Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
Noooova wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:

Storage isnt an advantage over another player, you won't be better than another player just because you can self stack 2500 exalts in your stash.

Even if you spent $5000 you wont one hit maven.

Thats called quality of life improvements.

So it's not an advantage to be able to trade? Still learning new things here.

You dont need to pay to trade, you need to pay to be able to SELL and show up in websites, but youre free to buy things and trade with everyone.

Yeah, you have a lot to learn.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
POGGERS
Path of Nerfs once again LUL
wondering why u have to nerfing ARPG game since there no PVP . 3 months seasonal league

make all skills builds fun to play so population will rise up and u earn moneys but u dont want this instead nerf all fun thinks delete n remove all fun elements from the game
"
Cast while Channelling Support: Now has "Supported Triggered Spells deal 30% less Damage" at all gem levels.
Awakened Cast while Channelling Support: Now has "Supported Triggered Spells Deal 30% less Damage" at all gem levels.

This has simply killed many builds, yes, I've been playing for a short time, and I started following a build guide with illusion, I had a hard time getting the necessary EXs to invest in the build, now I have to see that my build is no longer feasible, that its damage is drastically reduced because of this change.

There are many builds based on this gem, I understand that the changes are necessary, but I also understand that there are people who get tired after many years playing and see how their builds end up dead and stop playing, now I understand why they were so angry xD

PS: The Whispering Ice (which has icestorm lvl1) +
Cast while Channeling Support + Cyclone, no longer worth anything, build completely dead.
Last edited by Davoker on Jan 25, 2022, 8:31:18 AM
"
Davoker wrote:
"
Cast while Channelling Support: Now has "Supported Triggered Spells deal 30% less Damage" at all gem levels.
Awakened Cast while Channelling Support: Now has "Supported Triggered Spells Deal 30% less Damage" at all gem levels.

This has simply killed many builds, yes, I've been playing for a short time, and I started following a build guide with illusion, I had a hard time getting the necessary EXs to invest in the build, now I have to see that my build is no longer feasible, that its damage is drastically reduced because of this change.

There are many builds based on this gem, I understand that the changes are necessary, but I also understand that there are people who get tired after many years playing and see how their builds end up dead and stop playing, now I understand why they were so angry xD

Not arguing that CoC didn't get massive nerfs. But this is not one of them because you can't look at this in a vacuum. They massively juiced up the spells themselves so this is merely taking damage from here and putting it there (so that self-cast can be buffed w/o also buffing CoC in the same way, which would just be power creep rather than making self-cast more enticing). What's killing builds is the activation/trigger frequency nerfs, not these damage number things.
"
Blip wrote:
I would love to try different builds, but it is impossible to get the currency. I would love to try headhunter at least once, but currency or the div cards don't drop and map sustain is impossible.

wdym you can't make the currency? i probably made 5 times more currency alone this league, then i had in every other league since legion COMBINED! and i didn't even touch MF farm tower mapping in the slightest.

map sustain wasnt a problem at a certain point AT ALL and currency dropped like candy from a piniata.

there is no shot, that you can not farm enough currency to get atleast a HH and thats coming from one of the worst PoE players... me :)
Last edited by TheBenShee on Jan 25, 2022, 8:31:37 AM
11 years of POE balancing. And so the numbers are changed every 3 months. Is this evidence of the inefficiency of the GGG. How many more years does GGG need to fix poe. Ahh a moment in the tel league again adds something super op. And they will balance again. and so in a circle every 3 months.

Pog
Pog....
i vana ask what happened with people who cannot craft nice weapon ? u nerf gem , then if i canot craft new weapon in domet ......... fuking shit ever , nerf all game bekalso 5% play mega hig end game i never kil dam maew or what ever bos name u make it more hard for cazoal , ist same vit u bulshit event 100% derilium u get 1 revard big stinki bulshit
I think the reward system was more balanced back when there was only sc and hc without "free for all" generic challenges.

They should bring that back and make a baseline of low vs high tier challenges and rewards. Each tier would be 20 steps, after completing it collapses and hides, but you can still look at stuff if you want.
Players would also have a 1-20 challenges logo before their name in chat in a league theme specific icon, like we do every challenge league, which would be small/pale, medium/normal, and large/bright for bronze/silver/gold tiers.

The first tier would be 20/60 bronze, and rewards include poor effects like footprints, weapons, skill effects pets and some 1/3 trophy totem parts.
Can be completed on any random ssf trash build.

Silver tier goes up to 40/60 with the final push being some yellow and corrupted maps, end boss kills.
Cooler limited mtx rewards.

Gold tier is the final 60/60 including hard uber boss kills, conditional kills, long grinds and whatever you deem e-peen brag worthy.
Rewards the most unique once per life time super duper what have you mtxs.

This should work as a default frame for difficulty.
The goal being that 60-100% of all players reach 10-20/60,
10-20% reach 21-40/60 and 5-0.1% reach 41-60/60 challenges, with a respectful completion drop off curve.

That imo would look like a well designed and balanced difficulty for content.

It's just objectively speaking true how bad it is that 80 fucking % does not even enter act 7 at any point... how does this not freak devs out like holy shit you made a ice berg game and 80% don't even scratch the surface of it.
How can you be happy with that?? 90% of the end game content is stuff people only get to see on youtube played by the elite.
The fuck kinda stupid shit is that??

Get some better difficulty layers.
Understand that "clearing the game/beating every boss" does not make players think "lol I finished it, easy, boring, bye". If there are proper layers and more difficulty options after that, modified versions of the "same" content, with better unique (explicit/restricted) loot tables, it only motivates players to learn more about the game, push further, try harder, and play more... it's a win win for everyone. Nobody loses anything.

Last edited by OneTwoTimer on Jan 25, 2022, 8:43:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info