Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

More loss player retention or gain
Stay tune to the next league
"
Jix_91 wrote:
Chris in Marketing Interview:„We are hesitant on implementing changes to auras, because we want to be sure of the implications“
Manifesto:“get rolled Reddit“

Reddit were the ones that mostly wanted these changes Chris even said so in one of the podcasts

Also these changes are sweet.
"
xR1C0x wrote:
More loss player retention or gain
Stay tune to the next league

Calm down aurastackers we're less than a percent of the playerbase lmao
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Why not make ye'olde stuff for dudes like this - legacy on std . Like...std is a museum\graveyard for at least 2 years - nobody cares if there happen to left some old mechanics.

P.S. i know that feel bro - logging on some old character for nostalgia reasons and seeing that it doesnt work anymore - sucks
This format is good because it allows us to independently give feedback on what you've identified as problems and how you're then trying to solve those problems. It would be better if it came much earlier in the release cycle because at this point if you've completely missed the mark, feedback about it won't matter, it's already too late.

As for the actual changes, not as bad as the massive defensive nerfs we're getting, but you seem to have missed the mark on a few things.

The first issue is the impact of the changes to solo aurastackers. I haven't personally played an aurastacker, they're well outside my typical budget, but I don't have a problem with characters being OP when it requires mirrors of investment to get there, b/c that's not actually OP, that's appropriately balanced for its cost.

The actual problem, aurabots and cursebots in party play, haven't really been impacted too much, particularly in 6-person parties; they can just spread the auras and curses out more between party members. That's less viable in smaller parties, so the changes will be more effective there at least. Fortunately, at least, non-stacking solo aura usage seems to be left pretty much intact.

Fixing the actual problem, and doing so without collateral damage, would've required an entirely different approach than the one taken: on players (i.e. not your minions), each additional aura from another player beyond some fixed amount should provide diminishing returns in terms of the aura effect you get from other players. If you get X auras from other players, it's full effect, same as your own auras, but as soon as you get a X+1 aura from another player, you get a Y% less aura effect from other players modifier, that scales with each additional aura from other players. Apply that diminished effect to the necromancer and guardian ascendancy mechanics that work off those auras as well, when you're getting them from other players, so having a necro or guardian aurabot in your group with a ton of auras doesn't give you unlimited attack and cast speed or unlimited phys mitigation and life regen, respectively, but still buffs them and their minions fully.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

These are the people that play and can't make more than an a few exalted orbs a league and will never own a Headhunter. Then they hate streamers with 10,000 hours invested because they are good at the game.
"
Darer07 wrote:
Wtf. U made OK patch, not good, but OK, with new content, this league can be good. But u killed archetype and duo play, not party. Ppls mas bcos 6 man parties killing a9 sirus,uber and 5orbs in first 8 hours of league. Lol, they will kill all content not in 8 hours, but in 12, bcos take 2 aurabots.
And u are making new content, more harder and will not give more damage. For whom? Duo will be dead, aurastackers will be dead. Who will farm ur "new hard content"? 6 man parties with new setup, that all ppl blaming. GGG hello, the problem is full party play, bcos they can farm maps, bosses, trading, sustaining as good as 12 solo players that focused on one of this way. Ppls dont like when some1 better that u x2. Ur enemy not aurastackers, not duo player - ur enemy is full party play that wasnt nerfed. Just delete last manifesto and ppls will be angry only on 6man parties, but this manifesto in game and ppls will be angry on 6man parties, nerfed aurastackers, new content that noone can farm and dead duoplay

Yea and you might as well remove party play in general. Why should it be punished if you have friends and are skilled? Would you like it to be impossible to play the game? Why are people so mad people play the game? Games have speed runs, racing, etc among the best players. It is not a bad thing!
"
"
Standard league is a joke. If you're mad your character on standard got broken by a change, that's just too bad. The game is the leagues, it has been for a long time. Standard league will always be at best an afterthought. Best to get used to that.

You are one of the fools who think that way. Leagues are really glorified beta tests. Standard has a stable economy and are the best option for people who have jobs and families, and cant spend hours and hours to get a character that can do most of endgame every league. League content that reaches standard is supposed to be balanced and stable. Standard is also amazing because of the previously more prevalent legacy items that wouldn’t completely brick your build as a slight mitigation of league nerfs. And even if you were really hit hard you could save currency to buy discontinued items that would still allow you to keep the playstyle that was enjoyable to you. People with bad internet connections could progress to a really tanky character. And if you want to build something new, most of the starter items are dirt cheap in standard which you could just slap onto a character you’ve levelled before, bypassing hours and hours of grinding.

Standard was a mode that respected my time and effort prior to 3.14. 3.13 was really the golden age for standard.

What all the consecutive nerfs are doing is driving away the most loyal oldest players who have invested the most time, effort and money to fund the development of this game. You’ll understand once you’re mature and real life takes more of your time.

Wish the game was more like guild wars2 with a design philosophy that really respected your time, but with the way things are going, it feels like that isn’t going to happen. Chris and the dev team just want their dark souls arpg rather than the build simulator that made this game the most amazing thing it used to be. They want you to grind for hours on end every 3months to see the rest of the game and play the content you enjoy.

I and likely many people want a build that can do most of endgame. We dont want to have to specialize multiple characters for each type of endgame. We don’t want to be anxious we are gonna die and lose our progress, sitting at the edge of our seats every map. We want to be able to reach a point where we can just boot up the game and relax and watch the animations and see stuff explode while listening to music at the end of a hard day of real life. We want the option to try quirky builds that can reach at least t10 maps before we decide to fully invest time and effort to make it perfect for harder content. We hate seeing characters we’ve invested in for 1 to 2 years completely trashed. We hate limited diversity which further narrows building playstyles you truly enjoy.

Standard players have the most player retention league on league despite being only 10 to 20 percent of the playerbase, which mind you is very significant. Happy customers are more likely to spend more money on the game to make characters they’ve fully invested into look better.

You opinion is moronic, self centered, immature and outdated. I can’t respect it but I can agree to disagree because my wants are just as relevant as any league player especially with how much money I’ve spent on this game since closed beta.

What talking you? Standard is a dumping ground.
Think of standard as a post-apocalyptic state where the only survivors are huddling up and scavenging for left overs with a quarterly air-drop of new supplies when league ends. crumbs and bits where you can piece together to make some new wooden toy.
"
lolwut32 wrote:
Yes... Ha ha ha... YES!
BRAVO GGG!

to all salty aurababs:

Another angry solo player who will never own a Headhunter. Haters gonna hate.
"
JohnJohn1988 wrote:
There is STILL no incentive for long term progression for leveling, so once you get to lvl100, you are just expected to make a new character, because that doesn't get old. AND why do we STILL have to go through the campaign with every new character just to be able to get to maps. How does that not get boring for anyone if you do it enough times with no other alternatives for leveling your character in a different way.

So True!
Everytime we want play/test other character have to do the Acts and Lab is moronic and stupid. After 5 to 6 times it gets really boring even doing speed strats and grabbing skills points quests after.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info