[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
ZtriDer wrote:
This was a really confusing build and explenation for one who does not play PoE often.
When do you swap away from splitting steel to Boneshatter? Do you use splitting steel in end game?
There is a lot of detail and information, so much so that you even do keybindings and where to go at what lvl, but that changes from you to me depending on how many mobs I kill on the way to where you are, the lack of clerity is there. Does Boneshatter use the same build as splitting steel in endgame?

It's very common for builds to use a different skill while leveling. If you know what you're doing then you switch whenever you can. Melee leveling is tough, we only get two decent options, Smite or Splitting Steel.

If you check from Page 28 on, you can see what I was using when I switched over from Splitting > Boneshatter.

GL
3.17 Video Update: Searing Exarch

Hi Fellas,

Here's Searing Exarch:

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - Searing Exarch (1 Death)

Again, 1 Death cuz I suck, impatient and I just wanna get the kill right away! ;)

Enjoy!
Last edited by corosou on Feb 19, 2022, 10:48:29 PM
3.17 Video Update & Farrul's vs Sporeguard

Hi Fellas,

So, for the last few days I've been running Farrul's exclusively and it feels great, no complains at all!

But, a few days ago, I 6-linked Sporeguard and I wanted to do a side by side vs Farrul, but in order to do that I had to wear Farrul's for a good while, so that as soon as I put on Sporeguard and ran the same content, I would be able to tell how it compared.

Well, I'm happy to report that it feels pretty damned good!

Now, before we go into the details, it's obvious that Sporeguard is a mapping chest, as explody is absolutely useless for bossing, so keep that in mind as I go into the comparison below.

Here are both chests side by side:

Let's compare them:

1) Aspect of the Cat vs anointing Twin Terrors is not a big difference. Plus the defensive part of the Aspect also has a counterpart in Sporeguard with the Fungal Ground causing enemies to do 10% less damage.

2) Life is about the same.

3) Armour about the same. With Farrul's you run Iron Reflexes to take advantage of the Evasion Rating. With Sporeguard you can take Spiked Bulwark. You can even drop this and pick up something else, it's not a huge deal.

4) Farrul gives us Frenzy/Power Charges, while Sporeguard gives us explody and we rely on Blood Rage and Mark on Hit + Assassin's Mark for Frenzy/Power Charges; a bit less reliable, but while mapping with good density it makes little difference.

In the end, they both work about the same, except when bossing, which you can still do with Sporeguard, it's just going to be much better with Farrul's.

However, unlinked Sporeguard is like 10-20c, vs multiple EX for Farrul's, so why not give it a shot?

Wanna see what mapping with Sporeguard is like?

Youtube: 3.17 Boneshatter Jugg - T16 Cemetery (Corrupted, Juiced, Sporeguard, No-HH, Clearspeed Showcase)

Here's a PoB Export of the setup I was using: https://pobb.in/NGbUQb2a-d9K

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oops... forgot to take off my Pride Watcher's Eye off. Remove that it's pretty much useless
Last edited by corosou on Feb 20, 2022, 2:13:23 AM
How did you get the magolomania jewel with ancestral guidance, uncompromising,...? I cant find any like that on the market
"
Wuzini wrote:
How did you get the magolomania jewel with ancestral guidance, uncompromising,...? I cant find any like that on the market

Megalomaniacs are random homie, you're never going to find another one like this most likely.

You can find one with Ancestral Guidance and the look for other mods that are helpful, else you can use the regular 3.16 Rare cluster Jewel setup.

GL
3.17 Insane Gear Update!

Hi Guys,

So, last one one of my guildies quit the league and donated a The Squire Shield to me, which I sold for 113ex and bought ALL this:

Now, the question is: Is it worth you spending a bunch of EX on stuff like this?

No, not really...

1) The axe makes you SLOW. It might be more DPS, but you're going to miss zooming around. Pretty much it's just good for bossing, cuz for mapping, nothing is going to beat Replica Wings' speed.

