Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

"
Corona Solaris, Crystal Vault, Deidbellow, Dreadsurge, Ezomyte Hold, Fox's Fortune, Greedtrap, Hrimnor's Dirge, Kaltensoul, Karui Charge, Martyr's Crown, Mirebough, Ngamahu Tiki, Panquetzaliztli, Realm Ender, Sanguine Gambol, Shavronne's Gambit, Silverbough, Sunspite, The Effigon, The Gryphon, The Oak, Voidheart and Wall of Brambles

Okay this list feels so bad. With a very little improvement to some of these uniques they might be actually strong. Crystal Vault already provides quite a lot of mitigation, just lacks either armour/shield or some life on it; Realm Ender is actually a good staff even with all global +lvls we got on the rare gear now; Martyr Crown is almost good early in the league; Panquetzaliztli is the one I was building around with cyclone chieftain and blade vortex inquisitor, can definitely be good with a small buff. Fox's Fortune, Silverbough, Effigon, Voidheart and Wall of Brambles are also in my "almost good" list.
I wish fated uniques would receive buffs and have their base versions be removed rather than what we're getting here:)
Why not remove something worse like Labyrinth or Heist?
I don't care that much about prophecies (although I rather like them), but Navali is one of the best NPCs in Path of Exile, removing her is so weird... Lilly Roth is as "meh" as NPC can only be...

It would be sad nostalgia every damn time turning-in cards now...

I dont want to be rude, but it's hard to not think about it like "GGG keeps removing what players like and not adding what players ask for"... :(
Last edited by Telvas on Dec 1, 2021, 4:18:39 PM
Honestly please reconsider removing greedtrap.
What why? Prophecies were a cool thing to have. And removing items and currency? That's just crappy.
Nice, I won't miss prophecies - they didn't exist when I played first time, and then after I returned they were old news - and Navali bugs me. Great to have Lilly's gem selection in the hideout. I don't suppose we could have Weylam Roth as well? I just love his writing and the voice actor's performance (unlike Lilly's) and they make a good duo.
"
Ravenaze wrote:
Out of all the past leagues, prophecy is one that a lot of people still use and interact with. Why not rework it instead of flat out removing it? There's plenty of other mechanics that should go first. I'm looking at you talismans! Also torment, beyond and essences

What? Beyond and Essence are two of the most used...

Anyhoo. Thank you very much for the fair warning.

I just got a queen's sacrifice and song lol. Never saw either flipping coins, and got both in my first 300 silver spent. Neat.

I think this is a great change. And as a blighted map runner, I cant wait for something else to take their place from the pods.

Now please kill talisman.
Last edited by Deliverme on Dec 1, 2021, 4:21:23 PM
"
Jerle wrote:
Ripped prophesy. Also wish I had a chance to redesign my Div card =/

What card? If your card gives a prophecy, you'll get an e-mail from them to make a new one.
I don't think I've ever hated an update more WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GETTING RID OF NAVALI?? That's my girl!!!! I love her!! She's the one that leads the conversations about the Nature of Life and DeathTM with Vorici's ghost and Tane (and now The Last to Die) in my weird little hideout stories Y'ALL WHY? Now when you run past that cage in Act 1 there's just!!! not gonna be anyone there! Just goat men and no Navali!! D: Also removing prophecies just removes another way for lower level characters to access currency and five-links, which also sucks!!! Guys I don't wanna be sad its the holiday season!
"
Ravenaze wrote:
There's plenty of other mechanics that should go first. I'm looking at you talismans! Also torment, beyond and essences (I'm aware that essence is here to stay because stash tab).

Even removing Talisman AND Torment together will barely reduce game bloat, as even combined they have barely any real presence in the game.

Removing Beyond will mainly make a difference to a few endgame min-maxers. It also just fits seamlessly into the game as a source of more mobs, so removing it just feels like taking some mob density out, but doesn't reduce bloat.

Removing Essence would have the biggest impact, albeit only on crafting rather than gameplay (Essence encounters are meh now), but it's pretty much locked in.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 1, 2021, 4:27:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info