[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

Quick question, what is your boneshatter dps with full build. I want to see how far I am from it right now(I have around 100k dps when bereserk is active)
Any advice for upping my survivability and/or dps? DPS isn't bad (15m/12m Sirus), just looking to push it further.

I think the main thing I'm doing differently than some folks is using Oskarm's.

I could get more awakened gems, but pob shows a somewhat negligible difference there for the price.

I don't have unnatural instinct either, just pathed up there to get the extra ele res. Worth it? Tricky because I have a jewel in that slot that gives me corrupted blood immunity plus gets my impale chance almost to 100. Not a lot of free jewel slots to go around.

Trying to get blood immunity on one of the other jewels we use is expensive, to say the least.
IGN: SirCritoris
Last edited by Nahsil on Mar 13, 2022, 10:48:49 PM
3.17 Endgame Gear Update: Divine Blessing + Pride

Hi Guys,

So, I've been messing around with Divine Blessing + Pride + Lifetap to see if it is actually usable or if the damage taken is just too harsh, and to my surprise it's very very doable!

Here's the gear setup with it:

The reason it works, and especially for this build, is because we have 4 different ways to mitigate the 1k damage it does:

1) Enduring Cry: If you cast Pride right before Enduring Cry, you won't even notice you took any damage.

2) Life Flask: Just pop your Seething Life flask once and you won't notice you took any damage.

3) Life leech: In my testing, I've cast Pride right before attacking a pack of mobs and Life Leech filled me right back up where I barely noticed I took any damage.

4) Life regen: Finally, life regen itself will refill the damage in a few seconds, if all other options fail.

The only annoyance is you have to cast this by hand (I did keybind "Z"), but once cast, it will last for 9 seconds; one important thing to mention, is that since it's not an Aura on the player, it's hard to tell when it's active, so, if you have Aura MTX, I recommend you assign one that stands out, so you can easily tell when Pride expires.

Another important detail is that this setup locks us to Oskarm's gloves as we are giving up Mark on Hit + Assassin's Mark to fit in Divine Blessing + Pride.

Finally, one small detail that helps with the damage taken. Divine Blessing's Mana cost increases with the gem level, so the best option is to buy a Divergent Divine Blessing, de-level it to lvl 1 and make it 20Q for the lowest Mana/Life cost possible.

Ohh... one thing I forgot to mention; currently, PoB doesn't calculate Lifetap when linked to Divine Blessing, meaning it still shows as though you are reserving Mana, but in-game it works fine!

GL

Last edited by corosou on Mar 17, 2022, 4:08:15 PM
3.17 Mapping Showcase: Crazy Cemetery loot!

Hey Guys,

Dang... WTF was this map???!!!

Wasn't even that juiced, but somehow it dropped:

1xBrother's Stash
2xRaw EX
2xLogbooks
1xCorrupted 6L Chest (didn't show in clip)
Tons of Scarabs

That was some spicy sauce on that map whatever it was!

GL
I started playing PoE again this league (after a few years break, previously never got past white maps) and chose this build as a league start. 2 months, 10 days played, & 1700 deaths later, I am starting to finally feel like I understand this build!

While a build guide like Enki's arc witch is a lot more helpful w/ leveling and gear progression (an alt toon I made to play with a friend), the playstyle isn't half as rewarding as this melee build. If it wasn't this fun, I wouldn't've suffered through nearly 2000 deaths.

However, last week I got fed up with the dying as level 91 seemed to be a brick wall. Spent a lot of time trying different things, learning about defenses, more time in PoB than in game to be honest, and finally have settled on a intermediate skill tree to use until I can get all the GG gear.

Now I can finally take on conquerors or a 10way maven invite and still have portals left over by the end of it. If anyone is having trouble with this build I'd strongly suggest dropping some DPS... in PoB go to Calcs -> Calculation Mode & set it to 'Buffed'. This gives you your characters stats as if you were in hideout. Now you'll probably realize your defenses suck; this is due to the fact that jugg relies heavily on endurance charges for defense.

I found that a lot of my deaths stemmed from me killing a pack, looting, and then moving on to this next one... boom one-shot, because no more endurance.

So what I did was get my resists nearly capped while out of combat (had to lose one thread of hope) and grab some more life nodes. I also enchanted flasks to use when full so I don't have to worry about them.

Anyway, here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/15sZtKcf
About 5-10 ex total in gear. Or about the price of Unnatural Instinct :(
"
Nockalas wrote:
Spoiler
I started playing PoE again this league (after a few years break, previously never got past white maps) and chose this build as a league start. 2 months, 10 days played, & 1700 deaths later, I am starting to finally feel like I understand this build!

