Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.17

"
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker! :)

Managed to hit level 90 and stagnated (partially due to map sustain, partially due to getting one-shotted too often). Ended up making some pretty invasive changes in an effort to make it a little more tanky; I don't think I completely destroyed it, though I'm not sure how much this helped. It does feel a little better, particularly in maps, but I'm still getting the occasional "WTF, how did I just die?!" moment; more grinding for gear, I guess.

Also, while I was leveling, it seemed to me your PoEPlanner link and this post (PoB as well, though I know you don't use that) are pretty significantly out of sync on skills, so I kind of ended up with a hybrid to start from, I think.

I dropped the CwDT setup with Flammability in favor of a dual Blasphemy setup with Flammability and Enfeeble.

Running those as well as Purity of Fire (Determination was dropped) meant respeccing into a little bit of mana rez efficiency. This also left me with an extra socket, so I moved Flame Dash there and freed up a ring slot, which was nice.

This also meant getting an extra curse so I could apply both; I picked up a pair of Windshriek boots for a few chaos that are all around pretty good for the build.

So... a few tradeoffs, but it feels smoother to me. I guess time will tell whether I end up switching back.
Sorry the build wasn't feeling smooth for you, internationalfish. Hopefully, your changes work out well. I love curses. So let me know how your little changes work out long-term for ya!

(What do you mean the PoB and PoEPlanner gems were out of sync? They aren't the same? PoEPlanner sometimes needs to have its cache cleared.)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 1, 2022, 11:12:40 PM
"
Sorry the build wasn't feeling smooth for you, internationalfish. Hopefully, your changes work out well. I love curses. So let me know how your little changes work out long-term for ya!

(What do you mean the PoB and PoEPlanner gems were out of sync? They aren't the same? PoEPlanner sometimes needs to have its cache cleared.)

Don't get me wrong, the build felt great initially, I think I just hadn't gotten the gearing quite right to get past the first tier of red maps without getting torn apart.

Going back and reloading everything, I think I must've had one or two older links going on, because I'd been seeing Skitterbots rather than Determination and Void Sphere instead of Frost Bomb. Sorry, looks like that was my mistake.
Last edited by internationalfish on Mar 1, 2022, 11:50:18 PM
"
Spoiler
Don't get me wrong, the build felt great initially, I think I just hadn't gotten the gearing quite right to get past the first tier of red maps without getting torn apart.

Going back and reloading everything, I think I must've had one or two older links going on, because I'd been seeing Skitterbots rather than Determination and Void Sphere instead of Frost Bomb. Sorry, looks like that was my mistake.
The issue may still be with PoEPlanner though. You're not the only one to accidentally have the wrong build on PoE Planner. I'll likely put a little note in brackets next to the PoE Planner stuff just to be sure that people have the correct build displayed. Thanks for mentioning it!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Okay, back again with this build and it's going well. I'm doing SSF and I could already manage to kill the Black Star (with one portal left, but dead is dead...).
However, I have the feeling the build is not as tanky as last league. Is this just me and my gear? Or is this some general change from the game? Last time I got into trouble because I didn't had things like determination and stuff but now there are enemys just one-shotting me and I have no idea how to deal with it.
Especially my good friend (also from last league) The Brittle Emperor in Wasteland just makes me sad. Most other bosses work with "circleing" around. However, with this one it's just another thing.
So, any idea how to deal with him especially and how to improve dmg and/or defense more? I think my dmg would be "okay" if I could survive a bit more.

Besides that, the build is cool and I like that you put in some changes from last league. And for my build I got lucky with he leather belt that had the lvl 22 enduring cry on it, so I got some place for flaming dash which gave me a lot more possibilitys moving around.
Roll the Dice Kid!
Last edited by Dicekid on Mar 2, 2022, 4:38:18 PM
Hey guys, I play RF jugg but I like checking RF chieftain builds for inspiration on gearing. I see a lot of you hitting a brick wall at red maps and get one shot by stuff. Some of the new map mods are quite deadly in ways you may not realize.

This build uses immortal call/enduring cry to keep itself safe against big hits. But if you look at the uptime of endurance charges and immortal call, you will realize that without increased duration sources there is a one second gap within the first 8 seconds of combat where you have neither immortal cry buff or endurance charges up.

This would normally be fine as you kill a pack in 7 seconds and move on, resetting the window.

But the map mod "players have less cooldown recovery" will extend this vulnerability window past 4 seconds at high tier maps.

The mod "non-curse aura effects have reduced effectiveness" will drastically nerf determination.

And finally, the mod "monsters steal charges" will completely shut down your immortal cry/enduring cry defences.

If you only look for no-regen/ reduced life recovery/ negative max res to skip, you can easily find yourself in a map with two or more of the above mods.
"
But the map mod "players have less cooldown recovery" will extend this vulnerability window past 4 seconds at high tier maps.

The mod "non-curse aura effects have reduced effectiveness" will drastically nerf determination.

And finally, the mod "monsters steal charges" will completely shut down your immortal cry/enduring cry defences.

If you only look for no-regen/ reduced life recovery/ negative max res to skip, you can easily find yourself in a map with two or more of the above mods.

100% agreed on this (not sure whether I understand the math before these though). The expansion added some new, nasty mods that should not be overlooked. "Monsters steal charges" may be the most deadly in my opinion, especially if you rely on charges to cap your reistances.
Let me start by saying again Great Guide, I am doing better than I have since I started playing because of this build so thank you :-)

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on trying to use a hungry loop in this build? I was thinking of setting my RF in the ring and was wondering what the pros/cons actually are since I am very not knowledgeable about all of the mechanics in this game to make a smart decision :-)

If using a smart loop for RF is not a good idea does anyone have a good idea to incorporate it into the build?

