[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Ashikar wrote:
What would you consider to be the minimum requirements in order to challenge Uber bosses? I'm currently rocking 1200+ dex and 4.6k life (w/ 100% spell suppression) but the DPS feels a bit weak. It is my first time playing a build like this so it might just be a matter of me not feeling just how strong I am but I'm seriously considering starting to cannibalize defensive nodes to invest into more damage.

https://pastebin.com/xMHvLsHP

This is what I'm at currently. I know I need to work on the potions/catalysts and I'm trying to roll a "cold to the core" large cluster. Not to mention general XP for the gems themselves. Other than that do you see any easy fixes or problems I can correct?

Thanks!

This build is all about crit / crit multi and DEX. The more of all three the better.

The boot enchant is doing nothing for you. Get +120% crit if you havn't killed recently.

You absolutely don't need that mana potion anymore and one health potion should suffice.

If you are looking for more DEX a fairly inexpensive upgrade is a belt with +% DEX implicit. You can buy one with +15% dex then slap atribute catalysts on it to get up to 18. Get yourself a handful of Def Sorrow essences to put on it if it doesnt already have a good dex explicit. You can also set a DEX enchant on your body armor through harvest. I personally wouldn't even attempt the uber bosses with anything less that at least 1600 dex.

I dropped added cold for increased crit strike chance on chest. My crit chance is 85%.

Dont forget to annoint your amulet with "Shaman's Dominion" for even more crit.

And yes, get some more levels and fill out your tree.
Last edited by Zuuule on Jun 9, 2022, 4:07:58 PM
Thanks for all the useful tips you two. Side question, do crits from our ballistas give charges for "charge on crit" flasks?
"
Ashikar wrote:
Thanks for all the useful tips you two. Side question, do crits from our ballistas give charges for "charge on crit" flasks?

no, only crits from your frenzy/ensnaring arrow
does anyone have suggestions to improve my build? Going to replace gloves with % dex hunter gloves when i get another exalt or two - https://pastebin.com/QUsJEYwx

Last edited by Furor_Dei on Jun 11, 2022, 11:49:25 AM
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
does anyone have suggestions to improve my build?

You just lack ~200 base dex on your both rings, belt and gloves.

The cheapest improvement is a belt with 15% increased Dex enchantment and +50 base Dex and 80+ live of course.

Rings with 50+ base Dex and without the +4-7% increased Dex implicit are also not so expensive.

The lab entchantment for the Helmet and the boots will give you much more damage. A corrupted Hyrris Demise with cold pen or increased damge per pierce is also a cheap choice.
Last edited by mildmr on Jun 12, 2022, 7:01:47 AM
I have never played attribute stacking build, due to how expensive they are, however I really wanna try this build I have like 100ex would that enough to push end game.
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
I have never played attribute stacking build, due to how expensive they are, however I really wanna try this build I have like 100ex would that enough to push end game.

I've spent WELL under that and I have 25+ million dps. As long as you know the mechanics, pretty much all end game content is certainly doable. I haven't tried Uber bosses and I struggle with wave 25+ Simulacrum, but all else is a breeze.
I finally decided to put Mageblood on. I can tell you it's a whole new level, do not hesitate if you have funds for it. Chaos res cap and moving speed alone worth it
As for leveling/questing, EA ballista feels so slow n clunky.

I just run wave of conviction. You can literally run through every act, twice as fast. Maybe run conviction paired with EA for quest bosses?

At least that's how I feel, I'm rather new though and could be totally wrong, lolol. Wave of conviction just feels so smooth for progressing and with Phys to Fire support and a few others (bad with names still, sorry) you can still benefit from the fire damage along the tree.

I'm only act 5 though, so only 1 act to really get used to the newer playstyle. That could be part of it also!

Hope you don't take my feedback as negative, can't wait to get to maps and start trying out the real build. Have most the gear bought and ready to rock in my inventory.
Last edited by ChewableTrash on Jun 14, 2022, 2:07:07 PM
"
ChewableTrash wrote:
As for leveling/questing, EA ballista feels so slow n clunky.

I just run wave of conviction. You can literally run through every act, twice as fast. Maybe run conviction paired with EA for quest bosses?

At least that's how I feel, I'm rather new though and could be totally wrong, lolol. Wave of conviction just feels so smooth for progressing and with Phys to Fire support and a few others (bad with names still, sorry) you can still benefit from the fire damage along the tree.

I'm only act 5 though, so only 1 act to really get used to the newer playstyle. That could be part of it also!

Hope you don't take my feedback as negative, can't wait to get to maps and start trying out the real build. Have most the gear bought and ready to rock in my inventory.

I didn't really like it either. I think Wallach switched from WoC to EA because it plays similarly to siege so the transition into siege is easier. I would say leveling with either one is fine. Just switch to siege as soon as you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info