While a build guide like Enki's arc witch is a lot more helpful w/ leveling and gear progression (an alt toon I made to play with a friend), the playstyle isn't half as rewarding as this melee build. If it wasn't this fun, I wouldn't've suffered through nearly 2000 deaths.

However, last week I got fed up with the dying as level 91 seemed to be a brick wall. Spent a lot of time trying different things, learning about defenses, more time in PoB than in game to be honest, and finally have settled on a intermediate skill tree to use until I can get all the GG gear.

Now I can finally take on conquerors or a 10way maven invite and still have portals left over by the end of it. If anyone is having trouble with this build I'd strongly suggest dropping some DPS... in PoB go to Calcs -> Calculation Mode & set it to 'Buffed'. This gives you your characters stats as if you were in hideout. Now you'll probably realize your defenses suck; this is due to the fact that jugg relies heavily on endurance charges for defense.

I found that a lot of my deaths stemmed from me killing a pack, looting, and then moving on to this next one... boom one-shot, because no more endurance.

So what I did was get my resists nearly capped while out of combat (had to lose one thread of hope) and grab some more life nodes. I also enchanted flasks to use when full so I don't have to worry about them.

Anyway, here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/15sZtKcf
About 5-10 ex total in gear. Or about the price of Unnatural Instinct :(

Hi,

Glad to hear you stuck with it and worked through the issues! Well done :)

I also took a long break a few leagues ago and when I came back I didn't remember a ton of stuff, so I can relate to your pain.

Having to figure some of the not-so-clear aspects of the build, such as working with items that give you negative resistance, etc, can be challenging, but I am also sure you learned a lot and it's all stuff that will apply to any build going forward.

I just checked out your toon and it's looking solid! Once you get some of the expensive goodies, you'll feel godly!

Don't worry about the number of deaths! This game is incredibly punishing when you first get going but you'll improve with practice.

If you're curious, this is my 3.17 toon's death count:

So, as you can see, with experience you can certainly play the build without dying as much as you did.

You'll get there and I have no doubt surpass me, cuz 191 is pretty bad... by HC player standards ;)

GL
3.17 Boneshatter in Gauntlet

Hi Fellas,

If you haven't noticed, or aren't following the Gauntlet race, "cArn_" is actually running Boneshatter with a very similar setup to this build, just using a Slayer instead of a Jugg.

Here's his character "https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CARNDARAK/characters?characterName=cArnLastDDCall

You wouldn't expect Boneshatter to be used in Gauntlet, due to Trauma, but it's actually not the first race event I've seen it used on.

Anyway, point is this is a great opportunity for anyone interested in seeing how the skill performs in HCSSF and to get tips on survivability, as Gauntlet is as tough as the game gets.

If you're reading this after the race, I'll try to grab the full video of the run with the character mentioned above as it will be useful for leveling and to show build viability with other classes.

GL

EDIT: Unfortunatley, cArn_ discovered how tough melee has it in the current state of the game and he ripped. Here's the full video, which still has a lot of valuable leveling info: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1443325850

EliXi_R, is still alive and also running Boneshatter: https://www.twitch.tv/EliXi_R

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Elixi_R/characters?characterName=Elix_NiceOneZiz
Last edited by corosou on Apr 4, 2022, 2:50:01 PM
Maybe suggest top of the line mirror tier budget? Cant afford it but would be helpful to see what to chase as we go along
"
oSingularity wrote:
Maybe suggest top of the line mirror tier budget? Cant afford it but would be helpful to see what to chase as we go along

That doesn't really apply to this build. At least not in the way it applies to most meta builds.

First of all, this build uses mostly uniques, so the best gear you can get is just well rolled + double-corrupted.

Second, you can only "Mirror" Rare items, of which I only use boots and jewels, so not enough variability to make any of them cost a mirror or be worth mirroring.

Third, my league character is linked at the very top of the post with the absolute best gear I've been able to acquire, including a double-corrupted Farrul's that cost 55ex, along with several other examples of very very well rolled items, like my Circle's of Guilt.

Fourth, I don't recommend things I haven't tried/owned myself, as all my builds are in-game developed/tested/verified as to not mislead ppl with bs.

Lastly, I like making cheap/non-meta, yet endgame viable builds, so that people can experience a fun/tested/attainable build that won't cost them an arm/leg/eye/kidney and also, so that they hopefully realize that there are a lot of cheap neglected items/skills in this game, and that spending a mirror on ANY build is just dumb and unnecessary.

GL
New to the build but enjoying it to the point I'm at (level 65)

Main question, why have molten strike on a "when hit" ability? I find myself carefully alternating molten strike and enduring cry during difficult fights for max survivability.

Admittdely, I don't have the 3rd set of ascendendcy for the endurance on hit yet, but I'm not certain how much difference that will make.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info