Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

BRING. BACK. SYNTHESIS!
Arian Synthesis of G3
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
Ok GGG you removed my comment for saying the truth, let me rephrase it in a nicer way, Scourge league mechanics were not fun to interact with & on top of that it was not a rewarding mechanic, certainly not during leveling in acts, and not enough in maps, rather Scourge felt like a waste of time; the only positive thing we got from it was the easy 6-links.

---

Scourge was easily (and I mean easily) the most lucrative league in POE history.
You needed a beast of a build to completely clear every map top to bottom. Once I got that I completely changed my mind about the league - I quit weeks 2-4 because I wasn't feeling it with my starter build and came back with a meta build and absolutely ruled. Hundreds and hundreds of ex's the next month of part time playing. I'm ending the league with 300 ex with nothing to buy, hundreds of scarabs and 600 t16 maps. The scourged maps are crazy.

And, it was much better than Delirium in that you could go in and out strategically and if you were good the backtracking was minimal. Best league ever (if you could run it). Oh also I ignored the item krangler and only did maps after I figured it was terrible. I think folks who hated the league got stuck on thinking that the items were so disappointing that they gave up - not understanding that the league was a currency explosion like legion/delirium.

Part of that was Chris Wilson's poor buildup in interviews before the league (sorry Chris but it is the truth). Many people have said that if the krangler only had map slots and the gear slots didn't exist the league would have been more successful. Yes, that's how bad the item Krangler was (except for the 6 links which I didn't even bother doing since I was rolling in currency). I didn't even level gems in my offweapon (a first) and didn't list anything below 20c (also a first).
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Jan 11, 2022, 8:26:15 PM
The best innovation in Scourge was the tainted currency. They should keep the tainted currency, but it should only be available in corrupted maps and vaal side areas.
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
Ok GGG you removed my comment for saying the truth, let me rephrase it in a nicer way, Scourge league mechanics were not fun to interact with & on top of that it was not a rewarding mechanic, certainly not during leveling in acts, and not enough in maps, rather Scourge felt like a waste of time; the only positive thing we got from it was the easy 6-links.

the weirdest comment... I think you lack understanding how PoE works, scourge is the most rewarding league mechanic since harvest:

* the league mechanic during maps without scourge maps and krangled items is completely busted due +300% quantity and it is even better than delirium + beyond without scourge, but is insane with delirium + beyond together (easy HeadHunter in Tower maps)
* trying krangling certain uniques that cost 5c uncorrupted but with certain not very hard to get scourge mods like "-#% to lightning resistance" and "+ #% chaos resistance" for certain builds make the item worth 20+ ex
* scourged maps are just a raw currency printer (easy mirror in 1 week)

and the fact that you can do all 3 at the same time... is plain broken, the fact that you completely missed it, is just sad, but you still have a couple of weeks to get free mageblood if you hurry

And you can, of course, link those mirrors in Scourge you got so easily?

If yes, then that's pretty awesome and kudos to you.
If no, shut it.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
only thing i wil lremotely miss is the ability to work with bricked items.
But scourge was a insanely dangerous mechanic without real payoff outside another quantity stacking mechanic. The crafting was a mix between convinience(6link easymode) and bricking everything else. And no, cheap uniques never got that much better, no need and good riddance.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
Garf412 wrote:
feb? when 8 other major game titels are releasing long awaited gamesd? nice... #slowclap.

Hi mate!
Please, tell me the 8 major game titles releasing in february

Elden Ring for sure (will play it non stop for 500+ hours :D)
Lost Ark I've played and already refunded, did not like

but what are the other 6?
God thanks!
I'm not into scourge mech, but oh boy... I'd wanted to have more time to play this season =(
"
"
Garf412 wrote:
feb? when 8 other major game titels are releasing long awaited gamesd? nice... #slowclap.

Hi mate!
Please, tell me the 8 major game titles releasing in february

Elden Ring for sure (will play it non stop for 500+ hours :D)
Lost Ark I've played and already refunded, did not like

but what are the other 6?

February is a weird one where it's pretty stacked with anticipated games but I have to wonder what kind of overlap there is between them and Path of Exile.

Dying Light 2, Lost Ark, TW:Warhammer 3, Elden Ring, Horizon 2, Destiny 2 expansion and a fist full of indie games from supposedly great developers.

Speaking for myself I'm only really invested in Dying Light 2 but even then I'll play only after I get my fill of the new PoE expansion. Mileage may vary for others.
"
Riftshadow wrote:
If Scourge doesn't go core then Un-nerf Doryani's prototype... It got nerfed because its interaction with scourge mods... I hate when these oversights happen. And they happen all the time.

Was Doryani's prototype nerfed in 3.16? Or you are referring to the cap on negative resistance? I do agree the negative resistance cap (-200%) should be reverted, but that is yet to be announced.
Last edited by suitto on Jan 11, 2022, 8:44:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info