Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Because I like playing as a support.

Mate, playing a support and elevating other players to demi-god levels around you is something entirely different.
Last edited by groink19 on Oct 8, 2021, 5:34:21 AM
"
nope, they adding real supports to the game, by deleting the astronomically overpowered interactions

If you spend an astronomical amount of ex (3-4k) and a huge amount of time, you get astronomical support in return. I guess it's about developing your character.

It's logical. There are many ways to weaken aurabots, but the easiest way to kill them is.
Reminder to balance unique gear skills like Atziri s Staff' Queen's Demand that could use ignite well with archmage setup or so.
Also Corrupting Fever mightbneed a balance if you increase global DOT multiplier like this.

Also that some uniques like harbinger staff are still forgotten.
"
joffxrey wrote:
Somehow all this aurabots who are posting here pretending that there was nothing wrong with party plays and they don't mention all the currency they were gathering by abusing party system. It isn't just "friends just playing in party", it is spamming 100% delirium maps, getting absurd amount of currency to dominate trade. You won't be missed.

Also this, a person with a proper brain.
Agreeing with these changes. Just wanted to put my voice out there in case GGG is tallying them ;)

Also: It would be great if people could stop being so dramatic. Yes, Aura-stackers are nerfed and anyone who played one and did not see that coming was delusional. The sheer difference between playing a skill "normally" and via aura-stacking is astounding. Of course, there was also a high-investment for it. But this does not change the issue, it still does mean that due to it being possible balance and skill changes had to work around what they would mean in the context of aura-stackers. The simple truth is that the vast majority of the player-base and builds benefits from these changes. On top of that they open up design-space.

I'm sorry for everyone who feels cheated out of an enjoyable experience. That is not fun and I understand being upset. I hope most will find other enjoyable builds and those that leave for new shores I wish all the best and hope you find another game that gives you joy.
"
Shadeless01 wrote:

GGG thinks that the harder they make the game the longer the retention, but for me when progress stops my fun for the game stops.

well tbh i'm not trying to argue that
- 3.15 is terrible
- new EE and EO nerfs are disturbing
- the idea of making the game harder is detrimental to the game's health and that approach already resulted in ggg's 30% revenue loss and big blow to the playerbase
- the game was hard enough in 3.13
dead game
bring back 3.13
Tears of aurabots gives me pleasure.

GGG, what about changes to monster damage?
"
happens_ow wrote:

"complex" kekw

yes like you that only seeing 1 word in 100+ word post. our someone who have not seen map or know how a build play talking about oh this build is fine you need to play around it :D its so funny . making stuff simple to Damage and defense stat already so they can be happy. why have mechanic if you invest time to build around to have said defense and damage LUL just get more EVAION AND ARMOR or this new stat 4Head .
and bigger stat for the direct damage you doing why you need to have mechanic like EE or EQ .
Last edited by Reaper0181 on Oct 8, 2021, 5:42:22 AM
"
Somehow all this aurabots who are posting here pretending that there was nothing wrong with party plays and they don't mention all the currency they were gathering by abusing party system. It isn't just "friends just playing in party", it is spamming 100% delirium maps, getting absurd amount of currency to dominate trade. You won't be missed.

You're kidding?? And from where aurabot to get currency for develop character? Hundreds of thousands of exs are supposed to need. It is supposed to buy with real money from www?
I think the game has reached a point where it's too complicated for devs to make any meaningful balance change without any collateral damage.

It's just too fking complicated, too many useless skill gems/unique gears/weird mechanics … , and a lot of new skill gems/unique gears/weird mechanics are being added into the already bloated game every league, what's the point if almost nobody uses them or buff something so GGG can nerf it next league, I can't believe it that after so many years GGG now start to make core character mechanic change.

That being said experienced players will always find a way to overcome any nerf, I bet they have much better knowledge about the game than GGG devs after playing the game for so many years. It's time for GGG to do subtraction not addition to the game, otherwise the nerf cycle will never end and the game will come to an dead-end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info