[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

3.17 Rage Pre-Loading is back!

Hi Guys,

So, with the nerf to Hydrosphere we lost Rage Pre-loading before bosses, but turns out Divergent Rage solves that!

It gives us a chance to gain Rage when we use a skill.

Here's the setup on secondary weapon:

The sequence is:

1) Switch to secondary weapon
2) Drop Ancestral Protector (For more AS = faster Rage gain)
3) Drop Hydrosphere (We still hit it every second, so it does help gain Rage a bit. Drop it at your feet so Chain Hook uses the Area attack and not the Ranged Chain attack)
4) Attack with Chain Hook to gain Rage
5) Heal Lifetap damage with Enduring Cry as necessary
5) Recast Totem/Hydrosphere as necessary
6) Switch back to primary weapon at max Rage
7) Activate all auras
8) Attack boss

It's not as fast as the old setup was, but it certainly works!

Here's me testing in my HO:

Also, because we take "Berserking" in the tree, inherent Rage loss is pretty slow, giving us enough time to recast auras and attack boss with still more than 50 Rage left.

We already take down bosses pretty quick without Rage, so any Rage you can get before a big single-target boss is a big help!

GL

EDIT: Ignore the instructions above... Just get one of these and at boss > switch one of your rings for it > drop an aura > cast blasphemy to gain temporal > replace your main ring (this removes Temporal and makes you gain max Rage) > recast your aura > attack

**thank you Sp1naker
Last edited by corosou on Feb 26, 2022, 9:34:15 AM
Friend poked me to watch Empyrian clip - what he is doing is probably even quicker then what you have explained.

Ring Rotblood Promise includes "Curse Auras from socketed skills also affects you". It's for couple of chaos. Put Temp chains there. Cast it before the boss and cast again to turn it off making you full (of) Rage. Swap ring to your usual one.

People without skill Berserk can also use that strat, but then require chains of emancipation for the swap along the ring. Simply to boost your burst a little just before the fight. With this build we simply benefit more via Berserk.

Edit: One thing tho - if you the ring you choose to swap with, is the one with stats and hence you can't wear the gear - you will still need to recast the auras after the swap-back to original ring. For this build it should be fine - Rotblood gives intelligence.
Last edited by Sp1naker on Feb 26, 2022, 3:48:41 AM
"
corosou wrote:

The sequence is:

But you lose Dread Banner stacks like that, right? Is it worth it?
"
Sp1naker wrote:
Friend poked me to watch Empyrian clip - what he is doing is probably even quicker then what you have explained.

Ring Rotblood Promise includes "Curse Auras from socketed skills also affects you". It's for couple of chaos. Put Temp chains there. Cast it before the boss and cast again to turn it off making you full (of) Rage. Swap ring to your usual one.

People without skill Berserk can also use that strat, but then require chains of emancipation for the swap along the ring. Simply to boost your burst a little just before the fight. With this build we simply benefit more via Berserk.

Edit: One thing tho - if you the ring you choose to swap with, is the one with stats and hence you can't wear the gear - you will still need to recast the auras after the swap-back to original ring. For this build it should be fine - Rotblood gives intelligence.

Ahh damn! Why didn't I think of that ring... Good call :)

Regarding stats, in my case, I'm fine, I'm using 2x these now and I can take one off np!

Just tried it out and for SURE this is way better than my method:

I just turned off one of my Auras temporarily to fit in the Blasphemy Reservation.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Sick gear btw! Nicely done :) dat Marylene's is yummy...
Last edited by corosou on Feb 26, 2022, 8:58:35 AM
"
Spelac wrote:
"
corosou wrote:

The sequence is:

But you lose Dread Banner stacks like that, right? Is it worth it?

Man, you keep track of when you have Banner Stacks? I never even bother... I mostly just drop Dread Banner for Bannerman bonus. If I have stacks great, but if I don't it hasn't been something I noticed.