2) Gloves, sure, I can take off Ancestral Call, have guaranteed Culling and an extra Frenzy Charge. Thing is, I kinda still use Ancestral Call for mapping, so 1 extra target when I'm already hitting 4 doesn't matter much. Culling we already get from Marylene's and it's not like getting it on gloves all of the sudden makes Marylene's suck; it is still the highest DPS amulet even with guaranteed Culling elsewhere. An a huge downside is no more Vulnerability on Hit.

3) Boots we lose the extra Endurance Charges and Bleed Immunity and really Tailwind isn't going to make up for the loss of Attack Speed from dropping Replica Wings, so not really needed either. Elusive/Onslaught... sure, nice, but I can take it or leave. We already gain Onslaught from Hatchet Master.

4) Awakened Multistrike. Sure, it works, but it means you have to stand around longer for the "3rd repeat" to hit and most of the times, I'm jumping away before I ever let a full cycle of Multistrike complete.

So... in short, all this fancy gear is really not worth and we are doing just fine without ALL of it.

Either way, it's good to test and compare and see we don't need any of it.

I may keep and take it to STD for future builds, or sell it... not sure yet, there's really nothing much else to buy for this build at the moment.

GL

EDIT: out of all these items, I'll probably use the boots + Awakened Multistrike regularly. The gloves I may sell and the axe use for bossing. To cover the loss of Bleed Immunity, I'll try Ralakesh Pantheon.
Last edited by corosou on Feb 20, 2022, 12:21:12 PM
Does it make sense to use lab enchantments on bone shatter? +1 trauma stak / +40% bones shatter
Last edited by jdth6h on Feb 20, 2022, 11:48:22 AM
"
jdth6h wrote:
Does it make sense to use lab enchantments on bone shatter? +1 trauma stak / +40% bones shatter

+40% Boneshatter is fine, but Bloodrage AS feels better.

+1 Trauma I've never tested and dunno how the extra damage feels. Should be fine, I still recommend Bloodrage AS.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Feb 20, 2022, 11:53:35 AM
3.17 Forbidden Flame & Flesh Jewels

Hi Guys,

Just got these and they are a lot of fun and open up a world of possibilities!!

I'm about to start playing around with them, but I already know they're going to be awesome, because Panopticon is awesome, and this is twice as good + some of the Totem damage leeched as life to us + more Totem Activation Range, and pretty comparable DPS to the Aspect of Carnage version of the Jewels, but without the Increased Damage Taken downside:

The Activation Range is actually very useful, I was just comparing the difference with and without that buff and it's massive!

Max Drop Distance

Max Activation Range (Without Tukohama's War Herald)
**Totems already inactive a couple of steps away :(

Max Activation Range (WITH Tukohama's War Herald)
**Totems STILL ACTIVE at the edge of going off-screen at my UltraWide Res (3840x1080)

This means we benefit from Totems buffs much further away from them than before.

Not exactly cheap... 8.5ex for one and 2ex for the other and not many of them around either, but I feel well worth for a late game investment.

GL

EDIT: GET THESE! You won't regret. So good!

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention another thing regarding Totems and the increased Range; you know those really nasty mobs with degen Auras in Archnemesis Recipes? The ones where you can barely get close to? Well, our Totems can get close :) And our same supports work for them, so just temporary replace Boneshatter with Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral Call with Multi-totem, then drop AW from a safe distance and watch them go to town, just recast when they die. You'll also need to swap Behead for Brut/Melee Phys, if you're using it at the time. They won't kill as quickly as we do, but they do quite a bit of damage, even unsupported.
Last edited by corosou on Feb 21, 2022, 3:48:48 PM
3.17 Endgame Gear (again)

Hi Fellas,

So, I know I made a previous post with the same title, but I didn't know we were going to lose Pride (again), so I reevaluated our options and made adjustments to compensate for the loss and I am happy to report that the build feels better than it did in 3.16.

Here's the list of gear and alternate quality gems I've tested and can recommend:

-::- 3.17 Endgame Gear -::-

**Mapping: Ancestral Call + Melee Splash|Behead
**Single Target: Brutality + Melee Phys

And the updated PoB Export: https://pobb.in/t5V4CoJopi7n

GL
Last edited by corosou on Feb 23, 2022, 7:22:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info