3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Thanks very much for all the advice!
Are people sleeping on unveil crafts here?
Theres a 30% atk speed mod (when rares/uniques nearly) which I get whenever possible. Seems really good this league with the 22 fuses change. Generally I try to set up my bows like so:

+1 Level of socketed gems
+2 Level of socketed bow gems
100% increased elemental damage with attack skills

19% attack speed (frac) (alternative: +2 arrows or 26% dot multi)
30% attack speed while rare or unique enemy nearby
20% fire damage over time multiplier (crafted, alternative atk speed if your base fracture differs).

PoB can not compute the 30% atk speed if rare or uniques are nearby (i think theres no way to enforce this other than to add it as flat atk speed in the custom mods field).
Last edited by Tymax_ on Dec 14, 2023, 5:14:28 AM
"
Tymax_ wrote:
Are people sleeping on unveil crafts here?
Theres a 30% atk speed mod (when rares/uniques nearly) which I get whenever possible. Seems really good this league with the 22 fuses change. Generally I try to set up my bows like so:

+1 Level of socketed gems
+2 Level of socketed bow gems
100% increased elemental damage with attack skills

19% attack speed (frac) (alternative: +2 arrows or 26% dot multi)
30% attack speed while rare or unique enemy nearby
20% fire damage over time multiplier (crafted, alternative atk speed if your base fracture differs).

PoB can not compute the 30% atk speed if rare or uniques are nearby (i think theres no way to enforce this other than to add it as flat atk speed in the custom mods field).

That bow only adds 1.2% ignite damage at max T1 rolls of every mod over the much easier bow to craft from Headtourist on page 290. The reason nobody is using unveil crafts for attack speed is that once you reach your 22 fuses then 30% AS doesn't help, and the build as given already has 22 fuses without that 30% AS. You would be much better off crafting gear to boost your defenses since this build can be more squishy than others.

Also, PoB has no issue showing the 30% AS from the veiled mod for me. Under Configuration, make sure you have "Is the enemy a Boss?" set to Standard Boss or above.
Off-topic, but a quick question about Affliction League.

Is not being able to see or find stuff part of the fun or am I missing a way to make it easier?
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
"
Wilson_Chan wrote:
Off-topic, but a quick question about Affliction League.

Is not being able to see or find stuff part of the fun or am I missing a way to make it easier?

I think it is intended to feel disorienting and hopeless, but from chatter around reddit threads and global I think the general strategy is to look for the wisp color of your chosen ascendancy and follow those wisps.
Hi,

first time playing EA Ballista.

I quit enjoy this build but dont know what to upgrade. Can you maybe take a look at my char and tell me what you think? Where should i focus next?

Thanks in advance

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/walez/characters

Char name ist EABallz_Affliction
"
walez wrote:
Hi,

first time playing EA Ballista.

I quit enjoy this build but dont know what to upgrade. Can you maybe take a look at my char and tell me what you think? Where should i focus next?

Thanks in advance

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/walez/characters

Char name ist EABallz_Affliction

Main thing to focus on is more fuses and right now it's mainly your accuracy and having 5 and not 6 totems hurting your fuses. You're 50 fire res over cap and 40 cold res over cap, and that's suffixes wasted which could be something you need more (chaos res, accuracy, attack speed on gloves). Your anoint on your amulet could either be Watchtowers for your 6th totem, or Charisma to help you work Malevolence into your build to increase DPS while keeping Precision. Malevolence will need a small cluster jewel with Mortifying Aspect to make it possible for mana reservation.

If you're finding that your survivability is fine, you may want to think about switching Defiance Banner for War Banner to increase your accuracy for now. Same goes for switching Lightning Golem for Ice Golem to increase accuracy until you can optimize your gear.

Your Affliction ascendancy is completely unused right now, so you may as well switch to Primalist and finish the quests to unlock the first charm(then more). Good first charms could be totems taunt for 2 secs after summoning, no reservation for banner skills, mana reservation, etc.

Ultimately, it's really a matter of what you feel like is holding you back, but there's plenty of upgrades you can be making.

Edit: Forgot to mention one thing. If you're willing to sacrifice clear speed, the skill effect duration nodes on the tree are a very easy way to increase fuses quickly. The nice thing about them is you can pick as many or as few as you need to augment your max fuses while keeping your clear speed as fast as you prefer.
Last edited by Dromlin on Dec 14, 2023, 6:14:32 PM
Using ashes + 20 qual now can get you 25 fuses (more if enhance/unique chest piece but that's a bit too far xD). This means you probably do want to pick some duration nodes. Remember EA also explodes whenever you reach max fuses on a target regardless of timer remaining. Thus increasing duration a bit will only slow you down marginally when mapping while giving you a more comfortable time vs bosses. Especially in cases where you would get your attack speed lowered for whatever reason. In theory you could run a rare amulet or quality-less ea just for the slightly faster clear in maps and swap to quality for bosses.
Last edited by arknath on Dec 14, 2023, 6:32:08 PM
"
arknath wrote:
Using ashes + 20 qual now can get you 25 fuses (more if enhance/unique chest piece but that's a bit too far xD). This means you probably do want to pick some duration nodes. Remember EA also explodes whenever you reach max fuses on a target regardless of timer remaining. Thus increasing duration a bit will only slow you down marginally when mapping while giving you a more comfortable time vs bosses. Especially in cases where you would get your attack speed lowered for whatever reason. In theory you could run a rare amulet or quality-less ea just for the slightly faster clear in maps and swap to quality for bosses.

Haha, totally forgot about ashes, but yeah that'll be crazy. I haven't been mentioning EA exploding at max fuses with clear speed just because I associate clear speed with trash mobs and you're not going to reach max fuses on trash mobs.

Edit: Played around a bit in PoB and ashes isn't as good as an amulet with +1 fire/all gems and DoT multi.
Last edited by Dromlin on Dec 15, 2023, 12:54:30 AM
Hello where is pob for 3.23 plz?

3.21 pob say me "SSL connect error".

My shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281932

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info