Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

please let me aura stack still, i dont care about bots, i just wanna solo stack =(
So you basically just effectively removed Elemental Equilibrium from the game...
Considering we already have many sources for exposures, making EE another source of exposure seems dumb... but that is your game, game for you and not for gamers
The changes overall seem good, but full conversion (Triad Grip) and elemental minions are definitely the losers here. The effective removal of EE is a direct -50% to -70% dps loss against high resistance enemies like Sirus.

With these changes, there's basically no reason to go cold conversion, as physical and impale get more dps with less investment, so this is definitely something to keep in mind for rebalancing (stuff such as aura effect on minions could help here, but the loss of EE is a major nerf to these builds)

Using my old HelluHarvests as an example, picking up the old EE on the tree gives the build +73% dps against Sirus, I don't think the build can recover from that.
rip BA playstyle :O
Until 2015-2016 The game was well developed ... it was fun. Then something started to go wrong ... And in the end, these are the results.
"
methSifu wrote:
please let me aura stack still, i dont care about bots, i just wanna solo stack =(

Solo stack will come back if it is dead this season. The biggest problem with aura stacking was limited design space. Now that they freed some room for themselves they can consider alt quality buffs, and stronger auras and aura based uniques.
I know they mentioned something for pure elemental minions since EE is basically gone
"
We will be looking at pure Elemental Minions to determine what changes are needed here.

Why not give the new aura small cluster jewel "Effect of your Auras on you and your minions"? Seems like that should be included. Maybe make certain nodes only affect you or minions?
"
Introduce a new Cluster Jewel Notable to increase the "Effect of your Auras on You" for builds that are building Auras for their own power.

Just some thoughts.
"
CeePee_ wrote:
The changes overall seem good, but full conversion (Triad Grip) and elemental minions are definitely the losers here. The effective removal of EE is a direct -50% to -70% dps loss against high resistance enemies like Sirus.

With these changes, there's basically no reason to go cold conversion, as physical and impale get more dps with less investment, so this is definitely something to keep in mind for rebalancing (stuff such as aura effect on minions could help here, but the loss of EE is a major nerf to these builds)

Using my old HelluHarvests as an example, picking up the old EE on the tree gives the build +73% dps against Sirus, I don't think the build can recover from that.

+ 1 good bye elemental minions.

3.16 will be worse then 3.15, and 3.15 was all ready really really frustrating.

Defenses, really not convinced there, now it's just 1 way to build.. what a great changes. And seriously evade + dodge is 2 layers you go back to 1 layer, how the fuck can that be better.
Last edited by Shadeless01 on Oct 8, 2021, 3:54:29 AM
All happy people will cry on global when they reach endgame, amd want host simulacrums or 5ways. "Need aurabot". Rip. They killed multiplayer mode. Since they nerfed core defences like block or dodge, and they added armour, evasion, and yiu take only half of the elemental damage if you evade (?), is still shit. High bosses will kill you, even with 50% damage taken, if they hit you, and as I see, they have 100% chabce to hit you with spells. 6party buffed bosses just too strong to play without aurabot.
Chris Wilson should look for another job. This one is not going well.
Last edited by Nyisz on Oct 8, 2021, 3:54:01 AM
Unlike the evasion/ dodge part in part 2 this sounds all pretty good again , like part 1 and the rest of part 2.

bit worried about elemental damage scaling minions , losing EE and possibly a lot of aura affect scaling, so please keep your word and take a close look at those builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info