flask or 2 when character went to standard.
I updated the tree when they removed taunt on totems, to allocate the skill point somewhere else.

https://pobb.in/2ocaJYDa6NaV
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Dec 18, 2023, 6:25:04 AM
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

Have to check how life tap feels and how to make the life loss easily manageable.
Hey guys, I'd like to have your advice on my character.

Just bought a devouring diadem, will probably buy an enlighten today to sort out the rest of my gems and add a defiance banner, probably annoint charisma and remove the points leading to that node.

Issue is I feel realy squishy compared to previous leagues (even without buffing map with wisps).

I got close to no chaos res and I'm not ailment immune.

My resistance are way to high so I could trade that for some chaos res.

Would you also run purity of elements instead of malevolence?

Thanks for your help!
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Inferna1_ wrote:

It should be pretty much the same. There might be the totem mastery granting taunt that is missing but otherwise not much change.

"
Vampz wrote:

About EE :

"
We use elemental equilibrium to apply fire exposure to enemies.
This implies : not having any source of added fire damage on the build, and having at least 1 source of added lightning and/or cold damage. Nothing to do with ancestral bond, as the totems will have that added cold/lightning damage, so their initial hits will trigger EE and give the exposure.

Trap etc would be in the case we were lacking this source.

Also this cold/lightning damage counts when it comes to the explosion part of explosive arrow, enhancing it.

About ignite proliferation :

We use the glove implicit from eldritch currency to get "Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of X", that does the same job.

About lifetap :

Well, it depends on anyone's setup. I used to have some flat life regen on gear + a life flask granting charges when hit. There's also some nodes on the tree like profane chemistry, flask mastery, even entrench if you go for Impossible Escape Jewel with Precise Technique
I also used to play with Hired Killer, cause I could, but most people didn't take it (also not sure how it is to get to level 100 now).

General :

Just in case, sharing my PoB, from 3.21 though, we had crucible trees back then so there are things you can't currently do (like having lifetap on the weapon rather than on a gem). Also i think i swapped a flask or 2 when character went to standard.
I updated the tree when they removed taunt on totems, to allocate the skill point somewhere else.

https://pobb.in/2ocaJYDa6NaV

Do you have a leveling guide? I don't know what uniques to take.
"
mrlou wrote:
Hey guys, I'd like to have your advice on my character.

Just bought a devouring diadem, will probably buy an enlighten today to sort out the rest of my gems and add a defiance banner, probably annoint charisma and remove the points leading to that node.

Issue is I feel realy squishy compared to previous leagues (even without buffing map with wisps).

I got close to no chaos res and I'm not ailment immune.

My resistance are way to high so I could trade that for some chaos res.

Would you also run purity of elements instead of malevolence?

Thanks for your help!

I used to run both (but didnt run determination).
Now to answer your question, only depends on your preferences. I do enjoy running purity of elements, lots of res, ailment immunity and possible chaos res from jewel.
Never used the diadem nor charisma, why wouldnt you anoint watchtowers ? There's more points to get removing that part of the tree. Unless you really wanna keep herbalism.

"
troutmix wrote:
Do you have a leveling guide? I don't know what uniques to take.

For levelling, you could follow Palsteron's guide : https://maxroll.gg/poe/build-guides/explosive-arrow-ballista-elementalist

Good levelling uniques would be skirmish quiver and a storm cloud bow (you can use them to level 80+, as far as i know).
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Dec 18, 2023, 10:04:29 AM
hey guys, so i see polaric devastation is in the build, where it says cover enemies in ash, is that your totems doing it? how about a charm that covers enemies in ash? i understand its a low chance but they are cheap!
Is there a good leveling loot filter for EA? Cant seem to track one down.
Does the charm that freezes enemies work with this build as an additional defensive layer?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info