GL
3.17 Rotblood + Temporal Chains for Max Rage

Hey Fellas,

So, thanks to Sp1naker again for the suggestion, I've been testing the most efficient way to use:

And well, since Temporal doesn't affect us at all, we can keep it on until just before the fight is about to start.

It goes like this:

1) Put on Rotblood
2) Disable Determination
3) Enable Temporal Chains (if you used the same keybind for Determination, make sure you set it back to Determination after enabling Temporal)
4) KEEP ROTBLOOD ON UNTIL THE FIGHT IS ABOUT TO START
5) Put on main Ring (This disables Temporal and we gain Max Rage)
6) Enable Determination
7) Berserk
8) Attack

Sounds complicated, but here's what it looks like, basically you see I start with Temporal on me, then just put my main ring back on, enable Determination and go:

Takes a bit of practice to get it right, but it's a very simple sequence and it allows us to start any single target fight with full 65 Rage if you time things properly.

Single target DPS is already pretty damned good! Check this out:

**Click for HD GIF

GL
Last edited by corosou on Feb 26, 2022, 3:00:35 PM
Do you need lvl 4 enlighten to pull the aura setup off? Or will lvl 3 suffice?
20exalt gem kinda puts a huge limiting factor on the final build for me :D
Been using it up to T14 and it has been a blast. All though i'm afraid i'll have to switch to another build to progress further...
I normally reach like a 20EX build every league before i quit and this build goes quite a bit beyond that :D
Anyway, loved it so far! thank you for your effort.
"
Wuzini wrote:
Do you need lvl 4 enlighten to pull the aura setup off? Or will lvl 3 suffice?
20exalt gem kinda puts a huge limiting factor on the final build for me :D
Been using it up to T14 and it has been a blast. All though i'm afraid i'll have to switch to another build to progress further...
I normally reach like a 20EX build every league before i quit and this build goes quite a bit beyond that :D
Anyway, loved it so far! thank you for your effort.

Thanks, glad you like!

I put a link to my 3.17 toon. If you take a look you will be glad to see I am using Enlighten 3.

Since Precision reserves mana based on the level, you can drop/raise it as necessary.

In my testing I've found that 80mana with all reservations active is a good number to be at. Below that trigger skills start not casting as often as they should.

GL
3.17 Endgame Gear Update!

Hi Fellas,

So, as always, I keep working on the build, seeing how much more I can invest and squeeze out of the setup.

Well, I'm happy to report I've made quite a lot of progress; not cheap progress, but fun, and what the game is all about, improving your toon as much as possible.

My Single Target setup is now topping the charts by a respectable margin:

Here are the latest goodies:

The changes:

1) Divergent Boneshatter - Feels pretty good! Expensive for 21/20 at 4ex, but worth it for endgame investment.

2) Double Circle of Guilt - I juggled Res around until I was able to pull off 79/79/75 in HO with 2 x Circle of Guilts. They feel amazing!

3) Aspect of the Cat boots - With 2 x Circles, boots are the only Rare item I am now using and thus Cat MUST go on them, so I sold my old pair with Onslaught Chance, since I have guaranteed Onslaught from Sleepless Sentries, and I bought these with a empty Suffix and craft Cat on them

4) Corrupted Farrul's Pounce - These are perfect for Single Target DPS. Give us guaranteed Bleed and a big bonus to DPS on Bleeding mobs + Accuracy and found a pair with Vulnerability

5) Double Corrupted Replica Wings - Perfect Corruptions to go along with Farrul's gloves, since they guarantee the Bleeding.

6) Double Corrupted Farrul's Fur - Not exactly cheap, 18ex, but well worth it as endgame investment.

That's it for now fellas...

I dunno how much more I can squeeze out of the setup, but I'll certainly keep trying and if I find something cool, I'll let ya guys know ;)

GL
Last edited by corosou on Feb 27, 2022, 10:44:36 AM
Why do u use rage on ur tree and Berserk gem? How do u do to generate rage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info