Communication and the Sacred Orb

we made armours worst, but also if your extremely lucky you can fix one with Sacred Orb in the hopes of breaking the Armor. yay useless.

thinking mods super seeding base armor....
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by maxtraxv3 on Oct 12, 2021, 7:46:01 AM
"
maxtraxv3 wrote:
we made armours worst, but also if your extremely lucky you can fix one with Sacred Orb in the hopes of breaking the Armor. yay useless.

thinking mods super seeding base armor....

can you explain how they made armour worse ?? like all this buff to stats and tree or that armour can drop with better stat ?
Thank you GGG team for all the work you are putting into this game. I am also happy with the new direction of communicating with us and sharing your ideas.

Keep up the good work!
I think most peoples' reactions are overblown. I myself knew this would basically not affect me, as a mid-tier player (call it casual if you want).

Still it does not feel great to have more and more RNG-layers introduced over the years that make crafting/finding good items a little less likely every time.

But I think the only thing we can accuse GGG of, is not making it clear enough (for the average listener?) that variable basetypes by themself will affect the majority of players very very little.
"
cjimaras wrote:
It is so funny seeing all these rich whales with hundreds supporter packs cheering Tencent/GGG for every decision they made. It is so common guys. Go buy thousands more packs and enjoy your "difficult" act 1 lol. I don't know what is more disgusting: the 3.15 nerfs or the comments of 'these' guys...

The guy above you has 43 supporter packs is actually doing the opposite of what you're saying. I have a few packs myself, and do not condone GGG's ways of "balancing" either.

Their idea of balancing around the top 1% is ridiculous, and it shits all over the overwhelming majority of their player base. Adding in new and fun content only to rip it away 3 months later is counterproductive. Nerfing things into the ground from every possible angle rather than balancing the other skills/options is counterproductive. This is a game. We should be able to have fun. We should be able to have crazy power if we invest enough time and currency. They're taking the fun out of it, and making it more annoying/more of a hassle. I've spent countless hours leveling, gearing, crafting, and respeccing all of my standard characters....only to have them all become useless and unplayable.

Look at the numbers for last league compared to the ones prior. They're losing large amounts of players and revenue. You'd think that would inspire them to stop ruining the fun? Nope!
"
BlasczeM wrote:
Create the problem, sell the solution

Classic "Raison d'être"...

So stupid...
Here is the problem with the perception:

"
This is not a trivial alternate-quality system or something that is going to undermine the jackpot value you'll get when you find an amazing item that also has perfect base defences.

Please realize those jackpot "findings" dont happen. Jackpot items are double influenced tripple elevated items. They dont drop naturally by game rules and can only be crafted with Awakeners Orbs and Maven Orbs. Thats why patch 3.13 is considered the golden era of this game.

Once you realize whats wrong with "jackpot" drops/findings and that "jackpot" cant happen as a drop by definition of the system then this is the point where you can start fixing loot.

In which I told everyone 3.16 was going to be as bad as 3.15 nerf nerf random rng more nerfs... Shouldn't have bought abyss supporter pack during 3.13... hindsight I guess
It's good to see the game is still balanced around players who play 19.5 hours every day.
Last edited by Majesthion on Oct 12, 2021, 8:03:24 AM
"
PatchWorkCat wrote:
More RNG is the last thing POE needs, but they feel the ten year old game is getting stale, So better get some more ideas from the twenty year old game. I love the customization in poe, but there are to many layers of RNG at this point. Hope they change direction, but at this point I doubt it. I'm off to roll the dice to see if I skip this league or not.

Best comment ever!!
Let's all rename GGG to RNG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info