3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Troggy98 wrote:
I just crafted a +3 gem bow with with T2 elemental damage with attacks, t3 IAS and fire dot multi. I had been using a quill rain up until this point.

The difference in damage is negligible, in fact i'd argue the clear is significantly worse. Quill Rain is able to maximize the per arrow multipliers and it just seems to be better overall damage.

I feel like i wasted 20 ex

That's a fundamental truth here. Everyone should read this.
QuillRain will reach 20Fuses without any further investments.

And Fuses are just so fricking important for us that QuillRain will beat out most +3 Bows, if your APS is "low"

You need to invest (heavily) into Attackspeed to finally let the +3 Pull ahead.

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 17, 2022, 3:06:29 AM
Quill rain is great. No problem for mapping and clear.

The difference will be very noticeable on end-game bosses though. Your ignites will be much weaker.

But until then, quill rain is great. And in saying that you can do all content with quill rain. It will just be significantly outperformed at top end.
Does "fan of the flames" from cluster jewel work for profilation? Does anyone know?
And again, hello everyone. I tried the coс version, I didn't like dying in general... I decided to return to the ballista. Now I have this equipment. At the moment there are 4 ex. Where is the best place to invest them? And how should I possibly change my tree?

Thanks!
"
Schejian wrote:
"
Troggy98 wrote:
I just crafted a +3 gem bow with with T2 elemental damage with attacks, t3 IAS and fire dot multi. I had been using a quill rain up until this point.

The difference in damage is negligible, in fact i'd argue the clear is significantly worse. Quill Rain is able to maximize the per arrow multipliers and it just seems to be better overall damage.

I feel like i wasted 20 ex

That's a fundamental truth here. Everyone should read this.
QuillRain will reach 20Fuses without any further investments.

And Fuses are just so fricking important for us that QuillRain will beat out most +3 Bows, if your APS is "low"

You need to invest (heavily) into Attackspeed to finally let the +3 Pull ahead.

If you are at like 2.4 atk speed is it worth getting quill rain and drop the atk speed on items to pump more damage over time multiplier? Or stay like this? PoB looks really weird for me when I put Quill Rain my dmg drops significantly.
"
velvetpaws12 wrote:

If you are at like 2.4 atk speed is it worth getting quill rain and drop the atk speed on items to pump more damage over time multiplier? Or stay like this? PoB looks really weird for me when I put Quill Rain my dmg drops significantly.

You can just set the Fuses to the amount you are reliably getting and compare that DPS to the DPS you do with QuillRain and 20Fuses (Quillrain pretty much guarantees you are always getting 20fuses).

At 2,4APS you are already pretty good, so the +3 will be better by a bunch.
Last edited by Schejian on Feb 17, 2022, 9:52:35 AM
Hi There,

First time playing this build and really lovin it!!

Now i'm stuck in the middle between clear speed and survivability.

The clear speed is still decent so far (at least for me).
But i'm thin like a paper. Also, arcanist brand + Flame surge is not working. Don't know why though. Would you please help suggest on what's next for upgrade. Thanks!!

Here's my build so far~
https://pastebin.com/q7t0ghAR
Hello,
seeing this aps discussion i wonder ... do i understand something wrong ... i have a +3 bow, and with some aps on quiver is see this in hideout ( no frenzy charges, no onslaught )

I guess this is fine @3.14 ?
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hello,
seeing this aps discussion i wonder ... do i understand something wrong ... i have a +3 bow, and with some aps on quiver is see this in hideout ( no frenzy charges, no onslaught )

Did you select Explosive Arrow in the list at the top?
El Psy Kongroo.
Last edited by Zimtdrop on Feb 17, 2022, 2:40:30 PM
"
Zimtdrop wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hello,

Did you select Explosive Arrow in the list at the top?

well ... this screenshot is not from pob but in-game :)

i did not check my build at all in pob, yet tbh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info