Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

3.15 = nerf mana cost
3.16 = nerf mana reservation
3.17 = nerf life pool to a max of 200
Imagine having fun in a game by playing support and helping friends, GJ... I think I had enough, I played since beta, but this is just wrong...every league u gained more and more playerbase, I guess u decided to go backwards since last league and u wanna loose it all instead.

Just like wow, the biggest enemy of PoE is PoE itself...
I'm not going to go for the obvious aura/curse stackers/bots nerfs this thread 99% of this thread is flame bait fest back and forth.

But with this new change looks like they nerfed necromancers as well.. with the removal of EE and other things the conversion type lost alot of damage since EE is kinda of a big deal for conversion types for non SO builds.

Still on the train exile? I mean there's more nerfs than buffs here and we havent seen the actual numbers on the new gems except the ones they shared here. It's kinda safe to say that even if this changes arent 100% going to make live glads and necromancers are going to be a meme thing eventually.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
"
Shattering Steel now has “Projectiles deal up to 100% more Damage with Hits per Steel Shard consumed at the start of their movement, lowering this bonus as they travel farther” (previously Hits and Ailments). Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 16.7% lower when consuming 2 shards. This skill is not intended to work well with ignite so it doesn't justify having its own unique multiplier stat.

What about Bleed? It is a physical damage skill that worked really well with bleed and this change removes that option. This change was intended for Elemental Ailments and ends up ignoring the existence of a Physical Ailment.
Welcome to the actual game, aurabots and aurastackers. This is how it feels to get a nerf. At least you should be happy your build managed to live that long.
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW
It seems like people don't realize what the changes to reservation mean. Yes, they are a nerf, but people are treating it like a catastrophe.

First I want to say that aurabots existed before cluster jewels, and they'll exist after this nerf. They'll be less effective, but chances are they'll still be able to reserve a dozen or so auras.

Aurastackers will still be able to invest into aura effectiveness via cluster jewels, and again be able to invest into a dozen or so auras.

At the high end, this is a nerf, instead of every aura in the game, they "only" get to pick a dozen. That sounds like a reasonable balance to me.

The problem was that reduced reservation, like any additive reduction mechanic, becomes exponential when invest into heavily. Reservation Efficiency is how it should have been from the beginning.

For the people worried about minion builds and whatnot, don't be. Unless you're currently running more than 50% reduced mana reservation, the reservation side will be a buff. The loss of effectiveness is still a definite nerf, but frankly minions are still on the ridiculous high damage side and I don't think high end minion builds will sweat it much.

"
I don't play standard, but GGG you are short sighted to think that rendering people's standard characters completely unplayable is a good idea.

Do what you want with the expansions, people can vote on your changes and get their feelings across by deciding to buy or not buy supporter packs. You should be more careful with your customers' heavily min maxed standard characters. Those disrespected/undervalued types of players will vote by simply uninstalling.

This is exactly what's going to happen.

I'll install the patch, just to confirm my 25+ mirrors aura stacker on standard is now absolute thrash, then uninstall the game never to be heard of again.

Good riddance POE, such a shame.
Last edited by Xelter96 on Oct 7, 2021, 9:06:59 PM
Hear me! Hear me! The Harvest boys had lost, but you, the aurastacker/aurabot might still have a chance to win this foreseen nightmare. These decisions are not final so it's not too late. You are indeed our playerbase out there but other players are POE players too you know. The problems might be:

1. You are not buying enough supporter packs and losing you are probably fine (I guess).
2. GGG hates the fact that you can run all auras. They are not nerfing these individual auras. No less effect or anything, just the way you exploit it.
3. Other players are hating the build. Some of them become toxic just for you.
4. Even with the nerf, you can still party play anyway, you don't have to pay for it. You don't have to be THAT efficient.

Personally, I like to play their 'game'. You can't stop the wind of change. This is not your game bruh.
"Sentinels of Purity summoned with Herald of Purity now have 40% less Life. Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 50.0% higher when using the Death Wish skill from the Maw of Mischief Unique Helmet."

Wow, thanks for nerfing my minion instability build for the sake of making ignite better with a particular unique :^)
Was already hurting from blind and fortify nerfs(as I'm passive starved enough as is without being forced to invest in more passives) and I guess EE getting hit too.

I guess my build's bricked now.

