Communication and the Sacred Orb

To be honest I have no idea what is going on here, but I do understand that if this new orb drops - I will be rich when I sell it
I'll never get the idea of ​​you guys wanting to make it harder and harder for casual gamers to get satisfying items/moments in the game... "imagine" having to play like 200h+/league to have currency enough to BUY a satisfying item instead of being able to craft or get it... feels like we're stuck in a nerf field forever, RiP
honestly rarity would be fine, if it was not rerolling but increasing base value. that would make it fun and steady progression end game project, even if the increase be only 3%. 15ex for item the have perfect base is big enough investment for 99% playerbase and people would not rage on ggg after using 30ex worth of orbs and failing to improve the item. my two cents ;)

p.s. ggg should set a few long term goals where player can make steady progression to work(play) towards each day. seeing your own progression could be more fulfilling than gambling all the time.
48;49;46;47;58;72;79;83;52;72;52;87;66;87;96;70;86;96;80;89;96;95;90;94;93;83;85;91;95;88;94;92;94;86;83;94;95;95;95;91;94;98;87;88;92;96;89;88;94;96;80;92;94;92;96;84;90;75;86;91;95;94;94;95;95
More bullshit rng. Add bullshit rare orb to maybe fix the bullshit with more rng.

...nice!
"
Zeronium wrote:
"
Dead_Optimist wrote:
I think the rarity resolves some issues.

At first players might have held off on crafting on a less than perfect base as if they are going to go "all in" you might as well do so on the best base - since it is almost always going to be way cheaper than the craft itself.

This item means you no longer need to hold off. You can get a good enough base, and if crafting goes well you can look to finish it off with one of these.

Cool.

But I am still left wondering what this 0-20% mod really does for the game.

I feel like for 99% of the players it will be ignored, and that for the 1% who will actively interact with it... it's just not interesting. It's not a new mod, its not cranking up mods like elevated does.

I think GGG should adopt a rule of thumb that "uninteresting RNG is to be avoided".

Considering how rare it is there is even more reason to not craft on anything that doesn't have perfect defense rolls already. Unless you have so much currency that it makes literally no difference to you slamming an item with 3ex orbs multiple times for that perfect roll.

Maybe specifically for ES bases, but I think less so for the others.

It does also depend on how common those high rolled bases are.

If we're at a point where everyone can grap a max % base for minimal cost, then even though they are rare these orbs might not be worth much - since what else are you going to do with them?

On the flip side, if max rolled bases are as rare as these orbs then it might well be economical to grab a lower % base just in case your crafting bricks it.

Either way, I think having the option that the orb presents is good.

Even if I think the underlying mechanic is poor.
Vary values of defenses on items is bad idea, not as bad as immunities, but awful nonetheless.

All this outdated mechanics must stay is D2. Just like painfully small inventory.
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
Is all this really necessary, Chris?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So instead of a usefull quality craft, which allowed us to 6link items somewhat cheaper now we have this shity "quality" mod which does NOTHING for 99% of players, and for 1% now its just 9/10 or 19/20 of droped bases are trash.
BUT WAIT there is more, we also introduce to you a shit orb, which does nothing for 99% of players and for 1% allowes to make some less-perfect items closer to perfect? except most items would be crafted on already 10 or 20% bases, so the only usecase is a new divine orb for uniques, but with a cost of 3Ex. gg ggg
Nice
Smoke and mirrors

Adding chase items to craft off then adding an orb that negates the chase. You CANNOT use the rarity of the orb as a potential 'solution' to the chase.

PoE is all about trading and the drop chance means nothing when people will inevitably trade and spam those orbs. The rarity of the orb does not determine the direct price. If there is no market you end up sitting with junk!

I feel that this is just another out of touch change added by GGG!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info