Communication and the Sacred Orb

"
PseudoDragon wrote:
Don't do this. The community doesn't want it and it's the only item in the manifesto that isn't addressing a problem. You're doing so well elsewhere, just skip this change for now and keep working on it.

+1
other changes looks fun and cool but this change rly just copy paste from diablo lol...
NOT all diablo has must be added to poe!

petition https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3185980
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Oh dear... how about leaving bases alone, no added RNG whatsoever and hence no need for this orb? Hmmmm?
sry to say, but what a shit orb.
You literally invalidated the new "mechanic" before you even added it to the game.
NOT a fan
"I wanted to post myself to clear up some misunderstanding, because when our communication about new items is through bite-sized single sentences and pictures that are designed for easy sharing on social media, some explanation and context can be missed. This often leads to fun speculation by the community, but can occasionally lead to misunderstandings."

I think it is possible to write text next to images on social media.
like: New currency to reroll those armor base qualities. Rarity: Mirror>Sacred>Exalt. (or just "Reroll base quality. super rare")

In diablo 2 crude etc quality armor basically trash. I wonder how will be this in poe. Or how often will it roll worst than normal q.

So if it this "system" will be "successful" in your eyes (not ours), we get weapon base quality in 3.17?
I wonder how would negative rolls impactful. Perhaps a lot bigger price gap as between explicit rolls.

Well for now, this is a system/currency i'm not excited about in poe. I probably won't get dropped any "superior" item which would be "expensive". God bless poe, we dont have durability YET, so Ethereal items would be meaningless :D
Honestly, changing it so base defenses have a rollable range feels unnecessary. I would have liked it better if you just upped the base defenses by a decent percentage instead. Very boring, I agree... But that just shows how little I care for this change in the first place.

The Sacred Orb is going to be a very niche item that's not going to have alot of impact on the game as a whole. For rare items; Rich crafters will start with perfect bases. Everyone else will try to sell/hoard the orbs because they are too rare to get decent use out of.

The most effective use on a rare item is when you find a dropped item with decent/good mods (which is rare enough on its own) but with minimal base stat rolls. Slap a Sacred Orb on there and you have a slightly better item. Honestly not that exciting, and such a niche situation that it's not worth trading for.

Otherwise it's going to be used to reroll Shav's, which will make this orb's value solely dependent on the popularity of CI builds.

Because of the rarity of the orbs, rollable base defenses are just going to be another case of poor man's punishment and rich man's reward. Moreso the former, because you can bet yo butt the game is going to be balanced according to the higher defense rolls.

TL;DR - meh
Last edited by Bardharr on Oct 12, 2021, 7:21:23 AM
I feel like the discussions simply get out of hand. I trust the new values will matter as well as this orb will. People b*tching around about that without even having played with the new defenses mechanics seem to do so, because they

a) are still sour for not getting all their wishes fulfilled (e. g. bringing harvest back as it was, etc., which btw is absolutely bonkers, at least for the core game point of view)

and

b) because they want to b*tch around.

Regarding Harvest, I would like it if they made a possibility for private leagues to use the old Harvest mechanic as an payable option with having the PL, the characters, and items becoming voided once the PL ends. This way, if you would really want this back, you could have people pay for that to play that. That would be fair, it wouldn't affect the core game, it wouldn't affect the new balance changes, etc. and people could stop whining about it :)

While I understand we, the community are paying for your work, I feel like all these Podcasts by Chris etc. were too much and not necessary (though I found them interesting, but may a bit too much secret sharing). It shows the dedication however, that Chris and GGG put into the game and us. I trust you GGG. I don't see where I wouldn't enjoy playing PoE.

Ever since I started to play back in Nov. 2013, I try to support you however I can by buying supporter packs if my budget allows that, promoting PoE and it will always be my main game of my Stream, and I feel like may the communication should be less. Regarding the Orb though it makes sense to explain it further, I get that. But I trust you to just make a great game.

Of course, it is important to read comments of players to be able to try to solve problems or issues players have with the current game state. On the other hand though, a lot of those complaining are simply complaining, because they feel the hassle to get something working their way is too hard. Like, they want a ez game like diablo 3, where you don't need to work for anything.

Trading though is really an issue. It can be very frustrating with the trade bots, with scammers, with even finding items on the trade website. I can understand that. I believe the majority plays SC Trade, and if you wouldn't need to whisper 40 people before you can trade something, I feel the majority wouldn't be that toxic anymore. Like for real, improving this is QoL for the majority.

One major problem is, that some get bored fast, and some finish all they thought for themselves they wanted to do too fast. There was a gap though where some simply didn't want to go through all the hassle with the big atlas. The Atlas rework is great, it is true that before as a player you felt as if you need to get all maven fights first, all Watchstones and then you can start grinding, as everything else didn't feel efficient enough, so those who had done it already had a big advantage to slower players. An advantage for faster players is fine, but it was so much so, that those who were behind may didn't want to take on that hassle to do it. Some simply kept making new characters until the economy slowed down due to less players playing and well, then they just stopped.

I'm excited for 3.16, as I was for every other league.

So, to make a final point here:

I wished the community would be less toxic, no matter if you are an elite player, a veteran, a rookie or what else. PoE is fun for me now and it should be for you if you love the game. Also it was fun before and I'm 100% convinced it will be fun in the future.

Also everyone please! remember this always when commenting here, on Reddit, or anywhere else.

No other game dev does care so much about their playing community.
No other game dev does care so much about their game themselves.

Everyone should be more grateful and less toxic for what we all have here.

Thank you GGG for being who you are, for all your hard work and thank you for a great game! Can't wait for the stream this Thursday and for Path of Exile 3.16 Scourge League!
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
25 pages of whining about an orb? chill out
"
You guys really need a PTR for the general public and it shows. How do you expect anyone to like changes when you shout them into an echo chamber and think that means it can go forward?

basically fed up here...

pretty much there is a fundamental flaw in GGG's understanding of the innocence / forgiveness of the "per-league" refresh, and this twitter post BS shows off their "rock star" mentality... (ie. you clueless guys figure it by yourself while we have a good laugh at your wrong guesses, until which point you start hatin' on us then we seriously better get back to work/ PR fixes)

I'd really like to get back to "quality content = sincere content" attitude,

and totally do away with the "where's the next problem we can create and then fix to seem understanding of the community's needs?, while simply satisfying our own then to further the interest in the game" attitude we are stuck with now.

Lest we forget that the 1% have no impact on our lives if they are having fun, and we can always aspire with streams etc., whereas currently GGG's inherent disgust of the 1% are destroying the game for literally 99% of the players.

Taking a play out of China's book, "99%" means you better listen to every single thought they have, or else the future prospects don't amount to anything.

Next league ? "Whale league", where only 70+ players keep GGG servers alive cause there's nobody else who cares.
It is so funny seeing all these rich whales with hundreds supporter packs cheering Tencent/GGG for every decision they made. It is so common guys. Go buy thousands more packs and enjoy your "difficult" act 1 lol. I don't know what is more disgusting: the 3.15 nerfs or the comments of 'these' guys...
Create the problem, sell the solution

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info