Woo!
WHERE IS THE REST???
PLEASE ADDRESS TO:

ABOUT AURAS
-ISNT THE QUALITY VALUES GOING TO CHANGE???
-I LIKED THE IDEAS A LOT BUT TO BE FAIR, THERE SHOULD BE MANY BUFFS IN AURA QUALITY AND ON TEMPLAR GUARDIAN ASCENDANCY!!! DONT FORGET THIS ASCENDANCY GUYS!!!

ABOUT CURSES
-THE OVERALL IDEA IS GREAT BUT WHAT ABOUT REDUCING SOME OF THE BOSS PENALTIES ON CURSES OR AT LEAST BUFFING SOME CURSES BACK UP LIKE TMEPORAL CHAINS? SOME CURSES WILL JUST FEEL USELESS

ABOUT COLD DOT DMG
-THERE WAS NO REAL BONUS HERE, THE INCREASE ON NUMBERS WONT MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS OF -50%RESIST FROM ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM... AND COLD DOT CANT REACH HIGH VALUES ALREADY.. I SUGEST ADDING 1-2 CLUSTERS ON THE TREE FOCUSING IN COLD DOT WHILE REDUCING DMG FROM HITS OR REDUCING CAST SPEED... SOMETHING LIKE THIS..
-MOST COLD DOT DMG SKILLS DONT HAVE ANY HIT COMPONENT TO CRIT OR HAS A HIGH COOLDOWN LIKE VORTEX, SO JUST KILLED ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD FOR THEM... ITS MUCH MORE OF A NERF TO IT OVERALL!!

ABOUT IGNITES/FIRE DOT
-IGNITES GOT A BETTER BUFF THAN COLD DAMAGE OVER TIME BUT BARELY MAKING UP FOR ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM LOSS, DONT FORGET THAT THOSE BUILDS HAVE A HARD TIME WITH BOSSES WITH HIGH RESISTS, NOT MAP GARBAGE MONSTERS...

ABOUT DOT DMG OVER ALL
-YOU GUYS MASCARADE THE DMG PENALTY HERE!! CUZ IN MOST BOSS FIGHTS WE STRONGLY RELY ON ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM TO DEAL DMG WITH DOT... AND LETS NOT FORGET THAT ITS ALSO A GREAT LOSS FOR BUILD WITH DMG ON HIT AS WELL!!

ABOUT MONSTERS DOT
-WHAT ABOUT IGNITES FROM MONSTERS? ARE THEY COMING AT 2.5 TIMES HIGHER AS WELL??

ABOUT MINIONS
-MOST STRONG MINIONS ARE ELEMENTAL DMG BASED AND THEY RELY HEAVLY ON ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM, IT WAS A MUST HAVE ON BOSSES! GIVING A EXPOSURE OPTION WONT WORK HERE CUZ WE WERE ALREADY USING EXPOSURE FROM ELEMENTAL ARMY GEM!
-MY SUGESTION: CHANGE ELEMENTAL ARMY THAT IT DOESNT HAVE A MORE DMG MULTIPLIER ANYMORE, BUT NOW DEALS A -50% ELEM EXPOSUREFOR THE HIGHEST ELEM DMG DONE AND THIS EXPOSURE ONLY WORKS FOR MINIONS (SO IT CANNOT BE ABUSED FOR OTHER PURPOSES)
-OTHER SUGESTION: A NEW KEYSTONE THAT GRATS YOU AND NEARBY ENEMIES -50% TO ALL ELEMENTAL RESISTENCES AND YOU CANNOT DEAL DMG YOURSELF (SO YOU HAVE TO INVEST MORE IN RESISTENCES AS WELL, AND WILL ONLY WORK FOR YOUR MINIONS!)

ABOUT MINIONS DOT
-WHERE IS THE BUFF ON MINIONS DOT YOU GUYS PROMISSED? REMEMBER WE CANT GET MANY SOURCES OF DOT MULTIPLIER FOR MINIONS.. WHAT ABOUT CREATING A CLUSTER FOCUSING ON MINION DOT DMG, AND MAYBE A KEYSTONE WITH MINIONS DEAL DOUBLE DMG WITH DOT AND DEAL HALF DMG WITH HITS? OR MAYBE A SHIELD WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO WE CAN GIVE IT TO MINIONS WITH AEGIS..

==========================================

I TOT U GUYS WERE GOING WITH AURAS/CURSES PENALTIES SO YOU COULD BUFF THE AURAS/CURSES AT ITS CORE, BUT IT WAS ONLY NERFS.. >.>
AGAIN.. DONT FORGET ABOUT TEMPLAR GUARDIANS!!!!
Last edited by rafaelgxs on Oct 7, 2021, 10:10:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info