I am at the wall can easily run t16 maps but the bosses are getting a little tough and really struggling with any of the elder bosses, I was actually able to get my first 2 void stones but I think that seems to be as far as I can go until I am able to find some more damage somewhere, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for this awesome build and all of the help that you and everyone in this thread has put out :-)
"
Dicekid wrote:
Spoiler
Okay, back again with this build and it's going well. I'm doing SSF and I could already manage to kill the Black Star (with one portal left, but dead is dead...).
However, I have the feeling the build is not as tanky as last league. Is this just me and my gear? Or is this some general change from the game? Last time I got into trouble because I didn't had things like determination and stuff but now there are enemys just one-shotting me and I have no idea how to deal with it.
Especially my good friend (also from last league) The Brittle Emperor in Wasteland just makes me sad. Most other bosses work with "circleing" around. However, with this one it's just another thing.
So, any idea how to deal with him especially and how to improve dmg and/or defense more? I think my dmg would be "okay" if I could survive a bit more.

Besides that, the build is cool and I like that you put in some changes from last league. And for my build I got lucky with he leather belt that had the lvl 22 enduring cry on it, so I got some place for flaming dash which gave me a lot more possibilitys moving around.
"
Spoiler
Hey guys, I play RF jugg but I like checking RF chieftain builds for inspiration on gearing. I see a lot of you hitting a brick wall at red maps and get one shot by stuff. Some of the new map mods are quite deadly in ways you may not realize.

This build uses immortal call/enduring cry to keep itself safe against big hits. But if you look at the uptime of endurance charges and immortal call, you will realize that without increased duration sources there is a one second gap within the first 8 seconds of combat where you have neither immortal cry buff or endurance charges up.

This would normally be fine as you kill a pack in 7 seconds and move on, resetting the window.

Thanks, Dicekid!

I'm glad you're having a good time with the build. The one-shots I think are two-fold in your case. @Azureheaven333 definitely nailed the point of the new mods. There are many new map mods that can hurt us. And the combos some of the innocent mods can be destructive too. We have a lot of good defence. Our physical damage mitigation is capped. It's even better as some of the damage converts to Fire damage taken. And our other elemental resists are quite high too. So it's just being aware of map mods/map mod combos as GGG keeps trying to find new ways to kill us. Also, this is the first league with Atlas Passives as they are. They can REALLY beef up enemies too. This game is hard to keep track of too. So sometimes it's really hard to see what's on the ground...or where a safe place to be, is.

One thing that will help though is life mods on your gear. Most of your gear has pretty low life mods or non at all (I love your belt though! Amazing!) So as the game gives you that gear, try and get the life mods coupled with resists. Chaos defence is our weakest link. So that's also something that we shouldn't shrug off as it passes by. For example, all Syndicate Members deal some Chaos damage.)

It'll come. The game gives good gear rarely. It'll be a grind, but that's why we play. You've done well with what you have! Nice work.

Annnnnd

"
BeerninjaXIII wrote:
Spoiler
Let me start by saying again Great Guide, I am doing better than I have since I started playing because of this build so thank you :-)

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on trying to use a hungry loop in this build? I was thinking of setting my RF in the ring and was wondering what the pros/cons actually are since I am very not knowledgeable about all of the mechanics in this game to make a smart decision :-)

If using a smart loop for RF is not a good idea does anyone have a good idea to incorporate it into the build?

I am at the wall can easily run t16 maps but the bosses are getting a little tough and really struggling with any of the elder bosses, I was actually able to get my first 2 void stones but I think that seems to be as far as I can go until I am able to find some more damage somewhere, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for this awesome build and all of the help that you and everyone in this thread has put out :-)
You're very kind, BeerninjaXIII!

I'm glad the guide has been helpful and that you've progressed to new content! Thanks for the kind words.

Sorry you feel like you've hit a wall. I like the gear and gems you have. You've followed everything to the "T" except for the Flame Dash/Clarity switch. And if you're finding your mana regen is good enough, than the switch has no impact. Does your higher level Purifying Flame not eat up too much mana? Make sure Immortal Call always has enough mana to go off. Your gloves are awesome for RF too!

Some battles can take a while for me based on what the map rolled and what my Atlas Passives are, but I haven't come across any bosses that have created a wall for me. Could it be the map mods? I'm sorry, I just haven't come across a wall yet and we're usingthe same weapon.

Hungry Loop, if you're willing to commit to it, is awesome with something like RF or Incinerate. It'd let you add a little more to the build with whatever you wanted. Also, something a little more automatic (if you're up for the extra button, like Holy Flame Totem would work great too! If you find thta you're not the type of player that stays still often, or likes Incinerate, there are other options that are stronger as well, like Flameblast, Scorching Ray, Flame Wall with a Fire Projectile (Holy Flame Totem works here too).

Hopefully that gets things rolling for you. Let us know what you do.

Annnnnd

"
Dicekid wrote:
Spoiler

Oh right, Dicekid! That bastard...the Wasteland Boss is a prick. It has a hidden "life regen" mod that the game doesn't tell you about. When it stands on the Chaos Ground that it creates, it regens a % of its total life. So if you're doing a map that rolls any increases to monster/boss life, that increases the amount of life the stupid boss regens.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info