Communication and the Sacred Orb

But we already have to be looking for certain influences on certain bases. Now that drop need to have perfect defense too. This is a drag. I agree with other people. just buff the bases and be done with it.
Also a perfect unique is a double corrupted one not a unique with 20 new quality. And you can't use that currency on your double corrupted unique. Chris you are not playing the same game that other people are playing and that is why you think this is a good idea.
Last edited by Anutheos on Oct 12, 2021, 3:16:28 AM
Sorry to say but I still heavily disagree with the decision. This feels something similar to the Heist quality orbs where normal people don't even think about using them and the 0.00001% get to spam them on items to craft some mirror tier stuff and get even more ahead.
A Reallife example would be tax avoidance for super rich people. The normal population has to deal with new stuff (having sup par defence rolls) Oh you are super rich? No problem you can just skip this step while making your mirror tier item just pay some extra ex and fix it later. Totally not a fan.
We still can't craft perfect items though so why bother with the perfect base? I hate to harp on about it but what you did with Harvest completely ruined the gear perfection end game whilst having dispelled the illusion of what a good item is. And for what? To satisfy players who cried about "you shouldn't be able to roll perfect items" whilst never actually rolling perfect items them selves.

Either we're supposed to chase perfection within the 3 month cycle or we're not, make your damn minds up about it already. If we are then we need Harvest back or an alternative that allows perfection at super end game. If we're not then what's the purpose of this new stat outside of uniques?

To illustrate the problem to you in the clearest way possible, try to work out how to make this chest or even anything remotely close to it without Harvest.

If you figure it out please let me know as it's virtually impossible unless you hit it on the Awakener Orb.

This is the problem with PoE crafting, it's inconsistent. If you want two elevated suffixes all you need is some luck and you can meta craft it. If you need two elevated mods that are prefix/suffix then you're screwed and left to chance. Some methods respect meta mods, some don't, have fun figuring out which is which without bricking the item.

Harvest in it's original form solved all of this as it allowed slow gradual perfection. Were the seeds too common? Sure they may have been. Did the Ritual version solve that? No as now everyone encountered it without effort generating more random crafts that wouldn't otherwise be created. The seeds system allowed the crafter to focus on what he needed instead of farming for random crafts to sell and buy what he needed.

tl;dr: Crafting is a mess and this doesn't solve anything but to make some uniques slightly more interesting where most of them are too common anyway.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Oct 12, 2021, 3:25:59 AM
The game is so bloated with currencies that many of us will never see. This extra peice is not interesting at all. Please stop diluting the game with nonsensical items.
"
Redblade wrote:
We still can't craft perfect items though so why bother with the perfect base? I hate to harp on about it but what you did with Harvest completely ruined the gear perfection end game whilst having dispelled the illusion of what a good item is. And for what? To satisfy players who cried about "you shouldn't be able to roll perfect items" whilst never actually rolling perfect items them selves.

Either we're supposed to chase perfection within the 3 month cycle or we're not, make your damn minds up about it already. If we are then we need Harvest back or an alternative that allows perfection at super end game. If we're not then what's the purpose of this new stat outside of uniques?

To illustrate the problem to you in the clearest way possible, try to work out how to make this chest or even anything remotely close to it without Harvest.

If you figure it out please let me know as it's virtually impossible unless you hit it on the Awakener Orb.

This is the problem with PoE crafting, it's inconsistent. If you want two elevated suffixes all you need is some luck and you can meta craft it. If you need two elevated mods that are prefix/suffix then you're screwed and left to chance. Some methods respect meta mods, some don't, have fun figuring out which is which without bricking the item.

Harvest in it's original form solved all of this as it allowed slow gradual perfection. Were the seeds too common? Sure they may have been. Did the Ritual version solve that? No as now everyone encountered it without effort generating more random crafts that wouldn't otherwise be created. The seeds system allowed the crafter to focus on what he needed instead of farming for random crafts to sell and buy what he needed.

tl;dr: Crafting is a mess and this doesn't solve anything but to making some uniques slightly more interesting where most of them are too common anyway.

Fully agree.
Perfect or for the real - near-perfect craft is something unattainable for 99,9% of players and for the rest 0,01% it's just a matter of luck, not more.
So huge part of the game with those moments of satisfaction is just artificially hidden from the people. I don't understand whether it is a misunderstanding or maleficent intent.
I think the rarity resolves some issues.

At first players might have held off on crafting on a less than perfect base as if they are going to go "all in" you might as well do so on the best base - since it is almost always going to be way cheaper than the craft itself.

This item means you no longer need to hold off. You can get a good enough base, and if crafting goes well you can look to finish it off with one of these.

Cool.

But I am still left wondering what this 0-20% mod really does for the game.

I feel like for 99% of the players it will be ignored, and that for the 1% who will actively interact with it... it's just not interesting. It's not a new mod, its not cranking up mods like elevated does.

I think GGG should adopt a rule of thumb that "uninteresting RNG is to be avoided".
Last edited by Dead_Optimist on Oct 12, 2021, 3:35:25 AM
"it's super rare so it doesn't matter it's a shitty idea and decision"

No it still matters and it's still shit. This doesn't solve anything, it's still a bad idea.
Last edited by PumaMogwai on Oct 12, 2021, 3:35:28 AM
It is currently the second-rarest currency item after the Mirror of Kalandra

are you people insane? been playing since like beta Never found a Mirror so yea you must be freaking insane....
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
Dead_Optimist wrote:
I think the rarity resolves some issues.

At first players might have held off on crafting on a less than perfect base as if they are going to go "all in" you might as well do so on the best base - since it is almost always going to be way cheaper than the craft itself.

This item means you no longer need to hold off. You can get a good enough base, and if crafting goes well you can look to finish it off with one of these.

Cool.

But I am still left wondering what this 0-20% mod really does for the game.

I feel like for 99% of the players it will be ignored, and that for the 1% who will actively interact with it... it's just not interesting. It's not a new mod, its not cranking up mods like elevated does.

I think GGG should adopt a rule of thumb that "uninteresting RNG is to be avoided".

Considering how rare it is there is even more reason to not craft on anything that doesn't have perfect defense rolls already. Unless you have so much currency that it makes literally no difference to you slamming an item with 3ex orbs multiple times for that perfect roll.
Last edited by Zeronium on Oct 12, 2021, 3:39:43 AM
Hey, we have introduced a new currency again, of course you will not be find it.
Veiled Chaos Orb introduced in 3.14 and I've played over 500 hours since then. But I saw them only 2 times in the first week of their introduction.
Well, you don't have to worry about an additional slot in the tab, because you won't see this orb.

We are waiting for information about new fusing with a rarity twice as rare as exalt to secure a link or a link of increased efficiency, for minmax.
Casuals, suffer further PepeChill
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515
Last edited by moonretealoud on Oct 12, 2021, 3:47:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info